PDA

View Full Version : flights

bmag
11-05-2004, 10:57 AM
I bought a ticket yesterday from Orbitz from JFK to POP for nov12th-19th for $268. 11am departure jfk and 5 pm departure pop ,good flights!!! All the travel websites (expedia,travelocity etc..)had similar deals (or did yesterday) I also posted this elsewhere so pardon the redundancy if you see it twice but it seemed important enough to duplicate. Check it out, im curious if the deals are still there

BrooklynBeas
11-05-2004, 11:17 AM
I bought a ticket yesterday from Orbitz from JFK to POP for nov12th-19th for $268. 11am departure jfk and 5 pm departure pop ,good flights!!! All the travel websites (expedia,travelocity etc..)had similar deals (or did yesterday) I also posted this elsewhere so pardon the redundancy if you see it twice but it seemed important enough to duplicate. Check it out, im curious if the deals are still there

Chances are... even though that is a good deal... that AA.com had the same fare for $5 cheaper... Orbitz usually charges $5 more then the airline... always check aa before booking through another site.

cremaconpalo
11-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Chances are... even though that is a good deal... that AA.com had the same fare for $5 cheaper... Orbitz usually charges $5 more then the airline... always check aa before booking through another site.

That's always been my experience as well.

bmag
11-05-2004, 02:02 PM
i actually did that first. and i blew it by not buying from american direct the day before because they had it for $253 but oh well. I went back the next day and their fare went up by $100 so i went to orbitz. just checked american today and they are still $350 ish

BrooklynBeas
11-05-2004, 02:24 PM
i actually did that first. and i blew it by not buying from american direct the day before because they had it for $253 but oh well. I went back the next day and their fare went up by $100 so i went to orbitz. just checked american today and they are still $350 ish

Beas paid $360.90 from Nov 19-27th... this was purchased about 2 months ago for this rate.... it went up to around $650 a few days ago... then dropped the next day to $450.... I dont know what it is currently but Thanksgiving week is usually more so i think i got a good deal...