PDA

View Full Version : Are more chicas now in the streets rather than in the clubs?

curiousdude
02-02-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm curious whether there is a trend in the DR of more chicas hitting the streets rather than working in "clubs" and by "clubs" I mean anything from the point-and-click whorehouses/massage joints like Passions in Sosua, takeout places like Girls House in Santo Domingo, or pickup places like Classicos/Merengue Bar in Sosua. My question results from recent posts by greydread and younghero. Greydread recently posted that in Santo Domingo, just a week or two ago, when he was last there, there were lots of hungry chicas in the streets, and you could get good deals, even though the clubs were overcharging and sometimes closing down early. Then more recently, younghero started a thread concerning a really bad guys-chicas ratio in Classicos.

I'm wondering if there is any relationship between these two events, whether there is any significance to be found here, or whether they are just flukes. Also, if there is some discernible trend that is actually resulting in more putas in the streets than in the clubs, what are the reasons for that? I'm wondering specifically if the relative lack of demand (fewer gringos) in Sosua might be making it less economical for chicas to live in Sosua on a regular basis, and thus there are more chicas going independent in their hometowns or cities? Or perhaps the clubs are not doing well, for similar or different reasons, and so they are closing early, or not drawing as many chicas into their clubs, thus forcing more chicas out into the streets? Or maybe the clubs are trying to take too much in the way of salidas and the chicas are rebelling?

I have no puta idea what the case is, but I would like to know the answer(s). Maybe I am imagining something that isn't happening. Anybody care to weigh in here?

prtyr2
02-02-2009, 08:48 PM
In a few outings the last few weeks I found:

Girls house about the same amount of chicas as normal

La Parada more than normal

Cats had 4 saturday night when many times they have 2-3

MC had more than I have ever seen there

Casa Teresa had more than I have seen recently but more than back in the heyday.

I remember 6-7 years ago there were never that many street walkers on Independencia. The only street walker areas were near the gas station by vesuvio. de noche on the malecon and the TVs on the way to teresa. When the economy tanked chicas started working independencia, sarasota near embajador and Tony Romas and avenida espana.

I don't think there are less chicas in the casas as there have been a few places opening up lately. Baby Dolls, Casa Alondra reopened. Playboys. Dream house had maybe 8 chicas last time I went when they used to have 2-3.

Nothing scientific but I would tend to say there are more chicas in casas not less, at least if only counting recent history.

Now if we think about all the joints that closed over the last 10 years:

Mona Lisa
Spa Michel
Suenos Real
Geisha Paradise
estafania
Princessa
Obi
d blanca or whatever the place in alma rosa II was called
la sama the dive near Aquarium in Isabelita owned by the ahole german dude
ruta 69 in haina
ciudad de angeles strip club on carretera mendoza
herminia
le petit chateau
hawaii
manola
2 other places in arroya hondo that I can't remember the names
anastasia strip club on Bolivar doomed from the start

I am sure mrhappy remembers tons more and going back further. Gotta say that there are places that have been open ofr 10 years which is rare in Boca or Sosua as SD joints feed mostly off of dominican customers, except for the ones like GH and Lapsus near major hotels.

Cuba Libre
02-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Now if we think about all the joints that closed over the last 10 years:

Mona Lisa
Spa Michel
Suenos Real
Geisha Paradise
estafania
Princessa
Obi
d blanca or whatever the place in alma rosa II was called
la sama the dive near Aquarium in Isabelita owned by the ahole german dude
ruta 69 in haina
ciudad de angeles strip club on carretera mendoza
herminia
le petit chateau
hawaii
manola
2 other places in arroya hondo that I can't remember the names
anastasia strip club on Bolivar doomed from the start

I am sure mrhappy remembers tons more and going back further. Gotta say that there are places that have been open ofr 10 years which is rare in Boca or Sosua as SD joints feed mostly off of dominican customers, except for the ones like GH and Lapsus near major hotels.Those were two of my favorite places. Don't forget Cisne (I think there were 2 of them) and Jazzy's.

greydread
02-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Those were two of my favorite places. Don't forget Cisne (I think there were 2 of them) and Jazzy's.

Jazzy's...who could forget Jazzy's. There was another Jazzy's (same motif) on the airport road from Punta Cana. I haven't been there since the one in Sto. Dgo. burned down. I wonder if it closed as I heard the same guy owned both.

There are probably about a hundred small venues that look like regular little bars with all Dominican clientelle and have half a dozen or so Chicas available for carry out. I've been to a dozen or so of them and really don't remember the names of any of them. We just went there for the cheap cervezas and to watch Liga games. And there are also a bunch of dive casas (like the two by the Acuarium) and many other venues that look like people's houses until you get inside with no signs or markings to indicate there are putas or a bar inside. I'm wondering if this is a way around the graft and official corruption. I know that cops hit up the casas all the time for their cut, having seen bagmen on premises at a few of them.

We used to have a driver who knew where everything in town was, was on buddy terms with most of the cops (ex LE) and took us to see shit that few other tourists ever knew about. He owns a pest control business, now.

Tiger
02-03-2009, 05:13 PM
I was in Sousa last week and there was an abundance of chicas everywhere on the main strip. It did not start heating up until around 10:00-10:30 PM. Classico's was jamed every night. On a good tip from OM, I would hit Classicos around 1:30 AM. A little after 2:00 a whole bunch of new chicas would arrive. OM says that they get off work about then and share taxis to town. They are not as hard core looking. It is so crowded up there that it hard to find a spot just to stand. All the chicas either dance to get noticed or just parade around the place. Just find a place to get a good view and take your pic. One night about closing time I couldn't make up my mind over two of them......so I took both. It was a riot!!

prtyr2
02-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Those were two of my favorite places. Don't forget Cisne (I think there were 2 of them) and Jazzy's.

Yep, I did forget Jazzys. I left cisne off as it sort of morphed into Girls House although cisne was MUCH better. Elegante also became sky bar.

The last I checked the woman that ran cisne before selling to Allen had a bar on the Malecon near the hilton called vaqueras wanted. I only went once years back but it appears to still be there.

I also forget waht allen's place across the bridge off of charles de gaulle was called but that is now Frontery.

Man. . .I know/knew alot of places for a guy that is not a "real monger". . . .lol. . .

Cheeno
02-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Mr. Williams, the former owner of Casa 52 was the very best, hands down.

Mr. William's son got married in Santo Domingo and he threw his son a VERY NICE bachelor party. :D