PDA

View Full Version : Free ATM Bank Of America

Summit
12-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Just to let you guys know , if you have a Bank Of America account you can use a Scotia Bank ATM FREE with a great exchange rate.

No ATM FEE, NO International Fee

Verified

Beads
12-18-2008, 07:12 PM
figures that bank would be good for the DR they outright SUCK in the US! I've had a checking/savings/credit card account with them and just got sick of their underhanded tactics and extra fees.

I closed all accounts an called and told them I was destroying their card. I still get those stupid checks to buy stuff and pay their crazy interest rates in the mail. Right into the shredder they go!

Jimmydr
12-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Capital One is low cost for other countries.

Beads
12-18-2008, 07:21 PM
I started using PayPal when you gave me the info. The fees are low enough so I don't mind plus it allows me to stick money into that specific account separate my other accounts so I won't get ripped off by the ATM and wipe out my checking account. $2500 is plenty for a typical trip.

Cheeno
12-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Thank you Domwolf for the info. :smile:

Vincent Vega
12-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Hey Beads! How are you using PayPal? I didn't follow that. I am looking for a good way to separate my trip money from all of my other accounts as well.

Dave Diaz
08-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Capital One is low cost for other countries.

And their reward card is just begging to give you free airline tickets. I just picked one of those up. I still like the cash exchange places, you can always go to different ones and weigh out the price yourself. If you tell them someone offered u a better deal you could maybe get a better deal, ive done that before but hasnt worked all the time.

If well connected with a local you can get a good exchange too, I have family out there and my family has got the straight exact exchange rate before. Like if its 36 they got 36 not the 35.75 or whatever.

Great post and info here. Love this place!!!

mikelodge
08-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Just to let you guys know , if you have a Bank Of America account you can use a Scotia Bank ATM FREE with a great exchange rate.

No ATM FEE, NO International Fee

Verified

I just called Bank of America and they told me that Scotia would not charge a fee but BOA will still charge $5 per time no matter what. The lady repeated it and said she was sure and had been there for years. Is she right? Or does anyone know of a fee free ATM card you can use in the DR?

Darwin
04-07-2011, 10:04 AM
In Canada, TD has their "select" account with free international withdrawals. I usually go ATM only when I travel and I'm happy to save that fee, especially in countries like Chile where all banks have a maximum withdrawal per transaction of less than 200$.

The account itself is free if you maintain a balance of $5k and comes with nice perks (in particular 1.5% cash back CC for free).

TD is expanding in the US, but I don't know if they have a similar offer there.

https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/accounts/select.jsp

SeaWeed
04-07-2011, 11:59 AM
I use my Bank of America card at the Scotia Bank in Negril, Jamaica every reach.....
as it's the cheapest fee and best exchange in Jamaica......
in years past it use to be free for B of A customers to use Scotia Bank in Jamaica.....
but with the Banks trying to find ways to make money......
it has gone by the wayside but I hope it returns someday:rolleyes:

Sidney
04-07-2011, 12:05 PM
I just called Bank of America and they told me that Scotia would not charge a fee but BOA will still charge $5 per time no matter what. The lady repeated it and said she was sure and had been there for years. Is she right? Or does anyone know of a fee free ATM card you can use in the DR?
I can't imagine these scumbags giving away anything ! With the exception of countless bad loans !:mad: