PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast suggestions in Sosua

snoozer
12-09-2008, 08:37 AM
I usually go to eat breakfast at the Brittania, before 10 am they have a 125 peso special of 2 pancakes, 2 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon with a cup of coffee. Not bad for less than $ 3.

I was just wondering if anyone else had found similar deals elsewhere in Sosua. I know Rockys does and La roca.

Beads
12-09-2008, 10:11 AM
In the past I would say the Waterfront hands down but have heard they are not open for breakfast anymore? Can anyone verify this? If not theres Rockys or La Roca (local menu). Those are my 2 favorites anyhow.

snoozer
12-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Just got back from Morai Mai. The omelette was good, bacon was reasy and stone cold. Bread was a fresh hamburger bun. Coffee looked promising but tasted terrible. The best part was a piece of dominican cinnamon bread, very tasty.

All for 250 pesos with tip. Nice and quiet compared to other options.

Will not repeat.

vagabond
12-09-2008, 10:59 PM
I think La Costera (the old Hamburger Paradise) have very good breakfast.

snoozer
12-10-2008, 08:14 AM
I think La Costera (the old Hamburger Paradise) have very good breakfast.

Tried that last May, it was OK. German style breakfast, find the place too hot though, it is a sun trap

cainer
12-10-2008, 05:01 PM
I usually go to eat breakfast at the Brittania, before 10 am they have a 125 peso special of 2 pancakes, 2 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon with a cup of coffee. Not bad for less than $ 3.

I was just wondering if anyone else had found similar deals elsewhere in Sosua. I know Rockys does and La roca.

Snoozer, have u tried baileys? I didnt have breakfast there but, its only a hop skip and a jump from the Seebreeze hotel and i did try to order the breakfast, but, they stop serving it at 12:30. I enjoyed sitting in there as u got a nice breeze.

If there breakfest is as good as that clubhouse sandwich that i ate, then u cant beat it. The prices seemed reasonable to me. And i am a cheap bastard:)

vagabond
12-10-2008, 06:39 PM
I think the breakfast at Baileys is ok, but not realy good. The bacon and potatoes is kind of premade. The advantage is that it comes out fast, not the waiting time you have at Rockys.

cainer
12-10-2008, 08:42 PM
I think the breakfast at Baileys is ok, but not realy good. The bacon and potatoes is kind of premade. The advantage is that it comes out fast, not the waiting time you have at Rockys.

IN all honesty, how can u screw up an american style breakfast. It cant be that tough to cook bacon, scramble up two eggs, and put 2 slices of toast into a toaster. Throw in a few fresh fruits and a cup of java and wala.

snoozer
12-11-2008, 12:03 AM
IN all honesty, how can u screw up an american style breakfast. It cant be that tough to cook bacon, scramble up two eggs, and put 2 slices of toast into a toaster. Throw in a few fresh fruits and a cup of java and wala.
Trust me they can and do screw up american style breakfasts all over town.

I used to have breakfast at Baileys quite often last year but I tried it last week and it was dripping with grease. I do stop there for cafe con leche if I am skipping breakfast. They have the best coffee in town IMHO.

I had breakfast at Pedros today, and was pleasantly surprised. I had the american with french toast, there was so much food that I could not finish it. The bacon was very good although I did ask for ham!! They were quite busy and a little understaffed so my food did sit to cool off nicely before they brought it to me. All for 175 pesos including tip.

Man gone Nuts
12-11-2008, 12:45 AM
Is breakfast at rocky's slow? :confused:

My last 2 trips I found that it came really fast, like often under 10 minutes and always under 15.

I thought that this was still happening. Has anyone eaten breakfast there recently?

I think the breakfast at Baileys is ok, but not realy good. The bacon and potatoes is kind of premade. The advantage is that it comes out fast, not the waiting time you have at Rockys.I also ate at Pedro's and enjoyed it. Baily's was also decent as was the Britannia although the menu was limited and a little strange, at least to me.

Too bad about the Waterfront. It was an excellent place for breakfast.

jimrock187
12-11-2008, 07:57 AM
what I noticed about breakfast in DR is, the bread is very hard not that soft... its not as fluffy as the bread we have in the states.

snoozer
12-11-2008, 09:26 AM
This is the problem with giving a recommendation, yesterday I said Pedros was good.

Here I am waiting for my food for over half an hour now, when I asked the chica said those 4 people ordered before you. Cannot understand how you can own a restaurant and only be able cook 4 meals at a time. Of course the owners are not here to keep and eye on things. My food just arrived .... rant off!!!!!!

Rant back on!!!... food arrived stone cold and am now waiting another 10 minutes for hot eggs.

davemaryland
12-12-2008, 10:15 AM
[quote=northcoastDR;536969]Is breakfast at rocky's slow? :confused:

My last 2 trips I found that it came really fast, like often under 10 minutes and always under 15.

I thought that this was still happening. Has anyone eaten breakfast there recently?

My breakfast was petty quick there in November. But when your chica orders fried chicken and fries at 10 am. It will take a long time, just like dinner.

Cheeno
12-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Breakfast I had at Rocky's with unlimited coffee for 105 pesos. :smile:
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/58114943ece62565c.jpg

vagabond
12-13-2008, 07:16 PM
[quote=northcoastDR;536969]Is breakfast at rocky's slow? :confused:

My breakfast was petty quick there in November. But when your chica orders fried chicken and fries at 10 am. It will take a long time, just like dinner.

I waited 45 minutes for eggs and bacon there once. Never bothered to try the place again.

Cheeno
12-13-2008, 07:45 PM
[quote=davemaryland;537305]

I waited 45 minutes for eggs and bacon there once. Never bothered to try the place again.

I agree with you--it does take time for the food to be prepared.

But I wait by browsing the internet (at his restaurant), chat with other members, or chill outside and see if there is a pretty chica walking by. :mrgreen: