PDA

View Full Version : Money Cheat Sheets!

Don Tomas
02-18-2009, 12:03 PM
I didn't like the fact that our members had to go to DRSol to get a cheat sheet for money values. So I made some!

It contains 4 major currencies

US Dollar (USD)
Canadian Dollar (CAD)
Euro (EUR)
British Pound (GBP)
And 7 minor currencies

Dominican Republic Peso (DOP)
Colombian Peso (COP)
Brazil Real (BRL)
Thai Baht (THB)
Philippine Peso (PHP).
Costa Rican Colón (CRC)
Peruvian Nuevo Sol (PEN)
The currencies are interlinked as you will see on the Money Cheat Sheet page, see my signature or click here (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/exchange.php).

The rates are updated twice a day at 7am/7pm Eastern Time US, no they are not live, but you are printing them out anyways!

One note, I expanded upon DRSol's cheat sheet not only adding several currencies but making the native banknotes/coins bold so they are easier to find on the sheet.

The print out sheet is very plain but it does print out on one page.

If you would like to see additional currencies added please use a write-in vote with the poll and vote for your suggestion(s).

Thanks,

PS. No comments about me mixing up commas and periods, the Euro sheets are correct, just looking out for our Euro members.

PPS. And Weyland while I am quite sure you have never seen a £100 note in your life:rofl:, they do make them so hence why it's bold.

PapiQueRico
02-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Thanks DT, this is great!

thunderstar
02-18-2009, 12:33 PM
I second PQR - this is great - even though the £ is shit right now!
Thanks DT

Don Tomas
02-18-2009, 01:37 PM
I second PQR - this is great - even though the £ is shit right now!
Thanks DT

Well I can't change the rates, sorry.

BTW I forgot to mention, yes the page where you print the sheet looks like shit, but I wanted it to be plain for easier printing.

MegaSquirt
02-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Nice, I like the boldface!
I knew someone will eventually find a better cheatsheet. :wink::wink:
How often these will be updated?

Jimmydr
02-18-2009, 07:19 PM
I just pulled it up and its great.

Don Tomas
02-18-2009, 07:20 PM

The rates are updated once a day at midnight from Yahoo Finance as a cron job. The sheet is dynamically generated from the rates. So I don't have to do anything more.

I probably won't make the printing page prettier, I know it's off center but it prints out on a single page and you cut the sheets anyways.

As for constant updates. You are printing them anyways so no need for constant updating.

Don Tomas
02-18-2009, 07:29 PM
PS. If anyone has any good suggestions for other currencies let me know.

Jimmydr
02-18-2009, 07:30 PM
PS. If anyone has any good suggestions for other currencies let me know.

Costa Rica & Peru would be useful.

weyland
02-18-2009, 08:18 PM
And Weyland, while I am quite sure you have never seen a £100 note in your life:rofl:, they do make them so hence it's bold.
Nope, never have.

I am surprised you list sterling as a major currency. I hope it is on the way out, but too late to save my finances.

Jimmydr
02-18-2009, 08:26 PM
This tool is great. I love it.

yayow
02-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Great job D.T. Thanka much.

passasabe
02-19-2009, 02:06 AM
Much appreciated DT now I wont have to bring my abacus with me:rofl:

I didn't like the fact that our members had to go to DRSol to get a cheat sheet for money values.

So I made some!

It contains 4 major currencies; US Dollar, Canadian Dollar, the Euro, & the British Pound.

And 5 minor currencies; DR Peso, Colombian Peso, Brazil Real, Thai Baht, and Philippine Peso.

The currencies are interlinked as you will see on the Money Cheat Sheet page, see my signature or click here (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/exchange.php).

The rates are updated daily, no they are not live, but you are printing them out anyways!

One note, I expanded upon DRSol's cheat sheet not only adding several currencies but making the native banknotes/coins bold so they are easier to find on the sheet.

PS. No comments about me mixing up commas and periods, the Euro sheets are correct, just looking out for our Euro members.
PPS. And Weyland while I am quite sure you have never seen a £100 note in your life:rofl:, they do make them so hence why it's bold.

Don Tomas
02-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Much appreciated DT now I wont have to bring my abacus with me:rofl:

An abacus can rock when you know how to use it!

Don Tomas
02-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Costa Rica & Peru would be useful.

These two currencies have been added.

Please use the Write-In poll feature to suggest additional currencies.

Don Tomas
02-20-2009, 01:21 PM

I have changed the update times to twice a day, with this economy you never know with swings.

7am/7pm Eastern Time US.

curiousdude
02-21-2009, 01:31 PM
These two currencies have been added.

Please use the Write-In poll feature to suggest additional currencies.
Thanks, DT. I'll be making good use of this on my first trip to CR soon. Great tool!

Aren
02-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Very handy, it's bookmarked.....

(Bank of England doesn't issue £100 notes but Bank of Scotland and Northern Ireland do, and they are legal tenders in UK.)

leeway99
02-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Handy tool, thanks DT!

Don Tomas
02-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Very handy, it's bookmarked.....

(Bank of England doesn't issue £100 notes but Bank of Scotland and Northern Ireland do, and they are legal tenders in UK.)

I was aware of that but as you said they are legal tender.

SJG
03-01-2009, 03:03 PM
I probably won't make the printing page prettier, I know it's off center but it prints out on a single page and you cut the sheets anyways.

As for constant updates. You are printing them anyways so no need for constant updating.

Why print? I can just pull it up on my iPhone.

Don Tomas
03-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Why print? I can just pull it up on my iPhone.

And pay international rates, if you have a signal, if some chica doesn't steal it when you are asleep.

SJG
03-01-2009, 06:06 PM
And pay international rates, if you have a signal, if some chica doesn't steal it when you are asleep.

Nope. No international data roaming on my phone. I will just link it to the hotel's wifi. And, everything goes in the safe. The safe key is protected by a combo lock. This isn't my first time, ya know. ;)

Don Tomas
03-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Nope. No international data roaming on my phone. I will just link it to the hotel's wifi. And, everything goes in the safe. The safe key is protected by a combo lock. This isn't my first time, ya know. ;)

I realize it's not your first time but it can't be in the safe all of the time. Or it would be hard to read the rates....:rolleyes:

Don Tomas
03-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Tropic Bob:

Colombian Pesos are already on the cheat sheet.

Jimbo44
03-24-2009, 01:16 PM
I printed one out, made copies, and gave them to my friend here at work who is taking 7 of his buddies to the DR in April, this is why i am going so soon again in April. he had the guy in the mail room laminate them both sides, and now he is looking at prices on Jet Blue, We will soon have 8 guys!!

Kennilingus
03-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Hey DT,

Great job on the cheat sheet DT!!!

Any chance of getting the Mexican Peso added to the cheat sheet?

Don Tomas
03-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Hey DT,

Great job on the cheat sheet DT!!!

Any chance of getting the Mexican Peso added to the cheat sheet?

will do

chilibrick
07-12-2009, 08:19 PM
thanks. will come in handy for my asian trips. is it possible to get a singapore cheat sheet?

Hoseman
07-12-2009, 08:44 PM
thanks. will come in handy for my asian trips. is it possible to get a singapore cheat sheet?Just.Don't go around there Spray Painting Shit.:biggrin: