PDA

View Full Version : Casa Valeria restaurant

snoozer
12-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Even though it has been open for a couple of years I have never gone to this place.

Last night I took my novia there and was very impressed. The atmosphere was quiet and romantic, service was very proffesional and the shrimps in garlic and white wine sauce were some of the best I have ever had. It is a bit pricey but for a convenient place to go for a special meal you will not find better in Sosua.

The only negative was that a lot of the items on the menu were not available, I can understand this as it is a small restaurant and there are not a lot of people around so it hard to keep stocked on fresh supplies. In the future it wil not matter as I know the camarones are good.

Tiger
12-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Even though it has been open for a couple of years I have never gone to this place.

Last night I took my novia there and was very impressed. The atmosphere was quiet and romantic, service was very proffesional and the shrimps in garlic and white wine sauce were some of the best I have ever had. It is a bit pricey but for a convenient place to go for a special meal you will not find better in Sosua.

The only negative was that a lot of the items on the menu were not available, I can understand this as it is a small restaurant and there are not a lot of people around so it hard to keep stocked on fresh supplies. In the future it wil not matter as I know the camarones are good.

Sounds nice. Where is it?

snoozer
12-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Sounds nice. Where is it?

Sorry, it is next door to New Garden, turn towards Rockys.

Cman
12-09-2008, 02:35 PM
When I use the hotel I alwyas eat something there.Try the onion soup with queso it's off da hook! .The fish casarole is delicious also.there are 9 rooms,for the discreet traveler who like quiet places this is the place for you.At night if you don't go to the disco alot of chicas walk this well lit street.All you got to do is sit and snatch wha you like.

Flatulentfox
12-09-2008, 07:04 PM
I ate there once too. They didn't have the first few things I wanted (onion soup was first choice!). I ended up ordering the fish dominicana which was grilled fish rice and beans... and it was really good as well as one of the cheapest things on the menu.

Families with kids were eating there when I did so its probably not a good place to be a loud drunken dirt-bag though.

Young Hero
12-09-2008, 08:47 PM
I thought the menu prices were reseasonable. I believe I paid around 2000 pesos (dinner for two) which included a bottle of wine and desserts.

Are they open for breakfast? Now that the Waterfront's breakfast is gone I'm going to have to try another place in addition to Rocky's and the Brittania.

snoozer
12-09-2008, 09:57 PM
I thought the menu prices were reseasonable. I believe I paid around 2000 pesos (dinner for two) which included a bottle of wine and desserts.

Are they open for breakfast? Now that the Waterfront's breakfast is gone I'm going to have to try another place in addition to Rocky's and the Brittania.

They are open for breakfast but have not been there at that time.

cainer
12-09-2008, 11:06 PM
I believe its just called Valeria(drop the casa part) I walked by this place many of times, during my walks up to Pedro Clisante and its definetly a place as snoozer discribed, where u would take a serious chica to.

Fine dining for sure.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=35&pictureid=824

KoKi9290
12-09-2008, 11:25 PM
I've eaten there twice and although limited in selection, the food was very good. And the service was excellent. They post a set breakfast menu on the board outside and I can't recall how much but it wasn't as cheap as Rocky's or Britannia.

Tiger
12-10-2008, 08:25 AM

The Waterfront doesn't serve breakfast anymore?? What happened?

onetosix
12-25-2008, 03:31 PM
The Valeria resturant is exactly as described in the above posts. I have dined there multiple times with my chica for lunch and dinner(never breakfast) and never been disappointed. Ambiance, service, and quality of the food (including presentation) are very fine. I really like the "filete de pescado" or fish fillet...it is excellent and available for both lunch and dinner. The pricing is similar to many other resturants in the DR and Sosua in particular. It is more serene than most other Sosua resturants and has the feeling of a secluded and romantic place. Enjoy!!!!

jd_mine
12-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Valeria is Dutch owned hotel and restaurant. They have just started allowing you to take girls back there, although they have some strange rules. A friend of mine was staying there and while he was allowed to bring girls back, the girls were not allowed in the swimming pool. Strange.....

prtyr2
12-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Hey snoozer, good to meet you yesterday! Hope you had a safe trip back up north.

Jimmydr
12-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Valeria is Dutch owned hotel and restaurant. They have just started allowing you to take girls back there, although they have some strange rules. A friend of mine was staying there and while he was allowed to bring girls back, the girls were not allowed in the swimming pool. Strange.....

I looked at this place before I checked into the NG. They could have been sold out for 3 straight years now.:eek:

curiousdude
12-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Yes, snoozer AND prtyr2, good to meet you both. It was great to finally meet some ISOC guys on this trip. After reading your posts, I felt like I sort of knew you guys already. Especial thanks to you, prtyr2, for hanging out with me yesterday and showing me that cool place, whose name I still canīt remember.
Hey snoozer, good to meet you yesterday! Hope you had a safe trip back up north.

Juggles
01-01-2009, 02:30 AM
They are open for breakfast but have not been there at that time.

Breakfast at the Valeria is NOT very special. Normal fare, above normal prices.

Cman
01-01-2009, 09:24 AM
JD not exactly true for Valeria. The new owners have been there since early 2007.
I have been there since sept 2007.I remember seeing the european OG[old guy],
with this chubby chica in the pool......maybe she peed in it......I may be one of
the reason's why they revised their rules..I noticed the new ruling last july/august.
They are not dutch they are german said to me by A. the owner.

carolinajack
01-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm considering staying here for my next trip...trying to mix things up a bit, since my second trip was so much like the first...

...Sent an email to confirm dates for room, and CV requires a 50% deposit for the room via paypal...For anyone who has stayed there is this the norm?

I know the NG allows you to settle your bill once you check out. Long as you don't blow all on chicas and drinks, can't see why that's a problem.

MyTio
01-01-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm considering staying here for my next trip...trying to mix things up a bit, since my second trip was so much like the first...

...Sent an email to confirm dates for room, and CV requires a 50% deposit for the room via paypal...For anyone who has stayed there is this the norm?

I know the NG allows you to settle your bill once you check out. Long as you don't blow all on chicas and drinks, can't see why that's a problem. many of the hotel charge a deposit I do not thing you will have a issue .

carolinajack
01-01-2009, 04:33 PM
many of the hotel charge a deposit I do not thing you will have a issue .

Both times that I stayed at the NG...never asked for a deposit, settled entire bill at the end of the stay. It seems Wilfried affords everyone this courtesy. What's the practice SeaBreeze?

snoozer
01-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Both times that I stayed at the NG...never asked for a deposit, settled entire bill at the end of the stay. It seems Wilfried affords everyone this courtesy. What's the practice SeaBreeze?

Sea Breeze does not require a deposit.

I used to stay long term at Casa Valeria (before the new owners) and they never asked for a deposit but I can understand their position. They only have 9 rooms so if they have a couple of no shows it really hurts, and I know back when I was there they would have a lot of no shows.