PDA

View Full Version : Censorship in the DR!

Don Tomas
11-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Hey all I just read something that really SUCKS!

No More Papi Chulo and a couple other songs!

Comisión Nacional de Espectáculos Públicos prohibits La Popola, Papi Chulo y El Gran Robo!

http://www.elnacional.com.do/app/article.aspx?id=17926

cremaconpalo
11-05-2004, 08:01 AM
DT...don't worry, bro...there's plenty more where that music came from! :)

What cracks me up is just how does the National Comission on Public Spectacles" plan on enforcing it? :lol: Pirate CD sales will probably skyrocket! :lol:

Imagine that...a "Kleenex" in Babylon! :twisted:

BrooklynBeas
11-05-2004, 08:42 AM
it would be nice if you had an english version of that shit... but from what i understood or think i understood... La Popola talks about downgrading of women and the DR? Same for Papi Chulo and .. El Gran Robo talks about taking drugs and violence...

cremaconpalo
11-05-2004, 08:53 AM
from what i understood or think i understood... La Popola talks about downgrading of women and the DR? Same for Papi Chulo

You got it, bro...See, you're allowed to DO it because it is a way of life all over D.R., you just can't SING about it! :P

cremaconpalo
11-05-2004, 09:09 AM
from what i understood or think i understood... La Popola talks about downgrading of women and the DR? Same for Papi Chulo

You got it, bro...See, you're allowed to DO it because it is a way of life all over D.R., you just can't SING about it! :P

Aventura has a song about an unwed Dominican mother, :shock:, who raises her kid alone by selling her pussy (can you imagine?) and one day the cops knock on her door looking for him because they like him for the perp in a murder...NOW WHAT THE FUCK IS THE "NATIONAL COMISSION ON PUBLIC SPECTACLES" GONNA DO ABOUT THAT SONG?

Prohibiting this music in D.R. is like making it illegal to spit in a cesspool...and it's the quickest way to increase it's popularity. Like R.D. says, "life is even more painful when you're stupid" :x

BrooklynBeas
11-05-2004, 09:21 AM
maybe because Aventura is a Dominican group and reggaeton is predominently PR... that could have something to do with it... You do know that Tego Calderon can no longer perform in the DR because of his MEDICINA that he speaks about....

cremaconpalo
11-05-2004, 09:27 AM
maybe because Aventura is a Dominican group and reggaeton is predominently PR... that could have something to do with it... You do know that Tego Calderon can no longer perform in the DR because of his MEDICINA that he speaks about....

Yeah...like Nike says, "Just do it! (don't talk/sing about it)" :x

BrooklynBeas
11-05-2004, 09:33 AM
whats the name of the aventrua song that your speaking about anyways... i probably have it and dont even know

Reel Deal
11-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Just goes to show that the DR gov't can be as stupid as ours.

cremaconpalo
11-05-2004, 09:37 AM
whats the name of the aventrua song that your speaking about anyways... i probably have it and dont even know

Gotta look it up when i get home, bro. I'll get back to you on it (if no one else does by then). 8)

Don Tomas
11-05-2004, 09:49 AM
What cracks me up is just how does the National Comission on Public Spectacles" plan on enforcing it? :lol: Pirate CD sales will probably skyrocket! :lol:

Actually the article states that it is prohibited from being played on the radio or in the open! So basically cops could come bust D'Latinos for playing it. Sure they will never stop sales or internet downloads but they sure can bust you for playing it in the open.

BrooklynBeas
11-05-2004, 09:51 AM
ill make sure to have these three songs on repeat while blasting them in the jeepeta in about 2 weeks

cremaconpalo
11-05-2004, 09:53 AM

Gotta look it up when i get home, bro. I'll get back to you on it (if no one else does by then). 8)

BB...the song is titled "Amor de Madre (A Mother's Love)"
lyrics: http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/a/aventura8797/amordemadre298727.html

Don Tomas
11-05-2004, 09:54 AM
ill make sure to have these three songs on repeat while blasting them in the jeepeta in about 2 weeks

Remember Jimmy has already posted, if you get thrown in Jail don't call him! :lol:

But if you got busted for that (not other shit) you could call me...so I could come to the jail and laugh! Just kidding. :lol:

BrooklynBeas
11-05-2004, 09:56 AM
that might be when i ask you for a 3000 peso loan... but i dont think they would throw me in jail for that.,.i would just say i dont understand... and eventually they would let me go...

BrooklynBeas
11-05-2004, 09:56 AM
thanks for the info on the song... i think i have or know that song..

cremaconpalo
11-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Actually the article states that it is prohibited from being played on the radio or in the open! So basically cops could come bust D'Latinos for playing it. Sure they will never stop sales or internet downloads but they sure can bust you for playing it in the open.

So now, all the cops who don't know the song will have to learn it in order to recognize it when it is being played (in order to collect more bribe money). You just gotta' laugh at these stupid bastards! They just can't win for loosin' :lol:

BadGoodMan
03-19-2005, 12:14 PM
Sorry RE Gay Ton and Perreo is horrible music it is music for teenagers.

gdogg
03-19-2005, 12:26 PM
:roll:
Shut up, already... Damn!
(Prince..."HouseQuake", 1987)