PDA

View Full Version : POP to San Juan Puerto Rico

Young Hero
01-02-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm thinking about booking a trip, however the dates I have in mind leave a fairly short time between flights. I would have 50 minutes between flights on the way down, and 70 minutes on the return. I'm more concerned about the flight back, and making it through customs. I would appreciate anyones experience flying through San Juan and customs.

Also, the flight from POP is on an American Eagle ATR 72 (twin prop plane) with (I think) boarding and exiting in the rear if I'm not mistaken as it will help decide with the seat selection. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Jimmydr
01-02-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm thinking about booking a trip, however the dates I have in mind leave a fairly short time between flights. I would have 50 minutes between flights on the way down, and 70 minutes on the return. I'm more concerned about the flight back, and making it through customs. I would appreciate anyones experience flying through San Juan and customs.

Also, the flight from POP is on an American Eagle ATR 72 (twin prop plane) with (I think) boarding and exiting in the rear if I'm not mistaken as it will help decide with the seat selection. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You can can jammed up at customs, I did.:icontd:

sicpup71
01-02-2009, 02:29 PM

young where are you coming from?

the_Jayman
01-02-2009, 07:44 PM
I HATE those little fuckin puddle jumpers . . .

I only went thru San Juan 1 time and it was like me and 3 other people in customs . . . took 5 mins from the plane to the smokin section outside . . .

Young Hero
01-02-2009, 08:00 PM
young where are you coming from?

DCA or BWI

sicpup71
01-02-2009, 09:20 PM
DCA or BWI

WOULD IT BE TOO MUCH TO GO TO NEWARK? MAYBE AMTRAK, IT'S A DIRECT FLIGHT ON CONTINENTAL .

Young Hero
01-02-2009, 09:47 PM
I know a few guys that make the drive up but it seems like a hassle to me. I appreciate the input, and I don't think I'm going to gamble on making the return connection. I'll start playing around with Feb. dates.

Juggles
01-03-2009, 05:00 AM
Try doing a multi-city flight trip. Arrive in POP and leave from SDQ. This will allow you greater flexibility in choosing a return time that fits your schedule. Also, if you arrive early, and with your background, you can schedule in fun in Santo Domingo.