PDA

View Full Version : WHERE TO RENT A ROOM

CARLOS7444
05-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Where is it possible to rent a room for a night at a good price.
I stay in a resort no chicas allowed, so i'm searching for a place when i need some privacy. Can somebody give some info about places and the price in Sosua and how things work overthere?:rolleyes:

Apos
05-30-2006, 11:53 PM
http://www.rockysbar.com/

Dick Dawson
05-30-2006, 11:54 PM
http://www.rockysbar.com/

Shill :D:corky::mrgreen:

Apos
05-30-2006, 11:56 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14830&highlight=rocky%27s

this is a thread from yeaterday dealing with this question.

might i suggest that by learning to use the search function, near the top right of the screen,
you will reap many rewards....not that we mind answering questions but..."teach them to fish":corky:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/search.php

Apos
05-30-2006, 11:57 PM
Shill :D:corky::mrgreen:oh ya!:bigthumbup:

Apos
05-31-2006, 12:00 AM
I stay in a resort no chicas allowed, so i'm searching for a place when i need some privacy. Can somebody give some info about places and the price in Sosua and how things work overthere?:rolleyes:

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!

don't want you to think we're not happy to see you here..we are!:bigthumbup::D

weyland
05-31-2006, 03:00 AM
Hi Carlos!

Where is your resort? Playa Dorada? Or where?

Perhaps the answer is a cabana if you just want a place to go for a few hours sex in comfortable surroundings? Try cabana in the Advanced Search box (search under Titles). If you think that sounds like the answer I am sure the guys here could come up with more specific recommendations depending upon which resort you are in.

If you don't mind roughing it, most of the putas in Sosua seem to have places to take punters for short time sex (short stay doss houses, etc), but there is little information on those places (prices, amenities, hygiene, security) on this board because most of the ISOC guys have their own hotel rooms or condos to take their victims to. (Or are we the victims?)

It would be easier to help you if you could be more specific about your requirements, where, for how long, your budget and level of amenities required, etc.

Tonto4
05-31-2006, 05:51 AM
Try the Calypso for 300 peso shorttime.

carlos74
05-31-2006, 08:55 AM
Thx guys, i stay in sosua "the casa marina beach resort" 3 june -- 17 june
Well i've allready read a lot on the board and all the topics didn't seem to answer my needs to know:rolleyes: . Do you find Cabanas in Sosua?
So a lot off you guys say Rocky's or Calypso (300 short time)
What are the prices for a room at Rocky's and Calypso to spend the night with a chica and how are things working? Do you have to talk to get a good price? What are those dosshouses like with a short timer?
All information is welcome from cheap places to stay to the expensive ones. I also read a thread about setting the price :rofl: . Some or talking about 1500/2000 for one night others 4000 .What is you're advise at this point at the moment.:D I know a lot off questions but i wanna be prepared to become a victim in Sosua.

Jimmydr
05-31-2006, 09:17 AM
Well i've allready read a lot on the board and all the topics didn't seem to answer my needs to know:rolleyes: . Do you find Cabanas in Sosua?
So a lot off you guys say Rocky's or Calypso (300 short time)
What are the prices for a room at Rocky's and Calypso to spend the night with a chica and how are things working? Do you have to talk to get a good price? What are those dosshouses like with a short timer?
All information is welcome from cheap places to stay to the expensive ones. I also read a thread about setting the price :rofl: . Some or talking about 1500/2000 for one night others 4000 .What is you're advise at this point at the moment.:D I know a lot off questions but i wanna be prepared to become a victim in Sosua.

Don Andres Hotel is right there as well.

Beads
05-31-2006, 10:36 AM
well for starters a smart move would be to meet up with the ISOC crew that will be there. You cant miss Jayman follow the trail of empty captain morgan bottles.It will save you LOADS of time learning where everything is and how everything works.

Homer Simpson
05-31-2006, 11:11 AM
Do you find Cabanas in Sosua? The closest one is in Cangrejo, a 15 minute drive from Sosua.

So a lot off you guys say Rocky's or Calypso (300 short time)Rocky's does not do short time rentals.

What are the prices for a room at Rocky's and Calypso to spend the night with a chica and how are things working?Rocky's is $22 per night, and the Calypso, about the same.

Do you have to talk to get a good price? Rocky's prices are not negotiable, Calypso's may be.

What are those dosshouses like with a short timer? What's a dosshouse?

All information is welcome from cheap places to stay to the expensive ones. I also read a thread about setting the price :rofl: . Some or talking about 1500/2000 for one night others 4000 .What is you're advise at this point at the moment.:D I know a lot off questions but i wanna be prepared to become a victim in Sosua. The later you shop, the more costly it is.
Disco prices are always higher.
If you meet ladies in the daytime and arrange a meeting at an earlier hour than the discos open (midnight) the price is generally better.
If you appear to be hot to buy, the price is higher.
If you appear independant, the price is lesser.
All night prices are a lot more than a short adventure.
It may be better to go for short adventures to start. Sleeping with an unknown lady of the night, might be a security risk, specially in questionable hotels with no security, like these Dominican short time places. They should be used only for a quick adventure, with a clear agreement on the price, before going in. Write it down on a piece of paper, if you can.
Some of these gals will change their minds, and say that the agreed price was higher, then you're stuck in some Dominican joint, with all of the employees agreeing with the puta, and you basically have no choice but to pay up, or face an altercation.

LM
05-31-2006, 11:14 AM
Thanks Bart for the great info......:iconTU:

Hopefully I can run into you again next week.....are you going to be hanging at Rockys at all, good meeting and talking to you last time??

weyland
05-31-2006, 04:17 PM
What's a dosshouse?
Great post Bart, thanks, with a different slant on things.

"Dosshouse" must be only English slang if you don't know it, but I used it incorrectly anyway. A dosshouse is where "rough sleepers" (tramps and other homeless persons) stay for one night at a time. I was actually thinking of the Calypso, where most putas who approached me in Sosua wanted to take me, but I could not remember the name. So whatever that place is like (and I never made it inside) it is not a "dosshouse" or even a "flophouse". What is the correct word for a cheap hotel which rents rooms by the hour?

Homer Simpson
05-31-2006, 05:41 PM
So whatever that place is like (and I never made it inside) it is not a "dosshouse" or even a "flophouse". What is the correct word for a cheap hotel which rents rooms by the hour?
Damned if I know.
I call them fuck houses, but I doubt that's the correct term.
I have to be really desperate and in dire need, before going to one of those places.
They give me the creeps and make me feel insecure.
That's the flaw with staying in all inclusive resorts.
It costs too much to rent a room for 2 weeks, even at Rocky's price, unless you're sharing with a buddy, and the fuck houses are like stepping into the twilight zone.

carlos74
05-31-2006, 07:53 PM
well for starters a smart move would be to meet up with the ISOC crew that will be there. You cant miss Jayman follow the trail of empty captain morgan bottles.It will save you LOADS of time learning where everything is and how everything works.
Thx guys btw where can i find the ISOC crew ,all canadian ?

Homer Simpson
05-31-2006, 09:38 PM
Just post when you will be in town, and ask where to meet up with other members who are here.

MegaSquirt
05-31-2006, 09:43 PM
What is the correct word for a cheap hotel which rents rooms by the hour?

Ooooh...I do believe it is called 'Short Stay'. :bigthumbup:

PS-Some people called them 'Hot Sheet' motel.

ErikS
05-31-2006, 11:40 PM

Carlos,

I'll be in town June 2-6.
Stop by the Shark Bar and ask Lou to point LM and myself out to you.........but only one of us is Canadian!

sicpup71
06-01-2006, 03:05 AM
Carlos,

I'll be in town June 2-6.
Stop by the Shark Bar and ask Lou to point LM and myself out to you.........but only one of us is Canadian!

which one???:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sicpup71
06-01-2006, 03:10 AM
". What is the correct word for a cheap hotel which rents rooms by the hour?

shit hole !!!!!:bigthumbup: :bigthumbup: :rofl: :rofl:
oh and if $22usd a night isn't too much I'd get a room at Rocky's to fuck the girls and use the other place"the casa marina beach resort" to sleep and clean up and to keep money,camera,passport and shit like that.

JuanElGriego
06-01-2006, 01:24 PM
My next trip will probably be late September and i remember the ridiculous humidity that time of year over there from my trip there in Sept. 2005.

I loved staying at Rocky's in May but AC is a must in Sept. I'd rather not stay at the Europa, and i aint paying $55 a night to stay at Residencial. What's the deal with Rocky's condos? Anyone experience? How many are there as i'll be down there with my cousin and a buddy. The price seems reasonable. My only real concern is location. Where the hell are they? How far from the strip/beach?

ErikS
06-01-2006, 09:11 PM
My next trip will probably be late September and i remember the ridiculous humidity that time of year over there from my trip there in Sept. 2005.

I loved staying at Rocky's in May but AC is a must in Sept. I'd rather not stay at the Europa, and i aint paying $55 a night to stay at Residencial. What's the deal with Rocky's condos? Anyone experience? How many are there as i'll be down there with my cousin and a buddy. The price seems reasonable. My only real concern is location. Where the hell are they? How far from the strip/beach?

Juan El G,

Rockys has several condos in "The Tradewinds". I've stayed there several times and also in "The Palms" condo's next door. It is a 10 minute walk to the SharkBar/Classicos/Rockys intersection, and a 15 minute walk to the beach.

The Tradewinds is located just off the main Highway to Caberete (one block south of Pedro Clisante). This is a view of the Tradewinds (pink building) from the highway.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ErikS_/Jan2006chicas/SosuaTour/Condo/2006_0116Image0079.jpg

Here is another shot of the Tradewinds complex. They have a nice pool there plus a laundry room.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ErikS_/Jan2006chicas/SosuaTour/Condo/2006_0116Image0080.jpg

Apos
06-01-2006, 09:16 PM
i've stayed there twice and will again in july...very nice accomodations.

great pics and directions eriks!:)

Kevy
06-01-2006, 09:24 PM
The trade winds are nice. I have stayed there 4 times and once at the Palms. You get used to the location. A little more walking and lots of motos at night. But it is nice to by away from the noise of the main strip.

JuanElGriego
06-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the info, fellas. :thumbsup:

BrooklynBeas
06-02-2006, 10:38 AM

Thanks for researching!

coolnight
07-03-2006, 09:43 AM
Hi All,

I've been reading this thread and I am also considering staying at the Casa Marina and then renting a room at Rocky's or the Calypso as needed. Do the resort's let you come and go as you please, especially as they probably know a single guy is mongering when not on the premises?

Thanks,
coolnight

Morpheus
07-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the info. I am thinking about staying here...

what is security like here?

can you go directly into rooms or is there a walk of shame?

Who checks cedulas or no check? In which case you are a bit more at mercy of a potentially screwed up chica...safes in the room?

TIA!

Pana
07-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Hi All,

I've been reading this thread and I am also considering staying at the Casa Marina and then renting a room at Rocky's or the Calypso as needed. Do the resort's let you come and go as you please, especially as they probably know a single guy is mongering when not on the premises?

Thanks,
coolnight
The resorts let you go as you please.

Pana
07-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the info. I am thinking about staying here...

what is security like here?

can you go directly into rooms or is there a walk of shame?

Who checks cedulas or no check? In which case you are a bit more at mercy of a potentially screwed up chica...safes in the room?

TIA!
There are no cedula checks at Trade Winds, and also you might want to take a motoconcho at night instead of walking, in the day time you can walk it is much more safer than night.