PDA

View Full Version : Camp David questions

robo-dick
01-25-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm doing the gfe for one day, 2 max at Camp David, thats assuming I can get a room there. As far as getting there from Sosua, which is the better option? or are there more options?

1) Take the bus from Sosua to Santiago, get a taxi from the bus station to Camp David. How much is this?

2) Rent a car and try not getting lost or in a accident.

3) ???

Jimmydr
01-25-2009, 05:51 PM
You will need to have a car to get in and out of there, unless you plan on just staying up there for your entire stay.

robo-dick
01-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Only going to do the Camp David for one night, maybe 2. I hear theres not much to do there, besides eat, drink and be merry. Any ideas on taxi cost's to get there from the airport or just back and forth to the city? I'm thinking it may end up being cheaper to rent a car for a day or 2??

eastcoastallstar
01-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Rent a Car.

Cheeno
01-25-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm doing the gfe for one day, 2 max at Camp David, thats assuming I can get a room there. As far as getting there from Sosua, which is the better option? or are there more options?

1) Take the bus from Sosua to Santiago, get a taxi from the bus station to Camp David. How much is this?

2) Rent a car and try not getting lost or in a accident.

3) ???

If you know the roads well, then rent a car.

If not, then take the bus from Sosua (or Puerto Plata) to Santiago. The buses are a bit cold so wear a long sleeve shirt.

I once had dinner with a Colombian chica at Camp David. The food and service was excellent and you can see all of Santiago. The scenery is very nice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
You can take the Metro bus from Puerto Plata to Santiago.

Metro Bus
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=136858

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68515

Or you can take Caribe Tours from Sosua to Santiago.

Caribe Tours
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68514

KoKi9290
01-25-2009, 10:16 PM
As Jimmy said, rent a car. I'm guessing the taxi will run you about 300-500P (depending on your Espanol) from Caribe Tours to Camp David and more for the return. You're a gringo and want to go to a "luxury" hotel that is way off the beaten path, a steep climb with no chance of a return fare (at least until they get back to Luperon). And when you call for a taxi to go back down, they're gonna screw you worse for the same reasons. And you're stcuk there with nothing to do there but eat and drink and look at city (beautiful if the wx is good) and Trujillo's old cars. Rent a car, go to a disco, a tipico (MonteBar or Las Colinas), or a club Passion o Illusiones.

prtyr2
01-26-2009, 08:15 AM
I was at Camp David wed and thursday nights. It was COLD. I had a room with no AC and didn't even turn on ceiling fan. Great view wed, but thursday night was foggy and raining but I went out.

I took taxis and was glad someone else was all nervous drivingup that road in the fog.

Cuba Libre
01-26-2009, 10:24 AM
I would rent a car. Especially if you plan on staying more than 1 day.

Camp David is in the middle of nowhere, and can get boring very quickly. You'll probably want to make trips into the city. I think taxis cost (I think) about $300RD.

Note, Camp David has special 1/2 price rates for residents, so have your GF make the reservation.

Cuba Libre
01-26-2009, 10:27 AM
I was at Camp David wed and thursday nights. It was COLD. I had a room with no AC and didn't even turn on ceiling fan. Great view wed, but thursday night was foggy and raining but I went out.

I took taxis and was glad someone else was all nervous drivingup that road in the fog.What did they charge to take you to the city from Camp David?

robo-dick
01-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Do you guys mean rent a car once I get to Santiago via the bus, or just rent one right out of Sosua? thanx

prtyr2
01-26-2009, 01:15 PM
What did they charge to take you to the city from Camp David?

Depending on what part of the city I went to 300-500 pesos. the way I look at it is aloha sol costs probably 1,000 pesos per day more than camp david. So I use that extra 1000 on taxis and stay at a place with a great view that chicas love.

Jimmydr
01-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Only going to do the Camp David for one night, maybe 2. I hear theres not much to do there, besides eat, drink and be merry. Any ideas on taxi cost's to get there from the airport or just back and forth to the city? I'm thinking it may end up being cheaper to rent a car for a day or 2??

A normal street taxi will be cheap.

passasabe
01-28-2009, 12:31 AM
While u staying there , ask for rafelito,he's a cook at the hotel ,he will get all the girls you need !

ChicaSeeka
01-28-2009, 06:09 AM
Great place to spend some real romantic quiet time and the food is fantastic, but as others have said, if you want nightlife definatly have your own car...the staff is top notch and will cater to your every need,

MrHappy
01-28-2009, 10:49 AM
You won't have a problem doing call in with the waiters. Tell them what you want, be specific, and sit back and wait.

It takes a hour or so for the girl to show up, (she's gotta get ready, right?) but I have seen very few that weren't worth the wait.

And best of all, they are almost never pros, just girls looking to make a few bucks.

prtyr2
01-28-2009, 12:22 PM
I am sure you remember the waiter "nelson". He was famous for hooking guys up. He fell ill with a brain tumor years ago. I am pretty sure the fist time I hit camp david back in 99 was with your buddy Chris and Tonya. Then they picked me up a few days later in Cotui!

You won't have a problem doing call in with the waiters. Tell them what you want, be specific, and sit back and wait.

It takes a hour or so for the girl to show up, (she's gotta get ready, right?) but I have seen very few that weren't worth the wait.

And best of all, they are almost never pros, just girls looking to make a few bucks.