PDA

View Full Version : Condo rental - The Palms - Sosua

Magnum
06-02-2006, 05:08 AM
The condos I am referring to are the same ones that Marco handles over at The Palms but the young lady who owns them asked me to post her contact info as well.

Brooke

829 352-9756

brooke1br@yahoo.com

She has 3 one bedrooms that Beas and I both rented this past week for $35/night. After being someone who has mainly stayed in hotels in DR - I am a convert - condos are the way to go!

Real nice girl, very friendly and helpful.

Hope this helps.

Kevy
06-02-2006, 06:48 AM
Here is her website, i stayed there in February and will be again in 3 weeks

http://sosuavacationrentals.com/

mirage6
06-02-2006, 07:54 AM
is this a safe place -i would not want someone climbing into my balcony and stealing all my shit from the room - also it says has 24 hr security i was curious does it have a guard and is this place chica friendly - and how far from sosua main strip is it - sorry for all the questions

Magnum
06-02-2006, 08:26 AM
is this a safe place -i would not want someone climbing into my balcony and stealing all my shit from the room - also it says has 24 hr security i was curious does it have a guard and is this place chica friendly - and how far from sosua main strip is it - sorry for all the questions

No safe in the rooms but there is an armed security guard sitting outside. Some of the windows have bars on them but I felt pretty good about leaving my stuff there and heading out.

It is about 5 - 10 (longer if you have short legs like Jimmy) minute walk to the main strip - less if you have a car.

Definitely chica (s) friendly. No hassle - nada. Just remember that it is a residential complex so you can not go too nuts with the noise, etc, etc.
My #1 choice is the condo route from now on.

Ram
06-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Very Safe....no one has access from the road other than through the main gate. Yes there is a guard 24hrs....he has a shotgun. Chica friendly yes but you have to be discrete. You can walk to the strip but I prefer motos at night....the highway can be a bit un-nerving and the dirt road that runs past the butcher is very dark. Its just up the road from Tradewinds(same road).
It is a very nice, quite place with very nice grounds and pool. (It has onsite laundry too).

Bug Boy
06-02-2006, 10:10 AM
My #1 choice is the condo route from now on.

ApartHotels are another good option.

BrooklynBeas
06-02-2006, 10:37 AM
I meant to post this for my baby Brooke... But Maggie beat me to it... I honestly wouldnt stay here unless i had a car... But then again i will never go again without renting...

Rocky
06-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Brooke certainly is a sweetie, and she really takes care of her guests.
As she lives right on the premises, she is more available than absentee landlords.
The coordination of all the rentals is done through Rocky's, as we are 3 friends with condos, and we try to juggle everything to best suit client's needs and meet all reservation requests.

Magnum
06-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Marco,

The only reason I posted this is because Brooke asked me too.

Jeez - now you are holding it against me that I mentioned that I am a friend of Apos!

Maybe next time you will shake my hand instead of giving me your elbow! LOL

Take care.

BrooklynBeas
06-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Marco, Once again thanks for helpin Magnum and I out this past week... Your the best even if you are friend with Apos! :)

Sorry i couldnt say gbye before i left for Santiago but you are always sleeping and your workers never want to wake u! LOL

See ya soon for sure!

Magnum
06-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Marco, Once again thanks for helpin Magnum and I out this past week... Your the best even if you are friend with Apos! :)

Sorry i couldnt say gbye before i left for Santiago but you are always sleeping and your workers never want to wake u! LOL

See ya soon for sure!

Stop kissing his ass!

His is always sleeping though....old age!

BrooklynBeas
06-02-2006, 11:21 AM
hahahaha... Hey its not so often you find a great guy that helps you out in this country let alone the DR..

Magnum
06-02-2006, 11:45 AM
hahahaha... Hey its not so often you find a great guy that helps you out in this country let alone the DR..

Ditto.............

Rocky
06-02-2006, 12:04 PM
The only reason I posted this is because Brooke asked me too.
I showed it to her and she was blushing red, like a ripe tomatoe.
I told her I was going to post her pic, and after recovering from the face slap, I decided it was best not to.

Jeez - now you are holding it against me that I mentioned that I am a friend of Apos!
Usually we charge Apos' friends double.

Maybe next time you will shake my hand instead of giving me your elbow! LOL
Man, you really didn't want to catch that damned Dominican Grippe.
Had me in bed for almost 2 weeks, but I did manage to keep myself entertained....

BrooklynBeas
06-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Marco... Ask Brooke when she is going to adopt me!!!

Magnum
06-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Marco... Ask Brooke when she is going to adopt me!!!

What the hell is she going to do with you?

BrooklynBeas
06-02-2006, 12:49 PM
LMAO... Im sure she can figure something out... Maybe she has plans...

:)

Youre a dick Maggie

Magnum
06-02-2006, 12:50 PM
LMAO... Im sure she can figure something out... Maybe she has plans...

:)

Youre a dick Maggie

Maybe she will get some frickin AC from you!

Not called Magnum for nothing brother!

BrooklynBeas
06-02-2006, 12:54 PM
She has AC... uhm, you dont though :)

OK enough... This is to promote the condos! :)

Rocky
06-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Man, if she was blushing just from reading the first post in this thread, I imagine she'll pop a gasket if I show her the rest.
Should I?
Shouldn't I?

Phoenix
06-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Usually we charge Apos' friends double.

For the record Rocky I don't know that Apos guy :D See you in November

SJG
06-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Marco,

Ask Brooke if she has ended her streak yet. The one she has been on since Janurary. She'll know. Prepare for a slap. Show her the rest of the thread too. :evilgrin:

Apos
06-02-2006, 09:55 PM
For the record Rocky I don't know that Apos guy :D See you in Novemberso THAT'S the thanks i get...eh?:rolleyes:

Phoenix
06-02-2006, 10:23 PM
so THAT'S the thanks i get...eh?:rolleyes:

Hey I can't have my chica budget reduced buddy! :mrgreen:

gdogg
06-02-2006, 11:45 PM
I enjoyed my stay at The Palms. I see Beas point concerning having a car, I walked my ASS off!! I'd definitely stay there again though!

Rocky
06-03-2006, 03:23 AM
so THAT'S the thanks i get...eh?:rolleyes:
It's a thankless job, Dude....

psriches
06-03-2006, 02:12 PM
My #1 choice is the condo route from now on.After a few more trips of "condo" life, it will be time to step it up to the "scarface mansion" level!! That's when vacation begins..............

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/obsti/scarfacemansion.jpg

Kevy
06-03-2006, 02:13 PM
I think a couple more for me, before I am at that level.

cylinder
06-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Well the infamous Brooke actually had to sign up for an "ISOC" account to post on this thread!!!

To answer a couple questions....

~YES the streak still is going strong and on the 22 of this month, will celebrate FIVE months!

~Beas, Your adoption papers are being processed as we speak. Hope you are prepared. :p

~In regards to safety at the Palms, there is an armed security guard and bars on the balconies. No safes yet, I hope to have some put in at some point though. For the most part though, I feel as safe living there as I have anywhere else.

~Magnum, thank you for your kind words about me and the condos. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself there. And I'm sorry I didn't get the other keys to you...I had a bit of a run in with a moto-concho and ended up being detained, first at the police station and then at Rockys! (Hey, Rockys is a good place to be detained!) The cable in that condo has since been fixed and all is bueno!

~You guys hit the nail right on the head with this being a residential complex and having respect for other owners and renters with your discretion.

Thanks again for everyones kind words. And Marco has yet to be granted permission to release any pictures of ME on In Search Of Chicas! :eek:

Magnum
06-05-2006, 07:39 AM
Not problem with the other keys....I kept myself entertained sorta speak.....no streak for me!

Be careful Brooke....you hang around here too much and your streak will be bye bye!

Blushing yet???????????????????

cylinder
06-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Oh I'm not scared of you boys...Of course I can talk real tough online but anyone who has met me in real life can for sure tell all that I am easily made to blush.

I'm glad the beds in my rental condos get more action than the one in my own bedroom....as sad as that is!