PDA

View Full Version : Alex & Albert train for WBC

NewsWhore
02-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Though national attention is currently focused on the DR's participation in the Serie del Caribe, which is taking place in Mexicali, Mexico, news about the DR's team for the World Baseball Classic 2009 is sure to be a hot topic in the next few days. During a press conference at the Rawlings Stadium in Boca Chica some of the players who will play in the WBC spoke to the press and took to the field for some light practice and drills. Among the players present was Albert Pujols, coming from one of the most productive seasons in MLB history, and Alex Rodriguez, considered by many the best and at times most controversial player in the game today. "I've already played for the US, during the first WBC, but I am sure my mother, Lourdes Navarro, will cry when I go out on that field wearing the DR uniform." Pujols, who if healthy will be the anchor of this team, said that he is honored to play under the guidance of coach Felipe Alou.
On a related topic, CDN announced it would televise the WBC Games from 5-23 March, enabling local audiences to follow the action.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#12)