PDA

View Full Version : The cost of getting by!!!!

JDR
11-23-2004, 07:59 AM
Well the public taxis are dropping their prices. The supermarket prices are slowly coming down. The Long Beach chicas are asking 1000-2000 pesos for the night. Things are looking better every day!

BrooklynBeas
11-29-2004, 08:56 AM
Well the public taxis are dropping their prices. The supermarket prices are slowly coming down. The Long Beach chicas are asking 1000-2000 pesos for the night. Things are looking better every day!

Beas got a long beach chica for 500 pesos for a BBBJ in my jeepeta while Jimmy waited in Longbeach

Spent less then I could have this trip by eating meals at Jimmys. the 90 peso chicken stand and found a cheap restaurant on the beach!

guttaman
11-29-2004, 07:37 PM
I usually spend less than 50US on food all week. I shop at the store near the beach every night on my way back to the Palace. Fresh bread and the Europeans shop there and we all know how cheap they are. I usually bring a carry on light weight cooler marlboro beach bag with me . I make a lasangua and freeze it. Acts as my ice pack. 2 foozen oj concentrate. 2 oscar meyer bolony, 2 kraft cheese, 2 steaks ( frozen ) Lotsa fenway franks for you yankee fans, and a shit load of dry goods that are expensive in the DR. Shit like rice, mustard and general shit that does not come from yhr US is cheap. I ate breakfast at Rockys every day and only ate other wise at the Shark Bar or Mi Casa and drank myself into a 5 day black out and had no revenge problems. Just brush teeth with bottled watter, do not open mouth while showering and no licking pussy in the shower.Do not know how this want from changing money thread but again. I'm not sick but i'm not well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ilikenyacional
11-29-2004, 08:49 PM
and no licking pussy in the shower

That one is hard to resist. Must have a strong head before entering the shower with the bonita.

BrooklynBeas
12-01-2004, 08:29 AM

That one is hard to resist. Must have a strong head before entering the shower with the bonita.

this is not a problem for me... i have never and will never lick vagina in the DR... i do brush my teeth with the sink water but i dont swallow... kinda like most girls i know... that could be one reason i feel like im dying right now... 102 fever yesterday and everything i eat comes out in hershey squirt form!

WSJ3
12-01-2004, 12:00 PM

this is not a problem for me... i have never and will never lick vagina in the DR... i do brush my teeth with the sink water but i dont swallow... kinda like most girls i know... that could be one reason i feel like im dying right now... 102 fever yesterday and everything i eat comes out in hershey squirt form!

Maybe if you eat some DR PUSSY you wouldn't suffer from the DR hershey squirts every trip.

LOL.

BrooklynBeas
12-01-2004, 01:11 PM
ill think about that next time... ill also think about bringing my own food cause im really suffering now... really

Mister NYC
12-01-2004, 06:47 PM

Beas got a long beach chica for 500 pesos for a BBBJ in my jeepeta while Jimmy waited in Longbeach

Spent less then I could have this trip by eating meals at Jimmys. the 90 peso chicken stand and found a cheap restaurant on the beach!

Reminds me of a time about 1 year ago when JDR and I did the same exact thing. What a sucking machine she was. I applaud her.

Btw, better things can happen when JDR isn't around...LOL. Oh what a hell of a guy he is. How much per plate at Jimmy's Restaurant? Is it only opened when he is in town?

D_W_
12-01-2004, 07:05 PM
i do brush my teeth with the sink water but i dont swallow...

Doesn't matter, bacteria gets through the gums. I mean we're basically ripping them apart when we brush.

Dude sounds like you got a stomach virus. If it doesn't get any worse then it's just a bug you have to shit out.

Keep drinking water and mind that fever. If it hovers around 102 for another day, you may need to see an MD.

To control your temperature, Motrin or Tylenol is the shit. Motrin especially...took it last year with the flu. what a Godsend.

...and by all means...get better!

guttaman
12-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Beas, i never brush with DR water. Pour some bottled water in store bought paper cup and go from there. I buy rice at store and add it anyhting i make. And i do almost all of my cooking. Breakfast of frenh toast at rockies. Lunch at the Shark Bar ( fresh grilled ) and late night feast with chicas back in my room. I feed them and they cook and clean. I drink alot and had no problems getting any revenge stuff. the take out chicken is Hit or miss on how long it has been on the grill since everything in DR seems to be over cooked. Many USA people getting sick. I just shop and eat where the Europeans do. They have been there longer.

Apos
12-01-2004, 07:46 PM
When I arrived I played it safe. Brushed with bottled water, ate at Rocky's and La Roca, etc... By the time I left I was brushing with tap water and eating what and where the locals ate. Often enough one of the girls would send someone for food at lunch and I had no idea where it came from. I had virtually no problem while I was there (1 week) but 2 or 3 days after my return I has the runs for over a week. I figured it was from being tired and depressed at having to leave paradise.

I plan to basically go native this trip (2 weeks) so it should be interesting to see what happens during the second week.

I did however take the precaution of getting the Twinrix hep A and B combo vac before my trip. Hep A is very common and passed along in food.

guttaman
12-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Very smart about the hep a shot. Still, unless you are there for a long time most water will get you. Many people say that a day or two home and it hits them. I believe it is the lack of large quantities of Presidentes. Remember, beer in the DR is 6% while in the US of Fucking A it is only 2.5 to 3%. Booze withdrawal can be a bitch. Take it from the professor of Alcoholism.

Mister NYC
12-02-2004, 05:41 AM
That's some interesting shit. Makes me want to get my shots again just in case. I use Dr.Wehbe in Sosua. Antiviral /antibiotic shots go for about 600 pesos.

It's always better to be safe!

knotty
12-02-2004, 07:55 AM
I guess I was playing with fire by brushing my teeth with the DR tap water. I stayed for awhile and only had the runs early in the morning. But I believe my suffering came from the beer. For some reason, if I drink too much alcohol, the following day I got the runs.

BrooklynBeas
12-02-2004, 08:04 AM
I guess I was playing with fire by brushing my teeth with the DR tap water. I stayed for awhile and only had the runs early in the morning. But I believe my suffering came from the beer. For some reason, if I drink too much alcohol, the following day I got the runs.

I get that shit in NYC when i go out on the weekends but i never get a fever... my fever only lasted for a day or so and now i just have a splitting headache and an ass ache cause im shittin like i have stock in scott tissue toilet paper... the reason i think it hits us about a day or two after we are back is because it most likely takes about 10 days before it comes out of our system... most of our trips are around 7 days... or maybe its the change of food... who knows... anyone ever been to Colombia and experienced the same SHIT (no pun intended)...

knotty
12-02-2004, 08:16 AM
Beas,

Whoa, man, I think you should take yourself to the emergency room. I had that happen to me where it went from brown the blood coming out. It got so bad I had to lay on the bathroom floor because I had no energy and was busting with sweat. That was one of the worse time of my life. They may be something you can get a perscription for the help you get better.

nuhomet
12-02-2004, 11:19 AM
Some simple logic:

What is in beer that gets you drunk? Alcohol.
What do they use alcohol for in the hospital? Disinfectant.

Therefore drink lots of beer and it will kill the germs in
your body.

You can't argue with logic.

BrooklynBeas
12-02-2004, 01:01 PM
Some simple logic:

your body.

oh kay... uhm... normally i hardly ever drink on my DR trips... but i drank a shitload of Presidentes,Cuba Libre's, and Mamajuana's this trip and i feel the worst after this trip then any other before!

Reel Deal
12-02-2004, 01:11 PM
Some simple logic:

your body.

oh kay... uhm... normally i hardly ever drink on my DR trips... but i drank a shitload of Presidentes,Cuba Libre's, and Mamajuana's this trip and i feel the worst after this trip then any other before!I wouldn't drink that shit if it meant the Love Noodle would NEVER point to the North Star ever again... :shock:

I'm surprised you haven't shitted your colon, large intestines, small intestines, duodenum, stomach and esophogus out...

nuhomet
12-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Mamajuana:

Handfull of sticks, leaves and dirt soaked in rum for several days to years. My mother use to bring it back from Casa De Campo when she visited there. I am sure that the guys making this stuff follow standard sanitation practices. Remember the old saying, " don't piss where you collect your mamajuana supplies."

"Rumored and treasured as an elixir to increase sexual vitality, Mamajuana is a homemade blend of rum, wine, honey, herbs, bark, and even at times, although not normally, animal parts."

BrooklynBeas
12-02-2004, 02:56 PM
well i only drank this from Herman at Siempre Sol... and for some crazy reason i trust this guy... who knows i trusted KiKi !!!! KiKi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reel Deal
12-02-2004, 02:58 PM
Mamajuana:

...herbs, bark, and even at times, although not normally, animal parts." :oops:

Herbs? Bark?

ANIMAL PARTS???? I'm bettin' that ain't prime Filet Mignon... :shock:

(And he wonders why he got sick.... :lol: :lol: :lol: )

BrooklynBeas
12-02-2004, 02:59 PM
Will you be offering Mamajuana at Geckos? hehe

Reel Deal
12-02-2004, 03:02 PM
Will you be offering Mamajuana at Geckos? heheSure. With an Immodium chaser....

Ladies Night tonite, BB...free beer and booze for our estrogen-excessive friends from 9pm-11pm. DT will post a trip report when he pulls hid weiner from the last drunken chica... :lol: :lol: :lol:

BrooklynBeas
12-02-2004, 03:03 PM

Ladies Night tonite, BB...free beer and booze for our estrogen-excessive friends from 9pm-11pm. DT will post a trip report when he pulls hid weiner from the last drunken chica... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont forget me when you open Geckos 2.... i need a change!

Reel Deal
12-02-2004, 03:05 PM

Dont forget me when you open Geckos 2.... i need a change!How 'bout Gecko's-Sosua? I can see all the Sosua chica's wearing the Gecko T's...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf25b3127cce9cdd0b1fbeab00000016108BcsmTdq1aC

nuhomet
12-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Remember the old saying, " don't piss where you collect your mamajuana supplies."

"Oh wait we are selling it to tourists.... then it doesn't matter"

Apos
12-02-2004, 05:02 PM
well i only drank this from Herman at Siempre Sol... and for some crazy reason i trust this guy... who knows i trusted KiKi !!!! KiKi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also trust Herman. He is a great guy with lots of useful info and connections. I drank there every day last trip and plan on it again!

Herman and Siempre Sol are tied for first with Marco and Rocky's for my favorite people and places in Sosua.

Who the hell is "KIKI"???

Willie
12-02-2004, 09:41 PM
On my last trip to Sosua I learned the hard way about buying mixed drinks.
One needs to be careful where drinks are bought. Where are the glasses being washed?

Since then I only drink out of a sealed bottle , eg beer. :) .

It is not nice to have the gripes, ruins your holiday.

JDR
12-03-2004, 08:13 AM
On my last trip to Sosua I learned the hard way about buying mixed drinks.
One needs to be careful where drinks are bought. Where are the glasses being washed?

Since then I only drink out of a sealed bottle , eg beer. :) .

It is not nice to have the gripes, ruins your holiday.

Many places are careful about that.

jajalekker
12-24-2004, 12:35 PM

you can trust herman...
no problem...