PDA

View Full Version : First Week of July

milone
06-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Some of you may remember me - I've been to the DR about 4 or 5 times over the last 3 years - last time was about a year ago. I always stayed at the Palace, but it looks like that place is pretty much dead, plus I've been meaning to give Blackbeard's a try.

I haven't made my plane reservations just yet, but I've been looking on Orbitz and it looks like there are some halfway decent deals on flights the first week of July - I live outside of Seattle, but I'll be in Indy that weekend for the US Grand Prix, and it looks like I can triangle it Indy-POP-Seattle without getting ripped off too outrageously.

So who's going to be around the first week of July? Tentative plan is to get there the evening of 7/3 and stay a week.

Hope to see you guys there!!

MrNatural (AKA Santa Claus)

Jimmydr
06-03-2006, 12:03 PM
We have about 20 guys coming that week. We have taken over The Palace and many condos in Sosua!

Beads
06-03-2006, 12:13 PM
yep well be in Sosua.

milone
06-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Hmmm - I wonder if I'll be able to get in at Blackbeard's - I just filled out their reservation form a few minutes ago.

If I can't get in there, do you know of any places in Sosua I could try?

Jimmydr
06-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Hmmm - I wonder if I'll be able to get in at Blackbeard's - I just filled out their reservation form a few minutes ago.

If I can't get in there, do you know of any places in Sosua I could try?

Only 1 ISOC member will be there I think, the rest of us will be in Sosua. There is the Europa, The Palace and Condos available.

milone
06-03-2006, 01:30 PM
So there's still rooms available at the Palace? What's happening with the place? I read a couple of posts that said he'd pretty much let it go totally to shit since he decided to sell it.

Jimmydr
06-03-2006, 01:37 PM
So there's still rooms available at the Palace? What's happening with the place? I read a couple of posts that said he'd pretty much let it go totally to shit since he decided to sell it.

There is 1 room available July 5 and 3 the rest of the time. We had a blast in May.

milone
06-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Well I heard back from Blackbeards, and they do have rooms, so I think I'll give it a try. I've just about worked up the cojones to rent a car, so I'll probably drive into Sosua a couple of days and stop by the Palace to say hello.

See you then!!

knotty
06-03-2006, 02:40 PM
damnit, I miss you again Santa Claus. Mr. Natural, one of the coolest man to chill with.

remyman41
06-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Mr. Natural, I will be at Blackbeards from 6/30-7/5, looking forward to meeting you

milone
06-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Sorry, Dredd - maybe next time!! This year I'm definitely gonna try for either Thanksgiving or Xmas.

newyorkcitycarl2006
06-07-2006, 10:21 PM
is there anything going on in june 14 20

the_Jayman
06-07-2006, 10:53 PM

TOTALLY UNFOUNDED RIDICULOUS ALLEGATIONS ! ! from Palace John haters ! !

The Palace Hotel and Ball Room is better than ever ! !

I'm try'n to get a room there for that weekend ! !

milone
06-10-2006, 01:20 PM
TOTALLY UNFOUNDED RIDICULOUS ALLEGATIONS ! ! from Palace John haters ! !

The Palace Hotel and Ball Room is better than ever ! !

I'm try'n to get a room there for that weekend ! !

Thought you liked it at Blackbeards?

Like I said, I'm gonna give BB a try, and rent a car so I can get into Sosua (or Cristal's, or Bohen, or Ana Miriam) whenever I want. Has anybody asked BB to get them a car? What sort of rates do they get? (I'm taking a cab from the airport to BB when I get in Monday night; I'm on the late flight, and I've only been to BB a couple of times, so I don't want to hassle with trying to find the place in the dark) Or would I just be better off taking a motoconcho to the airport Tuesday afternoon, and picking up a car from one of the big agencies there?

Also, what's the going rate for ST/TLN with the girls at BB these days?

Choirboy
06-10-2006, 03:40 PM
1300 S/T, 2500 TLN. That's the maximum they can charge, so you can negotiate if you feel the need.

I'll be there from 6/30 until 7/9. Looking forward to meeting you. It's nice to know some one else
from the Pacific Northwest makes the trip.

Beads
06-10-2006, 04:21 PM
looks like some people gonna be at blackbeards. have fun guys.

mirage6
06-10-2006, 07:59 PM
BB is awesome i loved it espically the penthouse suite - if you are intrested i have a name and number of a cabie that llives in santiago that can pick you up and bring you to BB for 65 us dollar and he speaks english - that is if you are flying into santigo let me know pm me

Jimmydr
06-11-2006, 11:15 AM
BB is awesome i loved it espically the penthouse suite - if you are intrested i have a name and number of a cabie that llives in santiago that can pick you up and bring you to BB for 65 us dollar and he speaks english - that is if you are flying into santigo let me know pm me

There are Tourist Taxis at the airport with posted rates as well.

milone
06-11-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm flying into POP this trip (on the American Eagle flight from San Juan that gets in at 8:30), so I let Blackbeards setup the pickup.

I may want to use your guy around Thanksgiving, tho - JetBlue's rates into STI look incredible!!!

See you guys at Lou's on the 4th!!!!

ChicaRider
06-11-2006, 04:17 PM
I'll be there from next weekend until July 17th. Looking forward to meeting some new ISOC brethren and hanging with some old (sorta) friends... well they *seem* like old friends!! I have a place on te beach in Cabarete, but spend alot of time in Sosua... of course ;) I really miss the daily Clisante Stroll though...

mirage6
06-11-2006, 06:04 PM
IF YOUR FLYING INTO pop you should talk to scot if you bring him some liquor he will pick you up fro free

Bug Boy
06-12-2006, 01:35 PM
IF YOUR FLYING INTO pop you should talk to scot if you bring him some liquor he will pick you up fro free

I THINK THAT OFFER IS TO DROP YOU OFF IN SOSUA NOT COSTAMBAR

Beads
06-12-2006, 06:22 PM
yea i think so also. Costumbar would be out of his way by quite a bit.

THEGAME
06-12-2006, 06:27 PM
So all you need to buy is a bottle of booze & scott will pick you up & pay you for the booze? I know, I usually pay like $20 for a ride into Sosua, if that's the case, that's 600 Pesos saved & 2/3 rd's towards a massage form LaPassions!!

Kevy
06-12-2006, 06:32 PM
You should Pm him. I think he will tell you what he needs.

Jimmydr
06-12-2006, 10:24 PM
So all you need to buy is a bottle of booze & scott will pick you up & pay you for the booze? I know, I usually pay like $20 for a ride into Sosua, if that's the case, that's 600 Pesos saved & 2/3 rd's towards a massage form LaPassions!!

Its a 4 minute ride that uses 50 cents in gas and the guy saves $10 or more with that booze. Well worth it for both parties.

mirage6
06-13-2006, 10:13 AM
I THINK THAT OFFER IS TO DROP YOU OFF IN SOSUA NOT COSTAMBAR

yes you are right i did not realize he was going to costamarbar SORRY about that