PDA

View Full Version : transport fr pop to sos ?

connander
11-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Hi everyone.Greate info here. Will arrive in poerto plata next week aboute 7pm and want to go to sosua. How long time will it take to get from pop to sosua? Are there any buses that time of the day, or is it just taxi. What about getting a room if I arrive in the eavning.Or is it better to spend the night in pop an go to sosua the next morning? Thanks for any help.

jd_mine
11-21-2004, 05:51 PM
Puerto Plata itself is actually further away from POP airport than Sosua is. You will have to take a cab ($15, let them show you the price list) and the ride will be about 15 minutes.
If you don't know Sosua it might be better to email for example hotel Europa in advance to secure a room for the first nite, although they usually are not full.

guttaman
11-21-2004, 08:19 PM
JD is right. www.hotelplazaeuropa.com for hotel if you know your way around. 1st timers should go to the Palace. Run by Dominican John from the Boston area. Great dude and very experienced chicas on site. Great place to get your feet wet. www.thepalacesosua@hotmail.com more to follow

WSJ3
11-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Yeah I met John on my trip and he is a great guy...

You will love your stay at the Palace trust me on this one.

guttaman
11-21-2004, 08:57 PM
Fuck POP. The Palace is probally booked so go to link at Europa site. Jimmydr is in town so more than normal amount of mongers will be in the house. Europa is about a 3 wood and a chip shot away from the europa. Mongers from all around hang there. PM Q&A man or Jimmydr. Either way Jimmy will be at Rocky's in the am and he will be able to help. For a ride there is Theo. He is an ex-military who does taxi for a good price. He also is good to hire for the day to help find shit and chicas. theosmoot215@yohoo.com

WSJ3
11-21-2004, 09:13 PM
I think my buddy Boston Jim is trying to keep the Palace empty so that he can book a room in January...

LOL.

guttaman
11-21-2004, 10:27 PM
My brother from another mother, dude is going to be in POP ( Sosua ) 11/28 and Jimmydr is in the house. When he is in the house the Palace is tanding room only. Full house, check the board.

guttaman
11-21-2004, 10:33 PM
I MISSED THE LOL. NEED A REMY LIVE ACTION EXPERIENCE. I WILL BE IN *^%$#@, CONNECTICUT FOR X-MAS AND WILL BE A 25 MINUTE COMMUTE TO PENN AWAY. WILL CALL TO SEE IF REMY LIKA SOME MORE FUN.

WSJ3
11-22-2004, 07:28 AM
I MISSED THE LOL. NEED A REMY LIVE ACTION EXPERIENCE. I WILL BE IN *^%$#@, CONNECTICUT FOR X-MAS AND WILL BE A 25 MINUTE COMMUTE TO PENN AWAY. WILL CALL TO SEE IF REMY LIKA SOME MORE FUN.

Just tell her Sam referred you.

culebra
11-22-2004, 08:49 AM
you can call JESUS in advance at Jesus #2: (809) 885-5521 and he will meet you at your flight and take you to the hotel of your choice in the Sosua Area. I'd try the Sousa Palace first. I wasn't very happy with the Europa week before last and won't go back again, but you will find different opinons.

connander
11-22-2004, 02:27 PM
Thanks a lot for all the info. it will be just greate to get there. It looks like its no problems finding a room. will try the pleaces you rekomend at arrival. Can anyone tell me the euro/peso rate?

D_W_
11-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Thanks a lot for all the info. it will be just greate to get there. It looks like its no problems finding a room. will try the pleaces you rekomend at arrival. Can anyone tell me the euro/peso rate?

You'll find that info around the boards by just searching, but if you're going to Sosua...best place IMHO is Judy's by the edificio municipal.