PDA

View Full Version : how do i keep my stuff safe while in the water

bads00
01-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Ok guys, Im alone at the beach and i want to go for a swim, how do i keep my stuff from being stolen. Can I bring the travel safe and hook it up to something?

Cheeno
01-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Ok guys, Im alone at the beach and i want to go for a swim, how do i keep my stuff from being stolen. Can I bring the travel safe and hook it up to something?

When I went to Boca Chica and chilled at Playa Vista, I would kindly ask Peter (the owner of the bar) to look after my bag while I take a quick swim.

In my bag, I would bring my sunglasses, extra cash, suntan lotion, cell phone, and my clothes. The more important items such as my wallet and passport are in the hotel safe.

thunderstar
01-27-2009, 03:52 AM
On Sosua Beach there is only 1 bar – Siempre Sol – Leave it with Herman. Never heard of any problems there.

Don Tomas
01-27-2009, 03:53 AM

If you don't know anyone on the beach and want to spend a few bucks, Aquapacks are the way to go, they have several sizes and most are good for up to 15ft under water. They sell money belts, armband cases, and larger styles that can be worn around the neck, plus also custom cases built for underwater photography.

http://www.aquapac.net/

sicpup71
01-27-2009, 04:40 AM

for the beach
http://www.corporatetravelsafety.com/catalog/water-safe-p-393.html
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/5948497ed634888a0.jpg

Skynyrd
01-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Herman is the best & Safest guy on Sousa Bch...He will take care of you stuff:)

yayow
01-27-2009, 10:06 AM
I agree in Sosua ask Herman at siempre sol bar or tom at the scandanvian bar, they are both honorable guys and so are the people working for them. They will put your bag behind the bar and no one will touch it. If you are at a beach where you don't know anyone, then the aqua packs are the way to go. Very good advice guys.

sicpup71
01-27-2009, 10:07 AM
I agree in Sosua ask Herman at siempre sol bar or tom at the scandanvian bar, they are both honorable guys and so are the people working for them. They will put your bag behind the bar and no one will touch it. If you are at a beach where you don't know anyone, then the aqua packs are the way to go. Very good advice guys.

or leave the stuff in your room and only take what you really need some type of id and a little cash.

3somefan
01-27-2009, 02:05 PM
If you are really desperate, you can put everything in a baggy, lube it up and shove it up your ass. May be a little uncomfortable in the heat, but once you get into the water it shouldn't feel so bad. I had to do this a lot when smuggling things into prison!

:lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :wink:

Hoseman
01-27-2009, 02:12 PM
If you are really desperate, you can put everything in a baggy, lube it up and shove it up your ass. May be a little uncomfortable in the heat, but once you get into the water it shouldn't feel so bad. I had to do this a lot when smuggling things into prison!

:lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :wink:I don't know about this one Threesome.What do you want to take to the beach? A couple of pesos' is about it.You can get a swim cap and maybe a baggy and put that under your cap.

3somefan
01-27-2009, 02:21 PM
I don't know about this one Threesome.What do you want to take to the beach? A couple of pesos' is about it.You can get a swim cap and maybe a baggy and put that under your cap.

Just poking fun!! :D

Hoseman
01-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Just poking fun!! :DI can see a Newbie trying that one...lol.

bads00
01-27-2009, 02:55 PM
great advice! thanks guys!

sonrisa
01-27-2009, 11:04 PM
I want to do some snorkeling and swmming while at Sosua beach. Any of you actually used the Water Safe Waterproof Container? Obviously, I won't be going very deep, but would still like something to hold a few dollars/pesos and my keys. Also, anyone used the Aloksak Waist Pouch and waterproof bags advertised next to the Water Safe container?

Hoseman
01-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Check waterproofcases.net.

bentwire
01-27-2009, 11:29 PM
I want to do some snorkeling and swmming while at Sosua beach. Any of you actually used the Water Safe Waterproof Container? Obviously, I won't be going very deep, but would still like something to hold a few dollars/pesos and my keys. Also, anyone used the Aloksak Waist Pouch and waterproof bags advertised next to the Water Safe container?

I take a smal backpack and leave it behind the bar at Hermans

camera
cash
cigars
condoms
shades
Cell

yourmomma999
01-30-2009, 02:19 AM
I have gone swimming even into large waves there, for money I just fold the bills in half and I always have a bathing suit with very good velcro pockets, never lost anything even when a wave crashed me down hard.

I take a smal backpack and leave it behind the bar at Hermans

camera
cash
cigars
condoms
shades
Cell

mho
01-30-2009, 06:47 AM
for the beach
http://www.corporatetravelsafety.com/catalog/water-safe-p-393.html
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/5948497ed634888a0.jpg

This works great and come in two sizes. I use the Witz Surf Safe that is the smaller size and is only large enough to hold some cash, ID and some keys. The larger size will hold a cell phone but it will not fit in a pocket.

There are also cargo swim trunks with plenty of pockets and hooks to clip stuff onto.