PDA

View Full Version : Orchidee restaurant

snoozer
12-09-2008, 08:54 AM
This a very popular restaurant which is hard to find. This fact in itself tell you how good its reputation is. Mostly residents go there with in town guests. It is located on the third floor of the Orchidee Hotel which is 2 door to the left of Rockys.

Food is reasonably priced and they have a list of usually five items on their special menu in addition to regular menu items. The owner, Tilo, is very hands on, working in the kitchen, visiting at your table or working in the bar, very niceguy.

I have never had a bad meal here, the other night I had a german style mixed grill which was great. I often have the chicken cordon bleu, one of my favourites.

If you want a quiet meal, for a reasonable price with your favourite chica this is the place. I cannot do the chica thing anymore as my ex- novia works there!!!

Tiger
12-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Just to the right of Rockys is Pedros something. I think a couple Americans own it. Last Jan. there was a very breautiful chica working there. Didn't have time to work her and don't know if she was availble. Is the place still open and and are any the chicas working there available.

snoozer
12-09-2008, 09:25 AM
Just to the right of Rockys is Pedros something. I think a couple Americans own it. Last Jan. there was a very breautiful chica working there. Didn't have time to work her and don't know if she was availble. Is the place still open and and are any the chicas working there available.

The restaurant I am talking about is to the left of Rockys,towards New Garden,after the supermercado before Casa Valeria. Told you it was hard to find!!

Cuba Libre
12-09-2008, 11:05 AM
The restaurant I am talking about is to the left of Rockys,towards New Garden,after the supermercado before Casa Valeria. Told you it was hard to find!!Plus, it's set back from the street, and it's not at ground level.

snoozer
12-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Plus, it's set back from the street, and it's not at ground level.

That is partly what makes it good. You cannot hear the street noise up there.

Cuba Libre
12-09-2008, 02:41 PM
That is partly what makes it good. You cannot hear the street noise up there.Strangely, the street noise/activity is one of the things I like about the DR.

But I agree with your assesment of Orchidee. Great food, reasonable priced, good service, good ambiance. The only problem I have is that they often run out of items on the menu.

vagabond
12-09-2008, 10:56 PM
The pizza there is also very good.

cainer
12-10-2008, 02:36 AM

Are you talking about pedro mcmurpheys, or something like that? I thought it was an irish bar, and if this is the one you are referring to, then, yes it is open.

As for the chicas behind the bar, many of them will go out with you. U dont know until u ask.

snoozer
12-10-2008, 07:54 AM
Are you talking about pedro mcmurpheys, or something like that? I thought it was an irish bar, and if this is the one you are referring to, then, yes it is open.

As for the chicas behind the bar, many of them will go out with you. U dont know until u ask.

It was opened about a year ago by four guys who lived here. The chica I think you are talking about was living with one of the owners so, in this case, she probably was not available. As you said Cainer, no harm in asking, her boyfrind was not that a big of a guy!!

They sold the place to Garth and Bev, a Canadian couple from Edmonton.

Downtown
12-10-2008, 07:59 AM
When you guys give directions, why don't you use north, south, east or west? If you say left or right, the reader doesn't know if you're viewing from the outside or inside the point of reference.

Tiger
12-10-2008, 08:38 AM
It was opened about a year ago by four guys who lived here. The chica I think you are talking about was living with one of the owners so, in this case, she probably was not available. As you said Cainer, no harm in asking, her boyfrind was not that a big of a guy!!

I'm not either......but I wll have a couple big wingmen with me.

Tiger
12-10-2008, 08:41 AM

The food was pretty good last year. Lots of TVs. A good place to watch football. And a couple beautiful chicas waiting tables. Maybe one of the nicest that I saw the whole week.

snoozer
12-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Maybe I will start a thread about Pedro McMurphys and it will turn in to a thread about Orchidee!!!!

cainer
12-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Maybe I will start a thread about Pedro McMurphys and it will turn in to a thread about Orchidee!!!!

Now that was funny:)

trEPP33
01-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Can anyone provide an update here? Is it still called Orchidee and is the food still good?

cainer
01-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Can anyone provide an update here? Is it still called Orchidee and is the food still good?

Snoozer did do an update on this, just three weeks ago, scrool up lol

trEPP33
01-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Yeah I read the entire thread but it is very confusing. So the name of it is Orchidee restaurant located inside the Orchidee hotel and it is located 2 doors to the left of rockys.

vagabond
01-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Yes, and the food is still very good. A realy nice place.

trEPP33
01-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks. It's on my list of places to eat along with El Toro's Steak House and the Waterfront.

MyTio
01-01-2009, 06:10 PM
is the hotel Waterfront an restaurant open

vagabond
01-03-2009, 06:14 PM
is the hotel Waterfront an restaurant open

Yes, but not for breakfast

jd_mine
01-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Orchidee is a great place to eat. Good quality, cheap prices, good atmosphere, quiet and the owner is a real nice guy, very friendly. Even when you meet him in the clubs, he will come up to say hi and shake your hand.