PDA

View Full Version : Lorenzo formerly from the Palace has passed away

Beads
02-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Just got back home Sunday night and was told last week by several friends of Lorenzo he passed away this last November.

Wasn't sure what section this belongs in or if anyone else is interested but I always got along well with the guy.

Supposedly he caught dengue very badly and after his funds ran out the hospital deported him to Haiti where he died shortly afterward.

Keep the mosquito repellent around!

Don Tomas
02-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Works for this section, so he caught dengue in the DR then?

Any more details?

Beads
02-03-2009, 06:12 PM
He was working as a moto conch the last time I was in town March 2008. This year his buddy he always worked with in between Merengue and Sosua Life saw me and told me.

Pretty sad. Said basically he got sick and when he couldn't pay anymore and the hospital or clinic bill got too high they deported him back to Haiti where he died.

I don't have any more information other than that.

psriches
02-03-2009, 06:22 PM
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Downtown
02-03-2009, 08:43 PM
He was working as a moto conch the last time I was in town March 2008. This year his buddy he always worked with in between Merengue and Sosua Life saw me and told me.

Pretty sad. Said basically he got sick and when he couldn't pay anymore and the hospital or clinic bill got too high they deported him back to Haiti where he died.

I don't have any more information other than that.

Getting deported to die..........How totally inhumane!!

MegaSquirt
02-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Do we have a picture of him?
I think I know him, he was always outside (Palace) ready to greet me at the gate. He was a nice fella too. That's terrible! :eek::eek:

officemgr
02-03-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm not so sure about this. I used him for ALL of my moto rides, but when I went looking for him a few trips back I was told that he went to Haiti and was stabbed. I remember discussing it with Maximus and we decided that there is no way to get reliable information in Sosua. Maybe other motos wanted some of his action or maybe anything.