PDA

View Full Version : From wingmen down at BB.--Interesting stuff that's going on at BB now

FnB
12-23-2008, 11:49 PM
I just thought I would thow a few things out there from my last trip down to the DR. I have been back now for over a week and things are starting to settle in for me. I spent a total of 5 days down there, 2 at BBs and 3 with the novia. All totalled it was a great vacation, although next time down I may split things up a bit different with 3 days to play and 2 with the novia. I want my cake and to eat it too. Oh well, who can blame me?

There are some changes at BBs that I really think stem mostly from the changes in the economy. BBs has enjoyed record occupancy for quite a while now, but they are having more vacancies now. I think management there is implimenting some rules to push hotel guests to BBs from other local establishments, as well as get a few more pesos from the chicas and ensure a supply of chicas during a slow time. Some of the changes will be welcome to the BBs punter, but I do feel for the chicas.

First, Charo and Jennifer are gone and Paola and Luchy are taking their place. I don't think the regular BBs punter will notice any difference in this. I will miss Charo myself, I liked her and the chicas are all saying now that they miss her, as the new "mamma-sons" are a lot stricter and implimenting the new rules.

Starting this month there is a salida for any chica leaving confines of BBs to hook up with someone not staying at BBs. It is 800 pesos and paid for by the chica to management. The girls are worried this will cut into their business. It probably will.

This is currently much more of a job for the chicas than before. There is now a set schedule for the chicas, on a calendar, for day shift or night shift including all holidays (Christmas, New Year). I think the day shift starts at 10am and definitely ends at 6pm (you should see the exodus of girls leaving at 6, it is a sight to behold). The night shift starts at 6pm and ends at midnight. Although I feel for the girls on this, I must say that there was a much better selection of girls in the afternoon on the days I was there, and a full selection in the evening. The girls still incur daily expenses (make-up, clothing, salon, etc.) to entice the client, but there is more competition because there are always more chicas on site, and there will probably be a weeding out process of the less popular girls. The management also hopes this provides for more new blood to replace them. If the chica wants the day off and she is scheduled, she now pays management 1000 pesos per day to keep her job.

Onto other areas, I ran into something that should be a learning opportunity for all. On my second evening I saw one chica I had been with only once for ST about a year ago, and was on my "To Do Again" list. Her name is Maria . She is a little spinner, not a real stunner (most would rate her a 7 or so in looks), but a great performer for me in the past. When I picked her out for TLN we talked over dinner. She started telling me everything we did on our first meeting, in fine detail (I almost forgot some of this stuff til she talked about it), with sincerity and zeal. This blew me away. How could someone remember so much about a ST experience from a year ago? She told me I was a nice guy, and she so much appreciated the "nice guys" that she tries to forget the others. Word to the wise here, I got phenominal service that TLN, not because of what I did this trip, but because I treated the chica well last time around. Treat things like a date, show the chicas some respect, and try to learn some Spanish. It all pays dividends eventually.

Thats it for now,

weyland
12-24-2008, 06:09 AM
When I stayed at Blackbeards on my first ever trip to the DR I was having a drink with the manager and he told me that the chicas were not employed by Blackbeards but were self-employed. Only by keeping things that way could Blackbeards avoid being closed down as a brothel. As you know prostitution is legal in the DR but pimping or running brothels is illegal.

There were still police raids from time to time but these could be explained away as random checks to ensure the above arrangement was being adhered to.

Obviously those laws only apply in theory and it really depends on how much you pay and who you know, but it seems that Blackbeards relationship with the authorities must have evolved for them to be able to implement the new rules.

Ter319
12-24-2008, 09:21 PM
I was down there in the beginning of the month and I heard about the stuff going on that you just spoke of. At that point it was mostly rumor to the girls, but was told by another guest who was speaking to John who said changes were coming. I expected to start in Jan. I guess they are already implementing it. Some other changes in store were changes in the menu, exactly what is unknown. I was told also that they were going to get the staff being able to speak more english taking orders etc. There will definitly be a weeding out process with the chicas over time as many will probably not like the new rules, which could bring in a lot new blood. While I was down there right after Thanksgiving , which is usually packed there were some vacancies, there were times when I would say the chicas out numbered the guest by almost 7 to 1. I hope the changes only improve upon a great thing and don't signal a downturn.
I also like what you said about treating the chicas well, as they do appreciate and remember you. I try to treat them as ladies, regardless of what they do and it pays off a lot for me from my experience.The girls are treated poorly enough as it is in there home life, by their husband or boyfriends a little kindness seems to go along way with them. The girls will even send over their friends to you and tell them he's nice guy or stay away from that one he's an asshole. As much as we talk about them they are talking about us as well. The chica network works here in Black Beards as well. As speaking spanish it always good, the girls seem to appreciate the effort , I only speak very basic spanish not really conversationally yet, but enough to get my point across, the girls seem to laugh cause I walk around with a pocket dictionary.