PDA

View Full Version : 60 Mintues on Oil Speculators

Hoseman
01-12-2009, 07:53 AM
Did any one see 60 minutes last night?The same crooks on Wall Street that ran us into a recession with all those bad loans are the same crooks that manipulated the price of oil then they would come up with all those excuses like busted pipelines.Hurricanes and Demand.After all that screwing they came back and screwed us again with that 700 billion bailout.:mad:

weyland
01-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Did any one see 60 minutes last night?The same crooks on Wall Street that ran us into a recession with all those bad loans are the same crooks that manipulated the price of oil then they would come up with all those excuses like busted pipelines.Hurricanes and Demand.After all that screwing they came back and screwed us again with that 700 billion bailout.:mad:
So long as you think the recession was caused by crooks, or the incompetence of financiers, you will never resolve the problem. Indeed, it will only recur again and again, and probably worse next time. Saying crooks caused the recession is like saying looters cause hurricanes or maggots cause meat to go rotten. They are after-symptoms not causes. The basic problem is much vaster and runs deeper.

The video in this thread gets nearer to the real issues:
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=157738
though even that ignores some painful truths.

The fact your President Elect endorsed the 700 billion scam, and in particular aid to the auto manufacturers, shows that he will continue the same basic policies. It is like getting someone in to redecorate your house when the foundations are crumbling.

Hoseman
01-12-2009, 10:02 AM
So long as you think the recession was caused by crooks, or the incompetence of financiers, you will never resolve the problem. Indeed, it will only recur again and again, and probably worse next time. Saying crooks caused the recession is like saying looters cause hurricanes or maggots cause meat to go rotten. They are after-symptoms not causes. The basic problem is much vaster and runs deeper.

The video in this thread gets nearer to the real issues:
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=157738
though even that ignores some painful truths.

The fact your President Elect endorsed the 700 billion scam, and in particular aid to the auto manufacturers, shows that he will continue the same basic policies. It is like getting someone in to redecorate your house when the foundations are crumbling.Oh believe me I understand whole heartily about the powers that be in the world led by the Banksters and the Ground work that the Rothschild family laid hundreds of years ago that still dictate world policies and continue to dictate how the people of the world live.Like you said in a post that your glad your 68 years old I too am glad that I am not a young man growing up in this day of deteriorating conditions for the average person not born into wealth.Did you watch the 60 minutes program?And are you familiar with Dr.Ravi Batra?Famous Quote by Mayer Rothschild. " Give me control of a nation's money
and I care not who makes the laws."

weyland
01-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Like you said in a post that your glad your 68 years old.
I didn't exactly say that. I just meant at least I don't have to worry about the medium future from a personal point of view. Believe me, I would rather be 41 again and getting divorced for the first time around now I know about the DR. And even better would have been to have known about it in 1981 when I was 41!

Hoseman
01-12-2009, 11:39 AM
I didn't exactly say that. I just meant at least I don't have to worry about the medium future from a personal point of view. Believe me, I would rather be 41 again and getting divorced for the first time around now I know about the DR. And even better would have been to have known about it in 1981 when I was 41!Well I am 48 I would want to be a 20 year old in these time.I am sure in your 20sthe world was a more kinder gentler place filled with more hope and promise than todays world.

Downtown
01-12-2009, 01:44 PM

I found it amazing that when the price of a barrel of oil experienced its highest single day increase ever ($25 USD), the supply of oil was increasing and consumer demand was decreasing! And the company that lobbied for and got deregulation in the oil futures market was Enron. Clearly the inmates are/were running the asylum!

knotty
01-12-2009, 03:18 PM
i briefly watched that episode (was watching 24), and I normally don't miss an episode, but I did figure there was some type of manipulation occurring. The way things were going it just appeared that there was no end in sight. The funny part is when the price of oil began decreasing the price of gas was moving extremely slower than when it jumped up in price. The OPEC nations want oil to remain around $70.00 a barrel, but intake continues to decrease. They attempted to cut oil production, but it still continued to fall. There excuse is that they need it to remain atleast at that level because that would be sufficient for them to maintain the equipment. That's total bullshit. So when it was 30 bucks a barrel, they couldn't maintain it???

Hoseman
01-12-2009, 03:26 PM
i briefly watched that episode (was watching 24), and I normally don't miss an episode, but I did figure there was some type of manipulation occurring. The way things were going it just appeared that there was no end in sight. The funny part is when the price of oil began decreasing the price of gas was moving extremely slower than when it jumped up in price. The OPEC nations want oil to remain around $70.00 a barrel, but intake continues to decrease. They attempted to cut oil production, but it still continued to fall. There excuse is that they need it to remain atleast at that level because that would be sufficient for them to maintain the equipment. That's total bullshit. So when it was 30 bucks a barrel, they couldn't maintain it???If you still want to see it just google 60 minutes its like 13 mins.