PDA

View Full Version : Salaries

Don Tomas
12-03-2004, 12:34 PM
The average wage for unskilled labor in the DR may be RD$5000, but many, many make much more.

Our lunch hostess Sunday makes RD$25,000, and she is a low level supervisor for a Free Zone company.

Go to the cities where the toruist trade is minimal. Look around. No way all those businesses, large and small, could survive if the average wage was RD$5000.

The "fact" that everybody in the DR makes RD$5000 is their equivalent of an Urban Legend, swallowed hook, line, and sinker by tourists.

Do not for a moment think everybody in the DR is dirt poor. It just ain't so.

Get out of the North coast and the typical whoremongering areas. You'll find the DR is not what you think it is...

RD I know we have had this discussion IRL but I wanted to post some figures for you. We will never agree on everything but here are some hard numbers for you.

I realize you/we are meeting decent, hardworking people but realize this is only a small sector of the population and please remember your novia who is tri-lingual (Spanish, English, & French) with a Masters degree is never the less unemployed. Yes not everyone is poor but a great percentage of them are.

Also as a businessman yourself I am sure you are well aware there are way more Indians then Chiefs in the business world. So the law of averages lowers the average wage of a Dominican worker.

Finally remember most of us are chasing the 18-25ish year olds who are the classic minimum wage earners.

Minimum wages (MW): *The raise for the Private Sector ONLY still hasn't gone in but I will post the new rates and I will use a 30-1 rate for ease.

Government - Public Sector:
MW = RD$2,890/month or US$96

Businesses - Private Sector *with the new raise:
Business Capital > RD$4,000,000 MW = RD$6,400/month or US$213
Business Capital RD$2M-4M MW = RD$4,400/month or US$147
Business Capital < RD$2,000,000 MW = RD$3,900/month or US$130

NOTE: If a person is a part time employee a private company can pay them a proportionate amount based on the ratio of hours worked vs. a standard work week. (e.g. P/T @ 22 hours/week and that person's MW is now RD$1,800 for a business with capital under RD$2M) Nice law, NOT. The standard work week is 44 hours

The Free Zones - Location, Location, Location!!!:
Santiago/SD - RD$2,580/month or US$87
Frontier Zone (Haiti border, but DR land) - RD$1,690/month or US$56

NOTE: There are over 50 different types of Free Zones in the DR, AFTZ (American), La Zona Franca (France), La Zona Oriental (China) to name a few.

Labor Costs in a Free Zone Company posted by an executive: Employs almost 800 people.The average salary, for a technical operator( CNC chip shooter), maintenance man, machinist, is RD$8,000-12,000/month or US$267-400

A good department manager RD$20,000-30,000/month or US$667-1,000

A Section Leader, we have 7, about RD$50,000/month or US$1,667

Of course the non-technical workers (packers, forklift, etc.) are probably making MW or close to it.

Tourism/Construction:
MW Laws do not apply, trust me they get paid less

Let's look at real people examples:
Low level supervisor in a Free Zone but ISO 9000 certified, is making RD$25,000/month or US$833, that same certification will get you $90-130K/year in the US but $10K/year in the DR.

Estephanie as a bartender worked: Sat-Wed 4pm-6am & Thu/Fri 4pm-1am for a grand total of 88 hours/week made RD$4,000/month or US$133, she figured she made RD$5,000/month with tips.

Estephanie working at Playero works: Fri-Wed 10am-1pm & 4pm-8:30pm for a grand total of 45 hours/week makes RD$7,000/month or US$233, so she is actually getting paid more then the new MW!

Now Playero has several stores and is a big business but the bar she worked at before is a small place in Sosua hence the very different salaries.

Reel Deal
12-03-2004, 12:43 PM
No disagreement at all, DT. That confirms what my novia said.

Not all in the DR work for MW or less, contrary to the prevailing thoughts expressed here.

Someone is driving all those expensive cars, and shopping in all those stores besides touristas. Not all, but not everybody in the US shpos at Saks, either.

Granted, the percentage is small. But my point is not all in the DR are so poor they need a Gringo to buy their pussy to survive.

And the DR version of "poor" and "middle class" is VERY different than here. You really cannot compare. Apples and oranges.

Reel Deal
12-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Look at the wages another way:

Let's use the private MW of $213mo. (there are many differing versions of MW, but let's use this one). The current US MW is 5.15 an hour, equal to $885 a month. 4 times that of the DR.

Decent Apartments are everywhere for US$200; the same in the US has to be around $650-800 a month.

Imported foods are expensive (like here), but local foods are reasonable.

Net Family transportation may not be 2 SUV's in the garage, but there is a cultural thing going on.

Many do not have to pay utilities, and the utility companies don't do much about it beyond shutting off the power in a neighborhood.

You really cannot compare ~average~ life in the DR to ~average~ life here (beyond everybody having a cell phone...go figure).

Yes, there is poverty in the DR, and a high percentage of poor. But it is definitely not Haiti or Somalia.

Once again, I maintain the single biggest reason the country stays mired in a poor economy is because the best and brightest of their citizens leave as soon as they can.

Don Tomas
12-03-2004, 01:12 PM
Granted, the percentage is small. But my point is not all in the DR are so poor they need a Gringo to buy their pussy to survive.

Yes but when we can provide a couple days pay without batting an eyelash there will always be opportunistic girls. Even good hardworking girls.

Also as Jimmy has said, imagine what your average full time Palace Chica makes a month...4 S/Ts per week would be RD$24,000, why bust your ass for RD$6,400/month @ Playero when you can fuck 4 different guys in one week and make the same. Yes I know the answer, morals, but poverty & necessity makes morals flexible with most humans.

Yes, there is poverty in the DR, and a high percentage of poor. But it is definitely not Haiti or Somalia.

Once again, I maintain the single biggest reason the country stays mired in a poor economy is because the best and brightest of their citizens leave as soon as they can.

I completely agree on both parts.

Reel Deal
12-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Also as Jimmy has said, imagine what your average full time Palace Chica makes a month...4 S/Ts per week would be RD$24,000, why bust your ass for RD$6,400/month @ Playero when you can fuck 4 different guys in one week and make the same. Yes I know the answer, morals, but poverty & necessity makes morals flexible with most humans.This applies to every prostitute I have ever known anywhere in the world.

Guy meets a girl at a bar. "I'll give you $100 to sleep with me".

Girl: "No."

Guy: "$200."

Guy: "$500."

Guy: "OK. $5000."

Girl: "Hmmmmm....$5000?....OK?"

Guy: "OK...now that we've established what you are, letr's negotiate the price..." :D

BrooklynBeas
12-03-2004, 01:37 PM
my thoughts:

The reason a chica would rather work double the hours for less pay at a beach bar/ street bar or other type of bar where guys frequent is because they are just setting up their nights to make lot more money.... I think (In Sosua) that about 98% of the girls that work at the bars are putas or notaputas that are looking for long term cash.... I also said that girls that work at the palace make more money a year then i do and they have to spend less then i do to live here and travel....

Don Tomas
12-03-2004, 01:41 PM
my thoughts:

The reason a chica would rather work double the hours for less pay at a beach bar/ street bar or other type of bar where guys frequent is because they are just setting up their nights to make lot more money.... I think (In Sosua) that about 98% of the girls that work at the bars are putas or notaputas that are looking for long term cash.... I also said that girls that work at the palace make more money a year then i do and they have to spend less then i do to live here and travel....

It's settled, BB is sending email to John now, he will be the first Male Palace Whore. Just say it outloud BB, "I am proud to be a sankie!"

Don Tomas
12-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Guy meets a girl at a bar. "I'll give you $100 to sleep with me".

Guy: "$200."

Guy: "$500."

Guy: "OK. $5000."

Girl: "Hmmmmm....$5000?....OK?"

Guy: "OK...now that we've established what you are, letr's negotiate the price..." :D

The joke goes like this:

A guy walks up to a girl and says "Would you fuck me for a million dollars?"

The girl of course says "YES!"

The guy then says "Would you fuck me for one dollar?"

The girl slaps him and says "What kind of girl do you think I am?"

The guy responds "We have already established that, now we are negotiating!" :lol:

BrooklynBeas
12-03-2004, 01:53 PM
my thoughts:

It's settled, BB is sending email to John now, he will be the first Male Palace Whore. Just say it outloud BB, "I am proud to be a sankie!"

You would fall asleep drunk with my dick in your mouth... :P :twisted:

knotty
12-03-2004, 07:47 PM
Now I definitely know why you are the Minister of Information, DT. You broke everything down that I was wondering on salary in the DR. Had a discussion with a friend of mines that was telling me how much the police make there, besides their side bribes.

Now, RD, you need to point me into the direction of finding a decent apartment in the US for that amount cuz there is no way I'm getting those rates in NY. I need to move because a studio alone starts at $850 here.

Reel Deal
12-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Now I definitely know why you are the Minister of Information, DT. You broke everything down that I was wondering on salary in the DR. Had a discussion with a friend of mines that was telling me how much the police make there, besides their side bribes.

Now, RD, you need to point me into the direction of finding a decent apartment in the US for that amount cuz there is no way I'm getting those rates in NY. I need to move because a studio alone starts at $850 here.Come to Tampa, knotty-lots of apartments even better than the DR in the $500 range. Heck, one of my 2/1 rentals is a half block from St. Pete Beach and a halk block from Boca Ciega Bay goes for $700.

There is a whole world beyond NYC, dude. Check it out... :wink:

el_papi_chew_low
02-09-2005, 08:14 PM
As much as guys visit the Palace, there should be a bulk discount on pussy. Like pay for 5 fucks and get the 6 one free or some shit like that. Some of these hoes probably know your cocks better than your wives.

domfan
02-10-2005, 08:32 AM
don thom, excellent work! only thing i ve not been aware, that supervisor levels at zona franca get such good pay.
an addition: in hotel business exists now an 'un-official' MW, its 4.900 pesos, plus the legal tips (means 10% of what the guests are paying has to be distributed among the employees, applying a distribution key), which means depending on the season 1.500 - 4.000 a month on top of the salary. mandatory regalia (i salary before christmas) and bonus (1 - 2 salaries) 3 months after closing of the books.