PDA

View Full Version : i'm looking for an inexpensive hotel in Sosua...

Apos
06-04-2006, 01:09 PM
someplace not normally talked about here....so no:

romanoff
europa
rocky's
condos

any suggstions?

Don Andreas
Don Antonio, by the texaco...thanks Marco!

Beads
06-04-2006, 01:15 PM
just stay at the palace hotel and ballroom with the rest of us vikings! I heard theres 2 rooms left!

Apos
06-04-2006, 01:18 PM
just stay at the palace hotel and ballroom with the rest of us vikings! I heard theres 2 rooms left!
it's not for me....:mrgreen:

Beads
06-04-2006, 01:23 PM
I love the place. Its like party central! I sometimes tend to have problems in the more family oriented hotels.

Apos
06-04-2006, 01:26 PM
I love the place. Its like party central! I sometimes tend to have problems in the more family oriented hotels. i mean it's for someone else...i have a condo :)
i like the palace just fine:wink:

Bug Boy
06-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Casa Valeria

romanoff
europa
rocky's
condos

any suggstions?

Don Andreas

Apos
06-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Casa Valeria perhaps too close to home but a good choice.

also the waterfront can be reasonable but no television?

Apos
06-04-2006, 01:53 PM
http://www.atlantico-sosua.com/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=59
Apart Hotel Atlantico

i think this is the answer!:D

Price list

April 16 - November 30 Room with 2 single or 1 double bed 20,00 US$ - 18,00 € Room with AC 25,00 US$ - 20,00 €

December 1 - April 15 Room with 2 single or 1 double bed 25,00 US$ - 20,00 € Room with AC 30,00 US$ - 25,00 €

Specials Breakfast buffet incl. coffee 5,00 US$ - 4,00 € Laundry (weekly) 5,00 US$ - 4,00 € Transfer from/to Airport Puerto Plata FOR FREE Room Safe FOR FREE
All prices are per room (not per person, however with 2 persons + 5 US$ per day), per day and incl. Tax. Special rates for long-term stays (more than 3 weeks) are negotiable.
Book now your dream-holidays in the caribbean in our hotel:
via our c (http://www.atlantico-sosua.com/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=3)ontactform (http://www.atlantico-sosua.com/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=3)
via E-Mail:hotelatlantico@verizon.net.do (hotelatlantico@verizon.net.do)
via Phone or Fax: 001-809-571-2367

Beads
06-04-2006, 02:07 PM
wow that looks nice. think theyd let us have an orgy in their whirlpool?

Apos
06-04-2006, 02:14 PM
wow that looks nice. think theyd let us have an orgy in their whirlpool?i'll let you know:rolleyes::D

Bug Boy
06-04-2006, 02:16 PM
also the waterfront can be reasonable but no television?

No tv can be the deal breaker. I was going to mention Atlantico on Martinez next but I see you have the info. Atlantico is a moto at night hotel.

Apos
06-04-2006, 02:18 PM
No tv can be the deal breaker. I was going to mention Atlantico on Martinez next but I see you have the info. Atlantico is a moto at night hotel.

thanks herb...how far east is it? playa chiquita?

Bug Boy
06-04-2006, 02:29 PM
thanks herb...how far east is it? playa chiquita?

About 2 blocks west of Don Andres. I would walk to the strip at night but I know some don't like to walk at night. Daytime like any place no problem. Atlantico seems to be on the same level as Don Andres. For the money I think it is a good deal. Both from the outside appear neat and clean. In most cases if the outside is clean the inside follows suit.

I think it was Sosua News that ran an article about 6 months ago on Hotel Atlantico. The new owner was in the process of completly remodeling the place. Check Sosua News archives you should find it.

Apos
06-04-2006, 02:43 PM
thanks, i thought it was close. i've walked that area many times at all hours...but then again i said that about the german bakery area:rolleyes:

Bug Boy
06-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Apos here is the Sosua News link

http://www.sosuanews.com/nav_sosuanieuws.php?page=nieuws_2004/nieuws_11-2004/hotel_atlantico_19-11.php

Rocky
06-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Atlantico is a lot farther than 2 blocks from Don Andres.
It's in front of Coco Hotel, about 2/3 of the way to Playa Chiquita from Ayuntamiento street, the street with the Super Super, Romanoff, Eddy's.
I never walk around here, but I would guess a 15 minute walk from Don Andres.
Hope that helps.
Does it have to have a TV?
What price range?

Kevy
06-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Apos, If you remember the show by Olfa, it is around that area.

Apos
06-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Apos, If you remember the show by Olfa, it is around that area.

that's what i thought originally...too far for me to stay but....perhaps perfect:mrgreen:

Apos
06-04-2006, 05:04 PM
there's another small hotel on the south side of that street...can't remember the name but many have stayed there....more apartments that a hotel really but can't think of the name offhand. not the voromar

Apos
06-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Atlantico is a lot farther than 2 blocks from Don Andres.
It's in front of Coco Hotel, about 2/3 of the way to Playa Chiquita from Ayuntamiento street, the street with the Super Super, Romanoff, Eddy's.
I never walk around here, but I would guess a 15 minute walk from Don Andres.
Hope that helps.
Does it have to have a TV?
What price range?

thanks,

yes, it should have a TV

looking for $20 to $30...in that range

not too close to the action but not too far away if you follow...

Apos
06-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Apos here is the Sosua News link

http://www.sosuanews.com/nav_sosuanieuws.php?page=nieuws_2004/nieuws_11-2004/hotel_atlantico_19-11.php

thanks herb...good link

Bug Boy
06-04-2006, 05:18 PM
thanks herb...good link

It looks pretty good for the money. I was going to stay there a few days in January but somehow I ended up at On the Waterfront.

Apos
06-04-2006, 05:57 PM
there's another small hotel on the south side of that street...can't remember the name but many have stayed there....more apartments that a hotel really but can't think of the name offhand. not the voromar Villa Cheesa i think it is!:eek:

http://www.best-hotel-sosua.com/index.php?def_lang=en&link_mode=8

TG37
06-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Apos is this going to be for the 2nd stringers??

Apos
06-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Apos is this going to be for the 2nd stringers?? first string, regulars that must be kept out of play when the boys are hunting...sending them to the salon everyday isn't going to work for long:rolleyes:

TG37
06-04-2006, 06:27 PM
first string, regulars that must be kept out of play when the boys are hunting...sending them to the salon everyday isn't going to work for long:rolleyes:

hey I can help you out!! Trust me!:mrgreen:

Apos
06-04-2006, 06:33 PM
hey I can help you out!! Trust me!:mrgreen:

gee, thanks!:bigthumbup:

if we wanted them out whoring around....nevermind:rolleyes:

TG37
06-04-2006, 06:44 PM
gee, thanks!:bigthumbup:

if we wanted them out whoring around....nevermind:rolleyes:

Apos i just thought I would offer !! You know where my place is if you change your mind!

Apos
06-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Apos i just thought I would offer !! You know where my place is if you change your mind!jejejejeje:rolleyes::corky:

Beads
06-04-2006, 07:17 PM
hide them at the palace in A-1 nobody will ever find them!

Beads
06-04-2006, 07:18 PM
first string, regulars that must be kept out of play when the boys are hunting...sending them to the salon everyday isn't going to work for long:rolleyes:

Hunting in the salons is fair game!

hrmm a good reason for a manicure/peticure and to see whats getting an oil change in there also.

TG37
06-04-2006, 07:21 PM
all of Sosua is fair game!

Rocky
06-04-2006, 08:48 PM
there's another small hotel on the south side of that street...can't remember the name but many have stayed there....more apartments that a hotel really but can't think of the name offhand. not the voromar
Isla Bonita.

Rocky
06-04-2006, 08:50 PM
thanks,

yes, it should have a TV

looking for $20 to $30...in that range

not too close to the action but not too far away if you follow...
Damned hard to find budget hotels with TV's.
What about a condo?
On a weekly basis, it would be in your price range, or is that too far?

Rocky
06-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Villa Cheesa i think it is!:eek:

http://www.best-hotel-sosua.com/index.php?def_lang=en&link_mode=8
Villa Chessa is almost directly accross the street from Voramar, a couple of hundred feet to the East.

Kevy
06-04-2006, 08:54 PM
These damn newbis never know what they really want.:D

Apos
06-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Damned hard to find budget hotels with TV's.
What about a condo?
On a weekly basis, it would be in your price range, or is that too far? :mrgreen: http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showpost.php?p=191917&postcount=25 :mrgreen:

it's to stash our regular chicas...we want them out of the way so we can play...control the environment...TV is essential...cartoon, novellas:corky:

unless we take the 2br at el neptuno and just 1 condo at the tradewinds...hmmmm, decisions, decisions;)

all of a sudden this is getting expensive:lol:

incase anyone is keeping score the 2br is booked :( ....but we like the tradewinds just fine! :)
(there are always other options though)

Marco just made a call and found a great solution...gotta love the guy!:corky:

sicpup71
06-04-2006, 09:06 PM

romanoff
europa
rocky's
condos

any suggstions?

Don Andreas

whats the name of the place past LaPassion on the other side of the street about a block or so down,has a gate then big grass area with bar area on the left and room on the right. sorry just can't think of the name, looked real nice.

Apos
06-04-2006, 09:12 PM
whats the name of the place past LaPassion on the other side of the street about a block or so down,has a gate then big grass area with bar area on the left and room on the right. sorry just can't think of the name, looked real nice.
el colibri...the hummingbird...NOT chica friendly :(
http://www.elcolibri.net/

Apos
06-04-2006, 09:14 PM
nice place though:wink:

sicpup71
06-04-2006, 10:13 PM

yep that the place , and i think if you keep it quite it's ok. just no fucking in the pool.i was talking to a guy that was staying there and he said they were col if you don't get too loud. (sorry jayman)

Rocky
06-05-2006, 01:59 AM
yep that the place , and i think if you keep it quite it's ok. just no fucking in the pool.i was talking to a guy that was staying there and he said they were col if you don't get too loud. (sorry jayman)
Unless they have changed their policies in the last few months, they are very much NOT guest friendly and higher priced that the "Apos Stash Your Main Chicks" budget.

continentalmike
06-05-2006, 05:06 AM
Don Andreas is not chica friendly if you are changing a lot of chica's.. they have a large contract with a dutch travel agency and have cut down on the interchangeable whoring... regulares are ok though you can still stash them there. There is TV in the appartments, pool is nice and the bar is good..

Morpheus
07-03-2006, 07:10 PM
So has anyone stayed at Villa Chessa? From the pics at the website it looks pretty sweet.

I am arriving this sun...anyone want to split that 2 bed guesthouse? Pretty sweet deal at $25/person.

seedGarden
08-29-2006, 04:17 PM
the only problem with this place is that its a bit of a walk.....I went there with Brooklyn357 last year, nice place but too far from the action for me.

Dark Knight
08-29-2006, 10:21 PM
I stayed there for the first part of my trip back in 2004. It's a very nice place. The owners are good people. I would highly recommend them, if you're not a monger.

They are not chica friendly. I snuck in chicas a couple of times. The last one tried to extort 5000 RD out of me for doing absolutely nothing. When I refused, she got loud. She knew she could get away with it because the place was not chica friendly. I still refused to pay and came perilously close to jumping on her right there in the garden. She would not stop yelling. And security there was on her side. He was Hatian and felt that we should give them lots of money when we come there anyway.

From then on, I was looked upon with a jaundiced eye. I moved to Blackbeards the next day.

The chicas know this place and think they can get away with anything there since you are breaking the rules by having them there in the first place. They think they have you over a barrel. I imagine that most would cave in, but I won't. If necessary, I'll get my licks in and they can do what they will afterward.

My suggestion, if you wish to live there, is to find another place to monger. That, actually, makes some sense anyway, since you don't really want the girls to know where to find you when you chose to sleep alone.

If you go there, please relay my salutations to Stephen and Monique.

Tony Toca
08-30-2006, 07:02 AM
Is the Atlantico chica friendly?

Magnum
08-30-2006, 07:18 AM
In the past I have been one that stayed exclusively in hotels......Europa....Romanoff..... but my last trip I stayed in 2 different condos and in my opinion.....it is the only way to go. The cost is just about the same for what they want in hotels down there....shit when I first started staying at the Europa I was paying $25/night for the rooms across the street from the main hotel and now that crook Diego wants $40+/night. It is pretty much the same cost at the Romanoff and at the flavor of the month - The Garden Hotel.

This trip coming up in 15 days Beas, a buddy of mine and I are renting a Villa so I will see how that works out but from what I have heard it is even better than a condo.

Check out the different threads here to get info on condos and Villas if you are interested.

Citynights
09-10-2006, 12:30 AM
the new garden hotel is the place to go... $38 a night cash $40 credit card.... $2 for the safe...chica friendly..:boobies: