PDA

View Full Version : The food prices............

Jimmydr
11-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Its a joke, now a meal in a restaurant is about $15-20 a person, for crappy food. Do they want us to stay home or what. Breakfast at Rockies is $3.68 roughly. Massages are $14.04 at M & M, still not that bad. Motos are 20 pesos at night which is $ .70 which is okay for now. Beer is 50-80 pesos or $1.75 - $2.81 :(

Jimmydr
11-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Jimmy:

How much is Ham or Turkey by the pound?
If I recall a LB of the best Ham is like 200 pesos.
Still cheaper than paying $10 for a PJ's saw dust burger!
I will just eat sandwhichs in my room for every meal and those great BBQ'd chickens roadside.

Ham sandwiches are cheap, I eat alot of sandwiches there myself.

BrooklynBeas
11-08-2004, 02:22 PM
you cheap bastards... your on vacation ... spend it on yourself!!!....im just playin guys... i understand where ya coming from, but i would be damned if im gonna eat a ham sandwich while on vacation in DR... i would rather spend 80 or 100 pesos for a chicken dinner up the road... as for Maura Mai they will never get my business as long as they charge those crazy prices... as for La Roca i will continue to go there as long as i can get my members only menu and as long as my future wife Marta works there... as for Bologna... i go there with my boy and two chicas... they both order some food and the fucking sunuvabitch waitress says and i quote " what kind of wine would you girls like to drink" now they didnt fuckin ask for wine but the waitress suggested it... i never told you guys this but any fuckin whore ass waitress that tries to get my money like that will no longer get my service... her tip was affected by this...

P.S. she said that line in spanish but luckily my friend and I are skilled enough to understand what she said....

P.S. 2 ... I normally make up the rule with my boys that we will not take any whores to eat and only fuck them and leave them... but it seems to never work out like that.... I dont buy drinks for girls in clubs here so why should i be buying a whore dinner... what are your thoughts???

Don Tomas
11-08-2004, 02:28 PM
P.S. 2 ... I normally make up the rule with my boys that we will not take any whores to eat and only fuck them and leave them... but it seems to never work out like that.... I dont buy drinks for girls in clubs here so why should i be buying a whore dinner... what are your thoughts???

I usually travel alone and have been known to take a whore to dinner just to have company.

Reel Deal
11-08-2004, 02:29 PM

I usually travel alone and have been known to take a whore to dinner just to have company. :shock:

:evil:

I am NOT a puta...

BrooklynBeas
11-08-2004, 02:33 PM
lmao... DOn you went to dinner with RD and travel with him... doesnt he count as something damn you!

Don Tomas
11-08-2004, 02:33 PM

I usually travel alone and have been known to take a whore to dinner just to have company. :shock:

:evil:

I am NOT a puta...

I was referring to previous trips "I usually travel alone..."

As for your statement, sorry I cannot confirm or deny! :shock:

Jimmydr
11-08-2004, 02:36 PM
lmao... DOn you went to dinner with RD and travel with him... doesnt he count as something damn you!

He is just a pilot slut to Don.

BrooklynBeas
11-08-2004, 02:40 PM
please change RD's title to Pilot Slut

knotty
11-08-2004, 02:42 PM
you cheap bastards... your on vacation ... spend it on yourself!!!....im just playin guys... i understand where ya coming from, but i would be damned if im gonna eat a ham sandwich while on vacation in DR... i would rather spend 80 or 100 pesos for a chicken dinner up the road... as for Maura Mai they will never get my business as long as they charge those crazy prices... as for La Roca i will continue to go there as long as i can get my members only menu and as long as my future wife Marta works there... as for Bologna... i go there with my boy and two chicas... they both order some food and the fucking sunuvabitch waitress says and i quote " what kind of wine would you girls like to drink" now they didnt fuckin ask for wine but the waitress suggested it... i never told you guys this but any fuckin whore ass waitress that tries to get my money like that will no longer get my service... her tip was affected by this...

P.S. she said that line in spanish but luckily my friend and I are skilled enough to understand what she said....

Hey, I agree with you on this. A couple of chicas tried to get me to take them to eat. I pointed to the fridge and told them there's some leftover chicken in there. I personally choose not to feed them. I may do it once in awhile, but I'm not trying to feed them all the time.

Reel Deal
11-08-2004, 02:42 PM
:shock:

I feel so.....used.....

<searching for cry smilie...>

:lol:

BrooklynBeas
11-08-2004, 02:44 PM
:cry:

above would be RD after his being taken advantage of by Don Juan Tomas

Reel Deal
11-08-2004, 02:46 PM
I've fed a few chicas because I wanted to-it pleases me, and I'm selfish that way. I enjoy the banter over dinner, trying to communicate with them.

Guys, it's only money. Spend it any way you want. You're on vacation, after all...

<BTW-my "salami" must have preservaties, too. It's been around for more decades than I choose to remember... :lol: :lol: :lol: >

BrooklynBeas
11-08-2004, 02:53 PM
I've fed a few chicas because I wanted to-it pleases me, and I'm selfish that way. I enjoy the banter over dinner, trying to communicate with them.

Guys, it's only money. Spend it any way you want. You're on vacation, after all...

<BTW-my "salami" must have preservaties, too. It's been around for more decades than I choose to remember... :lol: :lol: :lol: >

I normally do the same RD... but it is started to cost some serious wasted dough.... for instance i went out with my buddy and 2 girls to PJ's late night one night... me and my friend get the speghetti bologanese... (meat sauce) and that shit is like less then 200 pesos each.... these girls get shrimps with platinos and a glass of wine each... our bill came to around 2200 pesos.... 1100 pesos each.... thats just not right to pay $35 bucks and you didnt even pay the whore yet... for the record this was one of my notaputas but fuck that i say go to a chicken stand and tell her you rather eat in your room and talk to her in private and listen to music with the A/C on...

Jimmydr
11-08-2004, 02:54 PM

I normally do the same RD... but it is started to cost some serious wasted dough.... for instance i went out with my buddy and 2 girls to PJ's late night one night... me and my friend get the speghetti bologanese... (meat sauce) and that shit is like less then 200 pesos each.... these girls get shrimps with platinos and a glass of wine each... our bill came to around 2200 pesos.... 1100 pesos each.... thats just not right to pay $35 bucks and you didnt even pay the whore yet... for the record this was one of my notaputas but fuck that i say go to a chicken stand and tell her you rather eat in your room and talk to her in private and listen to music with the A/C on...

I totally agree.

BrooklynBeas
11-08-2004, 02:58 PM
thanks for your support Jimbo... I need to start being cheap like you jimmy... and i mean that in a good way!

Jimmydr
11-08-2004, 03:06 PM
thanks for your support Jimbo... I need to start being cheap like you jimmy... and i mean that in a good way!

I will be retired by 50 and you will still be working at 70. I know what you mean.

Don Tomas
11-08-2004, 03:19 PM

above would be RD after his being taken advantage of by Don Juan Tomas

Hey I give very good reach arounds!

D_W_
11-08-2004, 03:47 PM
The problem is that we should stabilize prices when the dollar goes up. That way we give ourselves some wiggle room during price flucuations.

Reel Deal
11-08-2004, 03:57 PM

above would be RD after his being taken advantage of by Don Juan Tomas :twisted:

DT will keep his reacharounds to himself, if he knows what's good for him.

(I have pictures... :twisted:...not that I would resort to extortion or anything... )

BTW-the RD/DT October trip was a hoot...

Jimmydr
11-08-2004, 03:59 PM
The problem is that we should stabilize prices when the dollar goes up. That way we give ourselves some wiggle room during price flucuations.

How?

Don Tomas
11-08-2004, 04:19 PM

above would be RD after his being taken advantage of by Don Juan Tomas :twisted:

(I have pictures... :twisted:...not that I would resort to extortion or anything... )

I find the picture of me and Daisy together (which you posted) far more embarrassing then one of me sleeping in your plane!

Reel Deal
11-08-2004, 04:24 PM

I find the picture of me and Daisy together (which you posted) far more embarrassing then one of me sleeping in your plane!Yeah, but I cut you out of that picture...what are friends for?????

BrooklynBeas
11-08-2004, 04:26 PM
i would like to see all pics you may have of DT.... as long as it doesnt include his studel!

Don Tomas
11-08-2004, 04:37 PM
i would like to see all pics you may have of DT.... as long as it doesnt include his studel!

It's spelt Strudel but I guess you had a Freudian Slip and called it STUDel. :D

BrooklynBeas
11-08-2004, 04:40 PM

Whatever buddy... u and i both know you are no stud!

Don Tomas
11-08-2004, 04:42 PM

Whatever buddy... u and i both know you are no stud!

Unless you claim you were peeking in my window keep your opinions to yourself. Falling asleep on two chicas after flying all day does not define my life!

BrooklynBeas
11-08-2004, 04:47 PM
OK playa stud... if that makes you feel better... i dont want to see no crying... especially you quit smoking so i will leave you alone

D_W_
11-08-2004, 04:48 PM
How? When the dollar goes up I feel most mongers just go with flow and pay the higher price...you know gringo millionaire. I think we need to control ourselves because those high exchanges usually don't sustain themselves, but chica prices seem to stick.

Reel Deal
11-08-2004, 04:49 PM

Whatever buddy... u and i both know you are no stud!I dunno about that. The man amazed me with his stamina, seeing he went 9 days non-stop living off of the major monger food groups: Presidente, Gatorade, and Cigarettes.

The chicks werer all fucking over the guy wherever we went...

I live a vicarious former life through DT... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jimmydr
11-08-2004, 04:51 PM
How? When the dollar goes up I feel most mongers just go with flow and pay the higher price...you know gringo millionaire. I think we need to control ourselves because those high exchanges usually don't sustain themselves, but chica prices seem to stick.

Trust me buddy, I was back down to offering 300-500 pesos again. :D

BrooklynBeas
11-08-2004, 04:51 PM
i only have one quote to answer that....

"i ate your pussy... you should be paying me!"

RD... you didnt spend enough time with me to find out the true mafioso tigeroso

Reel Deal
11-08-2004, 04:57 PM

RD... you didnt spend enough time with me to find out the true mafioso tigerosoWell that one line you use...about the stars or something :roll: ...was enough to convince me of your studliness...

ROFLMFAO!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wanna tattoo that line to the inside of my eyelids so I can read it to the chicas!!!! What classic BS!!!! :lol: :lol:

continentalmike
11-08-2004, 05:36 PM
Guys, sorry to burst your bubble but if you take a chica to dinner in a fancy restaurant and she orders a big expensive meal and you pay for it, she can come back later and either get her comission or another meal for free.. you've been suckered again..

I also usually travel alone and usually eat alone as well.. this serves two purposes:

1) I have some time for myself to get my game plan together and it serves as a break-off point for company
2) It doesn't bring me in the mood to buy expensive food, so automatically I save money

On occasion I take a fine chica for dinner or breakfast.. its alos a test to see how she behaves..

Don Tomas
11-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Guys, sorry to burst your bubble but if you take a chica to dinner in a fancy restaurant and she orders a big expensive meal and you pay for it, she can come back later and either get her comission or another meal for free.. you've been suckered again..

I also usually travel alone and usually eat alone as well.. this serves two purposes:

1) I have some time for myself to get my game plan together and it serves as a break-off point for company
2) It doesn't bring me in the mood to buy expensive food, so automatically I save money

On occasion I take a fine chica for dinner or breakfast.. its alos a test to see how she behaves..

If I feed a chica it's usually in Los Charamicos. I never bring one to the tourist places.

Don Tomas
11-08-2004, 05:43 PM

RD... you didnt spend enough time with me to find out the true mafioso tigeroso

RD Just remember another quote from my trip report...

I tell them all I am not a gringo and that I am tigre blanco that lives in Santiago. You all know the line, well while BB was in Sosua telling the line to chicas I was living it in Santiago. :twisted:

RearWindow
11-08-2004, 08:07 PM
[quote=Reel Deal]I've fed a few chicas because I wanted to-it pleases me, and I'm selfish that way. I enjoy the banter over dinner, trying to communicate with them.

>

[.. these girls get shrimps with platinos and a glass of wine each quote]
Man, the classic puta dinner. ALWAYS shrimp. I also took my girls out to dinner, but no more. They don't appreciate it, and would be just as happy to get stir fried rice , as food is just food to them, not an experience.

gdogg
11-09-2004, 08:26 AM

Do all of the restaurants do this, or is it certain ones? Sosua or all over?
:?:

Jimmydr
11-09-2004, 08:28 AM

Its probably done all over.

continentalmike
11-09-2004, 08:35 AM

Its probably done all over.

Guys,

Don't tell me you didn't know this?

gdogg
11-09-2004, 09:11 AM
I didn't, but I'm just in my sophomore season!
:roll:

psriches
11-10-2004, 12:55 PM
I didn't, but I'm just in my sophomore season!
:roll:Honestly, i didn't know either.... wow!!

BrooklynBeas
11-10-2004, 02:12 PM
i know there are gringos getting fucked everywhere in Sosua... usually when u tell them you dont wanna pay the gringo price is the time that they actually charge you the gringo price... do you think the kids on the beach that go buy you a plate of food for 200 pesos actually pays 200 pesos for that plate... no they dont they pay 80 pesos... when you tip them that is not all they get... im sure there restaurants take care of the whores that order a lot of expensive shit... i dont trust anyone in DR!!!

only Jimmy (sometimes)

JDR
11-10-2004, 02:43 PM
i know there are gringos getting fucked everywhere in Sosua... usually when u tell them you dont wanna pay the gringo price is the time that they actually charge you the gringo price... do you think the kids on the beach that go buy you a plate of food for 200 pesos actually pays 200 pesos for that plate... no they dont they pay 80 pesos... when you tip them that is not all they get... im sure there restaurants take care of the whores that order a lot of expensive shit... i dont trust anyone in DR!!!

only Jimmy (sometimes)

Well now, there are many of us and we can determine prices I guess. Lets pick some restaurants and lay down the prices we will pay. No dinner is worth $10!

BrooklynBeas
11-10-2004, 02:54 PM
I believe Jimmy was asking for a 300 peso donation for thanksgiving dinner.... Do you want to take back that observation that no dinner is worth $10... aka 300 pesos? haha

I think a dinner is worth it if you include the 22 % tax and if we are eating steak or shrimp... i remember the days (a few months ago) when i could get shrimp steak or whatever for $6!!!

Jimmydr
11-10-2004, 02:57 PM
I believe Jimmy was asking for a 300 peso donation for thanksgiving dinner.... Do you want to take back that observation that no dinner is worth $10... aka 300 pesos? haha

I think a dinner is worth it if you include the 22 % tax and if we are eating steak or shrimp... i remember the days (a few months ago) when i could get shrimp steak or whatever for $6!!!

Lets see Mr Cheapo, I will have Turkey, Baked Ziti, Rice with shrimp, Garlic Bread, Choc Chip Cookies, just to name some of the items. This isn't wort $10?

jd_mine
11-10-2004, 02:57 PM
God, when the peso hit 60 to the euro, I could eat at La Roca for under 2 euros (VIP menu)!!
Now I can hardly afford my next 3 week holiday there.........

BrooklynBeas
11-10-2004, 03:03 PM

Lets see Mr Cheapo, I will have Turkey, Baked Ziti, Rice with shrimp, Garlic Bread, Choc Chip Cookies, just to name some of the items. This isn't wort $10?

Now your starting to hurt my feelings... your the one that said $10 isnt worth any meal! i think its worth it... and i think if you go out to a restaurant and eat shrimps and steak in the DR then its worth $10... calmate papi... but just like JD i used to pay 2 bucks or 3 at the most for a dinner at La Roca....

knotty
11-10-2004, 03:04 PM

Sounds like a nice Italian Thanksgiving. Are you Italian Jimmy? My friend's mother be cooking up a storm when comes to the holidays. Plenty of seafood and pasta.

Jimmydr
11-10-2004, 03:08 PM
A shrimp dinner at Mora Mai is about $40 these days.

psriches
11-10-2004, 03:41 PM

Lets see Mr Cheapo, I will have Turkey, Baked Ziti, Rice with shrimp, Garlic Bread, Choc Chip Cookies, just to name some of the items. This isn't wort $10?Sounds good to me.. better value than that $3 chicken dinner i get up the road from the Palace.

BrooklynBeas
11-10-2004, 03:46 PM

Sounds like a nice Italian Thanksgiving. Are you Italian Jimmy? My friend's mother be cooking up a storm when comes to the holidays. Plenty of seafood and pasta.

Jimmy is a Jew and so am I and a lot of the dirty whoremongers that come here and the DR... my bottom half is dominican though

JDR
11-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Where can you get a good Corned Beef and Pastrami in DR?
Should we open a Stage Deli?

Santiago or Santo Domingo. There is a German Butcher that has Roast Beef in town.

BrooklynBeas
11-10-2004, 04:30 PM
my first trip back in Dec 02 was to SDQ and i really didnt see much other then vaginas... but now that i have travelled... if you go to STI and La Vega you will see some good meat in those supermarkets...

Im now getting sick thinkin about the kid that had a slab of meat on a cardboard box with flies flying around it trying to sell it by piece on the streets of Sosua... blahhh

psriches
11-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Where can you get a good Corned Beef and Pastrami in DR?
Should we open a Stage Deli?

Santiago or Santo Domingo. There is a German Butcher that has Roast Beef in town.How did I know that he would have the answer... lol :wink:

gdogg
11-10-2004, 09:36 PM

Great menu! Will there be a similar one for New Year's Eve? (Crossing fingers)

JDR
11-11-2004, 08:00 AM

Great menu! Will there be a similar one for New Year's Eve? (Crossing fingers)

I plan on teaching my girl more dishes and everytime I am in town, I will of course be eating there. Friends that come bearing gifts (Booze) become friends of my girl instantly.

BrooklynBeas
11-11-2004, 08:02 AM
this is true and i have brought her booze on plenty of occasions when Jimmy was not in town... we have had very friendly times after that! :D :twisted:

Just kiddin Jim :D

JDR
11-11-2004, 08:03 AM
this is true and i have brought her booze on plenty of occasions when Jimmy was not in town... we have had very friendly times after that! :D :twisted:

Yea right, you and WSJ3 take pictures of every girl you guys ever do, no pictures you both then pass. PICTURES!

BrooklynBeas
11-11-2004, 08:17 AM

Yea right, you and WSJ3 take pictures of every girl you guys ever do, no pictures you both then pass. PICTURES!

Calmate papi... i wouldnt do your girl... i have too much respect for you... :roll: :wink:

JDR
11-11-2004, 08:18 AM

Calmate papi... i wouldnt do your girl... i have too much respect for you... :roll: :wink:

No you don't, you know I would bill you for half her living expenses. :D

BrooklynBeas
11-11-2004, 08:23 AM
Tio Beas will do for now buddy!

WSJ3
11-11-2004, 11:53 AM

Uncle Pink Pussycat...you would do her...tell the truth.

BrooklynBeas
11-11-2004, 12:21 PM

If i didnt know Jimmy then maybe but not that i know she is his girl... thats the truth

JDR
11-11-2004, 12:22 PM

If i didnt know Jimmy then maybe but not that i know she is his girl... thats the truth

Say it ain't so man, she is 27 years old now and too old for most of you! :D

BrooklynBeas
11-11-2004, 12:23 PM
I fucked a 31 yr old in DR 2 trips ago... she was one of my 3some chicas...

WSJ3
11-11-2004, 12:44 PM
I fucked a 31 yr old in DR 2 trips ago... she was one of my 3some chicas...

How did the 31 year old look BB?

WSJ3
11-11-2004, 02:06 PM
Ouch...

Don Tomas
11-11-2004, 03:02 PM
I plan on teaching my girl more dishes and everytime I am in town, I will of course be eating there. Friends that come bearing gifts (Booze) become friends of my girl instantly.

What does she drink again?

JDR
11-11-2004, 03:45 PM

What does she drink again?

Whisky :D

WSJ3
11-11-2004, 04:13 PM
Vodka martini

Shaken not stirred.

BrooklynBeas
11-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Was she an an A.I.L.F.?

hint......the first word is ABUELA!

the 31 yr old looked great in the club...maybe about 22 yrs old... after the session i had with her and her friend when i used my trojan extended pleasure condoms they both looked older then me... hehe... funny story that i may have told... the next day i see this girl in the club and she looks exactly like the 31 yr old... i start talkin to her... like last night was fun... lets do it again... she is like what the fuck are you talkin about... im not a puta... i said yeah i know and you dont remember me from last night... she totally denies it... i say fuck this... ill be right back... i takea round trip moto to the palace ... pick up my digital camera... come back and show her the pics... she says a dios miooooooooo mi madre!!!!!... holy shit is something that i said... i tried to pick up her 16 yr old daughter... she looked exactly the same in the club... Next day on the beach i see my happy hour couple and the daughter sitting having a drink and i felt like a dick even more... oh well.. they reall look the same....

Macky
11-12-2004, 08:29 AM
BB

At least you remembered what she looked like. On one of my trips to Boca I decided to just have fun, no novias, and was going through a different chica every night (I know, not a big deal, but for me it was, I usually didn't do that back then). So anyway after several nights of this I was realizing that I needed to start writing these chica's names down because I was seeing them around Duarte all the time but couldn't remember the names. Then I realized it was worse than that. When one night I was walking down Duarte and a chica said hello. Had no idea who it was. She says you don't remember me. I say do I know you? She gets a pouty look. I say goodbye nicely and wander down the street. Then I remember her, I was with her once but when? Finally it dawns on me. It was last night. I thought shit I gotta slow down this is ridiculous. I didn't.

BrooklynBeas
11-12-2004, 08:45 AM
BB

At least you remembered what she looked like. On one of my trips to Boca I decided to just have fun, no novias, and was going through a different chica every night (I know, not a big deal, but for me it was, I usually didn't do that back then). So anyway after several nights of this I was realizing that I needed to start writing these chica's names down because I was seeing them around Duarte all the time but couldn't remember the names. Then I realized it was worse than that. When one night I was walking down Duarte and a chica said hello. Had no idea who it was. She says you don't remember me. I say do I know you? She gets a pouty look. I say goodbye nicely and wander down the street. Then I remember her, I was with her once but when? Finally it dawns on me. It was last night. I thought shit I gotta slow down this is ridiculous. I didn't.

If you dont remember the girl from last night then you have problems my friend... If you dont remember the girls name... something like Bonita will do just fine... or chica linda....

jd_mine
11-12-2004, 10:53 AM
For some reason I can never remember the names of the girls I pick up in the disco for one nighters.
If I meet them somewhere else like the beach I'm fine, but the clubs....forget it.

WSJ3
11-12-2004, 11:07 AM
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Just say mi amor to everyone and call it a night.

LOL.

Macky
11-12-2004, 06:47 PM
BB

Well I went back later and saw her and spoke to her for a minute, and I forgive myself for not remembering her, I stood there looking at her face and she was different somehow, a lot more make-up for one thing. I think she changed her hair-do. I recognized her eventually but she had changed something that day for sure. I am generally very good with faces. Actually I think she had changed her damn hair color. Anyway I didn't tell the story thinking it was something as serious as a heart attack.

BrooklynBeas
11-15-2004, 08:52 AM
BB

Well I went back later and saw her and spoke to her for a minute, and I forgive myself for not remembering her, I stood there looking at her face and she was different somehow, a lot more make-up for one thing. I think she changed her hair-do. I recognized her eventually but she had changed something that day for sure. I am generally very good with faces. Actually I think she had changed her damn hair color. Anyway I didn't tell the story thinking it was something as serious as a heart attack.

You must have paid her too much... cause thanks to your going away present... she was able to change her look so much that you didnt recognize her...

Macky
11-15-2004, 07:12 PM
I believe I was indeed overpaying a wee bit on that trip. I was giving chicas 1000 and the peso was about 36 back then, that was before it went to 50. I saw her around the next night without the make-up and was suprised that I hadn't recognized her the night before, but I think the hair was totally different, lighter and teased out. I forgave myself for the episode, I remember it quite well, I actually only glanced at her a few times during the short conversation because I was spending more time furtively looking around and past her to see if another chica was in there, a woman of about 45 with gigantic breasts who I had tit fucked for over an hour a few nights before, and had gotten too friendly with. That is I saw her around and at different times bought her a meal or some drinks, and after that she would stalk me, follow me from bar to bar, follow me into and out of Cosmo's, it was turning into a nightmare. Naturally no other chica would talk to me with her stuck to me like superglue. One night I came back to my hotel and she was waiting in the lobby, she was falling down drunk, the fucking guard who was so picky otherwise had let her in, she was bugging the crap out of me. That's when I learned not to be too generous to short timers, they might see "walking ATM" tatooed across your forehead.

Anyway, Superglue hung out at that bar a lot and I was really wanting to pass by and get the hell away from there. By the way that is the bar across from Cosmo's and it's normally a good place to hang, the drinks and food were cheap (last year) and they had a jukebox that had a ton of selections on it so it was possible to hear a lot of varied music rather than the usual 5 or so damn tunes that most places play over and over endlessly.

Also by the way, in print, the story sound like bitching, but actually when I tell guys the story in person I tell it with humor. My funniest stories are the newbie mistakes stories. I cherish them.

nuhomet
12-01-2004, 11:30 AM
From DR1:

Living without plantains
Plantains sold in city markets could soon cost as much as RD$10 each, given the anticipated scarcity of the popular staple food. Local plantations have been affected by the Sigatoka disease and the winds of Tropical Storm Jeanne.

My wife would die of starvation if she couldn't get her plantains. The first time I cooked her a spaghetti dinner she fried up some plantians and ate them with the spaghetti.

BrooklynBeas
12-01-2004, 01:18 PM
From DR1:

Living without plantains
Plantains sold in city markets could soon cost as much as RD$10 each, given the anticipated scarcity of the popular staple food. Local plantations have been affected by the Sigatoka disease and the winds of Tropical Storm Jeanne.

My wife would die of starvation if she couldn't get her plantains. The first time I cooked her a spaghetti dinner she fried up some plantians and ate them with the spaghetti.

i dont think paying .35 cents for a platino will set me back too bad... now they need to lower the price of presidentes in clubs cause $3 each is a lil out of hand!

Don Tomas
12-01-2004, 05:55 PM
i dont think paying .35 cents for a platino will set me back too bad... now they need to lower the price of presidentes in clubs cause $3 each is a lil out of hand!

Grandes were 70 pesos in my club! :D

ilikenyacional
12-01-2004, 06:04 PM
What is the name and location of this club ?

BrooklynBeas
12-02-2004, 07:50 AM

Grandes were 70 pesos in my club! :D

In La Vega i was paying the same for Grandes at bars... In Sosua where are you fuckin tourists go is where the prices are crazy !!! hehe notice i called all you guys tourists :D

Don Tomas
12-02-2004, 10:13 AM
In Sosua where are you fuckin tourists go is where the prices are crazy !!! hehe notice i called all you guys tourists :D

Hey BB, I forget where did you stay during your trip last week? Sosua wasn't it at the Palace? :shock:

Sounds like you should be more careful throwing stones from the steps of your glass house! :lol:

TOURIST

BrooklynBeas
12-02-2004, 01:04 PM
In Sosua where are you fuckin tourists go is where the prices are crazy !!! hehe notice i called all you guys tourists :D

Hey BB, I forget where did you stay during your trip last week? Sosua wasn't it at the Palace? :shock:

Sounds like you should be more careful throwing stones from the steps of your glass house! :lol:

TOURIST

i kinda meant all of us... i didnt really point it at you... calmate chico before i tell kiki to spill some more of his guts... DT, RD you guys coming to CTG with me in March or what?

Beas is sick of Sosua and bored with DR

Reel Deal
12-02-2004, 01:14 PM

TOURIST

i kinda meant all of us... i didnt really point it at you... calmate chico before i tell kiki to spill some more of his guts... DT, RD you guys coming to CTG with me in March or what?

Beas is sick of Sosua and bored with DRBeas...you need to hgang with DT and me. There is a TON more to the DR than the North Coast, and it's well-used scamming whores. The chicas can be taken for granted. There is a great country to explore, and some really wonderful people to meet-just not much on the North Coast...