PDA

View Full Version : Vote & Win Free Picture Access! (Winners announced)

Don Tomas
12-13-2008, 03:36 AM
I am sure others will vote but I really would like new members & lurkers to vote so we are giving away Free Picture Access.

10% of the voters will win Free Picture Access:wav:

So go ahead and vote!

The poll will be open for one week. On to the poll:

With this new version of vBulletin there are Tags that can be applied to every thread. So if the thread is about a Hotel in Sosua, the tags might be (hotel, sosua, dominican republic). Depending on the number of threads a tag is applied to the higher ranking a tag gets. Ranking of the tag is shown by size. Bigger tag = more threads with that tag.

You can click on a Tag keyword and be shown all threads with that Tag. So click on "sosua" and see all threads tagged with "sosua".

Tags provide a simpler way to search the forums.

Tags are accessed by either going to the Tag page (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/tags.php) and viewing the "Tag Cloud" or viewing the "Tag Cloud" on the home page.

Do you like where the Tag Cloud is located on the front page?

There are 3 options:
Keep it where it is.
Move it to the bottom of the page.
Get rid of it.

Summit
12-13-2008, 03:44 AM
I'm voting for option 1. I just joined last week, and will bemaking my first trip to the Dr in February. I'm hoping to learn as much as I can before I go. I will post my experiences when I get home.
Glad I found the site, keep it up

Beads
12-13-2008, 10:43 AM
I think its fine where it is for the following reasons. Newbies will see it and be able to navigate better and possible get more people interested in the paid areas which means better support for the site. The more frequent users will learn to ignore it fairly quickly as they probably won't need it.

Don Tomas
12-16-2008, 12:22 AM
shameless bump.

MrHappy
12-17-2008, 09:05 AM
87 have read, only 39 have voted???

Voting is your constitutional right!! Everyone should vote!

RickRock
12-18-2008, 03:06 PM
keep it where it is i think it is fine

Don Tomas
12-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Sorry for the delay in announcing the winners but with the Countdown Generator & The Holidays....

There were a total of 44 voters, of which 10 of them didn't have Picture Access. Never the less I rounded up the 44 to 50 and picked 5 of the 10 members without Picture Access.

I assigned numbers on a 1/10th scale to the members ordered by their voting time. Then I used the =RAND() function in Excel which returns a number between 0 & 1 on each calculation.

The Winners:

Aren
bronxbomber
joejr9999
jonjon
worf1972

Thank you all who voted and hopefully we can do this again.