PDA

View Full Version : Empty Sub-Forum

Bug Boy
06-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Can you believe this is the first post in Hotels & Condos in Santo Domingo. Can someone add some information to this sub-forum.

Bug Boy
06-03-2006, 06:09 AM
Can you believe this is the first post in Hotels & Condos in Santo Domingo. Can someone add some information to this sub-forum.

This is what I found out......There is information on Santo Domingo Hotels but it is located in the "old forums". How can I access the old forums without having to find an old post and working backwards.

Jayman, why do you think this is a useless post? I want Santo Domingo Hotel information!

weyland
06-03-2006, 06:59 AM
... but it is located in the "old forums". How can I access the old forums ...

What's this about "old forums"? Have we archived stuff? That could explain why I cannot find stuff I know was on here somewhere. I thought it had been wiped.

How about a brief tutorial, DT (when you surface again), for those of us who may be cybernetically challenged?

And, yes, herbf, we need info on affordable chica-friendly hotels in SD. I may pluck up the courage to make my debut in the big city on my forthcoming trip, so thanks for pointing it out.

Bug Boy
06-03-2006, 07:12 AM
How about a brief tutorial, DT (when you surface again), for those of us who may be cybernetically challenged?
Weyland I guess us older guys ain't got our shit going on. I used the Forum Navigation feature, did the scroll thru shit to find a forum "Santo Domingo - Hotels & Condos." (this forum) Well there isn't a bit of information. I know better because I remember reading info on hotels is SD.

I now use the search feature and find several posts on SD hotels. The posts are located in Santo Domingo & Boca Chica, RD / Hotels in SD. My assumption is these are the old forums before the format was changed and remain in the land of the missing unless you do a backwards search. I found enough info to get me started planning my Boca Chica / Santo Domingo trip.

Since you will be in the DR for an extended stay you could easily do an overnighter in BC. Going solo is no problem.

Phoenix
06-03-2006, 09:39 AM
I would rather see fresh intel from HerbF, I trust your opinion on hotels.

psriches
06-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Fresh info is good but we had 200 useful and current posts of information including hotel names, locations, rates, pictures, directions, reviews, etc.............. I can't believe that it's gone. How do we get it back?

Bug Boy
06-03-2006, 11:08 AM
............ I can't believe that it's gone. How do we get it back?

It's not really gone, just in the land of the missing. Do a search for La Residence for example. You will find several posts. Than if you go to the right and click on the "old forum" link you will get there.

Once I found the link I have enough info already posted to start my quest in finding a hotel in SD. I am looking to do a 5 day Boca Chica and 5 day Santo Domingo trip soon. I have never been to SD other than Caribe Bus Terminal so I am a SD newbie. I have to start at the beginning.

Bug Boy
06-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Here is a link

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=275

You can find the info working backwards. If you are new to the board or just don't feel like searching all over the place you can never find the info using the Forum Navigation Menu.

psriches
06-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Negative, when we switched over to the new format, i understood that the old information would be transferred. I myself, contributed alot of info with pics. What good is it to have to search if you don't have a name? This is crazy........

Kevy
06-03-2006, 11:19 AM
This might be an error when the switch was made to the three sections. maybe DT can fix it.

Bug Boy
06-03-2006, 11:22 AM
What good is it to have to search if you don't have a name? This is crazy........
Thanks, I guess this is a useful post. Use the Forum Navigation Menu and look at the Main Santo Domingo Forum. You will see there is very little info on SD. I think it was less than 100 posts. I know the info is out there because I remember reading a lot. For a newbie, he would say this board ain't got shit on SD.

Bug Boy
06-04-2006, 07:46 AM
This might be an error when the switch was made to the three sections. maybe DT can fix it.

I hope so. The problem exists in every forum. I used the Forum Navigation tool to find Boca Chica Trip Reports. I found one report. I know there are a half of dozen reports on the board. Some really great reports with pics. If you didn't know they were on the board and did a backwards search you would never find them.

I hope something can be done because a lot of members, especially the new ones, are missing a lot of valuable information.

Bug Boy
06-05-2006, 07:54 AM
I am replying to my own reply. I don't want to see this thread get lost. There is a problem finding older post with the new Forum Navagation tool.

If you respond to an old thread your "new" response gets lost in the old forums. Take some time and click on several sub-forums using the Forum Navagation tool and you will get a better picture of how much stuff is missing. Sure I know how to find it. But for new members or lazy members it doesn't paint such a pretty picture of the amount of info that is really available on ISOC.

psriches
06-05-2006, 07:16 PM
I agree with you and some of the business members here have touched on these types of things many times. But it seems as though the majority want it the way it is. So gone are the days of researching information. Now if you want info, you have to come to us. It's more "clickish" than "global" but as a HQ member, i had to go with the majority.

Jimmydr
06-05-2006, 07:49 PM
I am replying to my own reply. I don't want to see this thread get lost. There is a problem finding older post with the new Forum Navagation tool.

If you respond to an old thread your "new" response gets lost in the old forums. Take some time and click on several sub-forums using the Forum Navagation tool and you will get a better picture of how much stuff is missing. Sure I know how to find it. But for new members or lazy members it doesn't paint such a pretty picture of the amount of info that is really available on ISOC.

Well as more people go, more reviews will get posted. There may be 100 or more Hotels that we have to choose from.

Bug Boy
06-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Well as more people go, more reviews will get posted. There may be 100 or more Hotels that we have to choose from.

I am lost on that statement. As long as you and the other powers to be are satisified with the forum confusion I'll leave it be.

Jimmydr
06-05-2006, 07:54 PM
I am lost on that statement. As long as you and the other powers to be are satisified with the forum confusion I'll leave it be.

You want to check out the world and have reviews. I and many others are very happy with landing in 1 place and getting all we need. Call me lazy, but a BBBJ and coffee is all I need now.

Kevy
06-05-2006, 07:57 PM
He wants a fix, so all the older posts are lined up with the new sections. Right now you can't access them directly.

Jimmydr
06-05-2006, 07:58 PM
He wants a fix, so all the older posts are lined up with the new sections. Right now you can't access them directly.

How do you do that?

Bug Boy
06-05-2006, 08:00 PM
You want to check out the world and have reviews. I and many others are very happy with landing in 1 place and getting all we need. Call me lazy, but a BBBJ and coffee is all I need now.

The picture is a little clearer now. You can use the Forum Navigation Tool and as long as you want Sosua information you can find posts dated back to 2004. If you want older posts for different cities than tough luck.

Kevy
06-05-2006, 08:01 PM
I don't know, I think whe DT changed to the 3 forums, he changed the names of some of the sections, so the old thread aren't lined up right. He might have be involved, when he has time.

Bug Boy
06-05-2006, 08:03 PM

Exactly.

I can find them but a newbie would be lost. Isn't this board about getting new members? If so, make all posts easily accessible.

the_Jayman
06-05-2006, 08:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/the_jayman/da11d3bb.jpg

Jayman, why do you think this is a useless post? I want Santo Domingo Hotel information!

although the "Fuck You" button was originally designed and implemented with the idea of it being used to point out "worthless" topics or posts, I tend to drink and log onto ISOC and click that fucker at will . . . i read that post and said "fuck you"

i think I like that button more than the "New Posts" button . . .

(no disrespect intended ! !)

you guys should know me better than that by now ! ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and now back to our regularly scheduled programing ! !

Bug Boy
06-05-2006, 08:05 PM
he changed the names of some of the sections, so the old thread aren't lined up right.

Precisely what it is!

Jimmydr
06-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Exactly.

I can find them but a newbie would be lost. Isn't this board about getting new members? If so, make all posts easily accessible.

New members, we get plenty. Those that want to post will post. 98% of all members on all boards are lurkers.

Don Tomas
06-05-2006, 09:49 PM
What's this about "old forums"? Have we archived stuff? That could explain why I cannot find stuff I know was on here somewhere. I thought it had been wiped.

And, yes, herbf, we need info on affordable chica-friendly hotels in SD. I may pluck up the courage to make my debut in the big city on my forthcoming trip, so thanks for pointing it out.

I was organizing all of the DR cities into standarized categories.

City Name - General Information
- Chicas
- News & Events
- Regular Clubs
- Sex Clubs
- Hotels & Condos
- Recreation
- Restaurants & Other Services
- Trip Reports

I did all the cities except for SD/BC. It's on my list of things to do.

Don Tomas
06-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Fresh info is good but we had 200 useful and current posts of information including hotel names, locations, rates, pictures, directions, reviews, etc.............. I can't believe that it's gone. How do we get it back?

All the old posts are still there, if you notice the old forum is at the bottom of the DR section.

Santo Domingo & Boca Chica, RD (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=485)
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=485