PDA

View Full Version : A slice of home in Boca Chica

prtyr2
01-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Went to Boca Chica yesterday and spent the day at Boat House. They have a black guy from Atlanta doing "soul food" there on Sat and Sunday. More BBQ than soul food. He also does tour etc and yesterday had to close down early. I wasn't hungry but ordered ribs to check em out. Very good! He does chicken, ribs and steak by special request.

Couple that with american music via internet radio and it was a nice break from Bachata 24/7.

When I sat down the live version of Free Bird came on so I know skynyrd would have dug it. . ... .lol. . .I usually avoid listening to it as it has been played to death, but since I hadn't really listened to it in a long time and given the atmosphere on the beach I really dug it.

Later on they switched channels to a classic R&B chanel and I got to hear "stomp" by The Brothers Johnson. . . . wow haven't heard that in years.. . . . .good stuff.

I took a few pics of the BBQ joint but they were closing so not great pics. If you are in Boca and want some good ribs and some good tunes hot Boat House on Sat or Sun.

Hoseman
01-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Went to Boca Chica yesterday and spent the day at Boat House. They have a black guy from Atlanta doing "soul food" there on Sat and Sunday. More BBQ than soul food. He also does tour etc and yesterday had to close down early. I wasn't hungry but ordered ribs to check em out. Very good! He does chicken, ribs and steak by special request.

Couple that with american music via internet radio and it was a nice break from Bachata 24/7.

When I sat down the live version of Free Bird came on so I know skynyrd would have dug it. . ... .lol. . .I usually avoid listening to it as it has been played to death, but since I hadn't really listened to it in a long time and given the atmosphere on the beach I really dug it.

Later on they switched channels to a classic R&B chanel and I got to hear "stomp" by The Brothers Johnson. . . . wow haven't heard that in years.. . . . .good stuff.

I took a few pics of the BBQ joint but they were closing so not great pics. If you are in Boca and want some good ribs and some good tunes hot Boat House on Sat or Sun.Where is the Boat House located?

prtyr2
01-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Where is the Boat House located?

Boat house is not far from the Hamaca end of the beach. if you drive into town on duarte the first cross street you hit is right across from Boat House. Boat House is next to the old Portofino run by crazy Darren from Boston. Portofino has been closed for years but was a great hang out.

Hoseman
01-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Boat house is not far from the Hamaca end of the beach. if you drive into town on duarte the first cross street you hit is right across from Boat House. Boat House is next to the old Portofino run by crazy Darren from Boston. Portofino has been closed for years but was a great hang out.I only spent a couple of days in Boca Chica are you talking about the end where they store the boats down toward Andres?

tomgueguen
01-12-2009, 12:52 PM
I only spent a couple of days in Boca Chica are you talking about the end where they store the boats down toward Andres?

No, it's at the very beginning of Duarte street, when you go down the road from the Hamaca hotel. It's almost in front of the restaurant Italy Italy.

elsucio
01-12-2009, 05:42 PM
I only spent a couple of days in Boca Chica are you talking about the end where they store the boats down toward Andres?

The opposite direction than Andres, not too far from that giant fancy apartment building

Hoseman
01-12-2009, 06:08 PM
The opposite direction than Andres, not too far from that giant fancy apartment buildingI know the area now I will have to chech it out next time I am there.

prtyr2
01-12-2009, 06:27 PM
I can't remember the guys name but he was really cool and is a retired Delta employee living in BC. he took down my number because he wants to learn more about santo domingo etc.

The ribs were very good. To me better than rockies and I dig rockies ribs. He also does tours etc. says he has a hummer H1 and just got a mercedes so if you want a tour in style. . . . ..

Hmm. . . .

I know the area now I will have to chech it out next time I am there.

Hoseman
01-12-2009, 06:35 PM
I can't remember the guys name but he was really cool and is a retired Delta employee living in BC. he took down my number because he wants to learn more about santo domingo etc.

The ribs were very good. To me better than rockies and I dig rockies ribs. He also does tours etc. says he has a hummer H1 and just got a mercedes so if you want a tour in style. . . . ..

Hmm. . . .Maybe I should go into the rib business if he can afford to buy items like that down there.

prtyr2
01-13-2009, 06:26 AM
Something tells me the rib biz aint paying for those items. I was his only customer sunday but he had to leave early. Either his tour biz is doing OK or he is spending savings hoping tour biz takes off.

Maybe I should go into the rib business if he can afford to buy items like that down there.

MrHappy
01-13-2009, 06:36 AM
What I can't figure out is why Laurence pays for an internet subscription for his music.

There are tons of really good free stations out there, and he chooses one that has a monthly fee!

tomgueguen
01-13-2009, 07:15 AM
Maybe I should go into the rib business if he can afford to buy items like that down there.

When in DR it's always better not to be too much curious of where the money comes from.

If you know what I mean...

Hoseman
01-13-2009, 07:28 AM
When in DR it's always better not to be too much curious of where the money comes from.

If you know what I mean...I was joking about selling the ribs I would not want to stick out like that if I was a Gringo.I would think that could easily be over 500,000 in vehicles.I would figure him to be well connected to have those rides.I still would need armed guards if that was me.

prtyr2
01-13-2009, 08:04 AM
yeah sky something or other. Hey it's his money. BTW there were people dragging some tables with presidente umbrellas out of darren's old place, so maybe there is finally some movement.

I was actually gonna buzz ya to see if you were in BC. I never left Boat House as I usually would walk down to Playa Vista for at least a beer or two.

What I can't figure out is why Laurence pays for an internet subscription for his music.

There are tons of really good free stations out there, and he chooses one that has a monthly fee!

elsucio
01-13-2009, 09:38 AM
yeah sky something or other. Hey it's his money. BTW there were people dragging some tables with presidente umbrellas out of darren's old place, so maybe there is finally some movement.

I was actually gonna buzz ya to see if you were in BC. I never left Boat House as I usually would walk down to Playa Vista for at least a beer or two.

I miss the old days in Boca Chica, used to be a fun place, not been there in close to 4 years now except an overnight when i had to fly out of SDQ

Tony Badabing
01-13-2009, 11:11 AM
I miss the old days in Boca Chica, used to be a fun place, not been there in close to 4 years now except an overnight when i had to fly out of SDQ

If your a beach bum by day and fuck boy by night then it's cool alway's some new talent passing through.