PDA

View Full Version : NewsWhore

SJG
05-26-2006, 11:01 AM
Is there anyway we can exclude NewsWhore posts from the New Posts search, or at least make NewsWhore an non-admin/non-moderator account so I can ignore posts from that account? NewsWhore keeps flooding the board with new posts, pushing the posts I really want to read from my fellow mongers down or mixing them in the middle where it is difficult to see them. Thanks.

guttaman
05-26-2006, 11:06 AM
On tool bar. Go to User CP. Go to edit options and scroll to bottom of page. There you can exclude what ever you want from new post option.

SJG
05-26-2006, 11:40 AM
On tool bar. Go to User CP. Go to edit options and scroll to bottom of page. There you can exclude what ever you want from new post option.

Thanks! Worked great.

guttaman
05-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Sorry, when looking what to exclude highlight news feeds from other sites down to world news.

LM
05-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Is there anyway we can exclude NewsWhore posts from the New Posts search, or at least make NewsWhore an non-admin/non-moderator account so I can ignore posts from that account? NewsWhore keeps flooding the board with new posts, pushing the posts I really want to read from my fellow mongers down or mixing them in the middle where it is difficult to see them. Thanks.

In 40 days Newswhore has been available, it has made 5403 posts or 135 posts a day....I can see how some peoples "New Posts" can be overwhelmed.....