PDA

View Full Version : Inform a newbie (questions)

dr.dr
03-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Hi all,

Please take it easy on a newbie here. Anyways after becoming bored w/ mongering in Costa Rica. I have decided to come down to DR from March 7th - March 14th. I'm flying in to Puerto Plata on March 7th afternoon. I have tentatively reserved a room at New Gardens hotel in Sosua for a week.

While I am somewhat familiar w/ mongering in Latin America, I'm mostly unfamiliar w/ mongering in DR since this is my first trip. As such I was hoping you vets here can answer some of my simple questions (I'm looking forward to meeting you guys in Sosua as well so I can learn the ropes, is there a clubhouse so to speak for ISOC gatherings in Sosua?)

1.) An USA passport is all that is required to gain entry to DR correct?

2.) I believe there is airport fee I must pay to enter DR after deboarding the plane, how much is it and is it payable in USD or DOP?

3.) Is there a place to change usd into dop inside the airport that has a reasonable exchange rate? I know from the threads I've read that Sosua has places w/ very reasonable exchange rates. Should I only change a small amount at the airport and then change the rest in Sosua or should I just do it in one lump sum?

4.) How much does it cost to get a taxi from PoP airport to New Gardens Hotel? (Does New Gardens arrange for airport pickup?) Would the taxi drivers know where it is or do I need the exact address? How long is the approx taxi ride? On that front, are taxis all legit in DR? Is there an official taxi type I should always search for? Do they have official meters that display the fare? I know in CR I have to watch out for pirate taxis (which are dangerous and you can be robbed) and ones that has unfunctioning meter so they can overcharge after the trip.

5.) Once I arrive as Sosua, how dangerous is it to walk around at night? Should I always hail a cab? How much is typical cab fare (so I don't get gypped) within Sousa?

6.) Whats the difference between casas and sex club? are those like the massage parlours and strip clubs in Costa Rica? The strip clubs I def enjoyed in CR, do they have those here where you buy a chica a drink and you can fondle them as you desire?

7.) Is there by any chance a map that shows all the Sosua Hobbist locations like the ones that exist for San Jose, Rio, and Medellin? That would help me out a lot!

8.) So far I have circled Blackbeards, Passion, and NG pools as must sees for hobbyists? Any vets have additional suggestions? On that front, I might also make a quick 2 day side trip outside of Sosua to explore, what other nearby locations is good for mongering you guys would suggest?

9.) Finally, for the chicas, do they usually ask for cab fare and a tip after conclusion? If so what is the expected range of donation?

Sorry for so many questions, as you can see, this newbie believes that preparation is key. Look forward to seeing many of you in less than a week!

yourmomma999
03-03-2009, 01:41 AM
you can try el bohem and cristals in Puerto plata, "strip clubs" with take out,

calle pedro clisante, the main street with restaurants and bars in sosua has several bars at night that are poppin'

they are all next to each other

yourmomma999
03-03-2009, 01:53 AM
as long as you are not out in a dark alley past 3 am, and you do not dress with a gold rolex and diamond and gold jewelry, wear pants or shorts and a shirt you should be plenty safe, the politur or tourist police - policia turistica hence poli tur, are outside the main strip in sosua until about 3am, after that it can be the wild west when drunk locals want to fight, find a chic and leave before everyone empties out onto the street.

A cab from the airport to sosua should be $20 -25 dollars, you can always try to bargain.

the entry fee into the airport is $10 us.

the price for a cab and other things is usually included in the fee

since you are not new to the game, just different locality, do not let the chicas scam you bargain them all down, lie and only show you only have so much money left, tell em you were there a few days and it is the end of your vacation.

do not carry around more money thatn you will need for a few hours at night, lock all of your valuables and personal info, passport, cellphone, etc in your safe when they are there. The LP girls will not try to take your stuff ever. but the ones you meet outside of there may.

I myself have never encountered problems, but you are in a 3rd world country full of poverty and corruption, so just keep your senses alert.

order your own drinks and never give them to a chica if you to to piss. finish it and then go, so no one will slip you anything. but that is anywhere these days. a general rule

negotiate the price and length of time, and other things, ahead of time to avoid problems.

Also during the day there is a selecion at Sosua beach, nowhere near the amount of or hotness of the bars at night, but they are around, any chica on the beach or in that town (sosua) that looks you dead in the eye like they are interested in you, is game.

They usually walk alone or with friends.

The ones that appear crazy and high, usually are.

Have fun. I will be interested in hearing how it compares in your mind to CR.

Maretti
03-03-2009, 03:38 AM
1.) An USA passport is all that is required to gain entry to DR correct?
Yes, that's all you need!

2.) I believe there is airport fee I must pay to enter DR after deboarding the plane, how much is it and is it payable in USD or DOP?
10 Us dollars.

3.) Is there a place to change usd into dop inside the airport that has a reasonable exchange rate? I know from the threads I've read that Sosua has places w/ very reasonable exchange rates. Should I only change a small amount at the airport and then change the rest in Sosua or should I just do it in one lump sum?
Why do you need to exchange money at the airport? You're gonna pay the taxi in US dollars. Once you're in Sosua, go to the bank and exchange some money, like $300.

4.) How much does it cost to get a taxi from PoP airport to New Gardens Hotel? (Does New Gardens arrange for airport pickup?) Would the taxi drivers know where it is or do I need the exact address? How long is the approx taxi ride? On that front, are taxis all legit in DR? Is there an official taxi type I should always search for? Do they have official meters that display the fare? I know in CR I have to watch out for pirate taxis (which are dangerous and you can be robbed) and ones that has unfunctioning meter so they can overcharge after the trip.
It's $25 for up to three mongers :biggrin:
Once you come out, you'll see the taxi stand. You'll a sign with different prices. They'll asign you a taxi driver. If they don't know where New Gardens is, they're not Dominicanos. Don't worry too much about taxis and meters, once there you'll see that you only need them for the ride to the airport.

5.) Once I arrive as Sosua, how dangerous is it to walk around at night? Should I always hail a cab? How much is typical cab fare (so I don't get gypped) within Sousa?
Sosua is not San Jose. It's pretty safe there but don't let your guard down. I don't think you'll see that many taxis driving around town anyway. You'll see lots of moto-conchos. No need for those either.

6.) Whats the difference between casas and sex club? are those like the massage parlours and strip clubs in Costa Rica? The strip clubs I def enjoyed in CR, do they have those here where you buy a chica a drink and you can fondle them as you desire?
I've never been in any of those, I'm a Classicos kind of guy. I have a ton of fun there. Go up, get a drink and when the music starts, just start moving and go from there.

7.) Is there by any chance a map that shows all the Sosua Hobbist locations like the ones that exist for San Jose, Rio, and Medellin? That would help me out a lot!
Sosua is not that big, but yes, there's a map around. Just google it.

8.) So far I have circled Blackbeards, Passion, and NG pools as must sees for hobbyists? Any vets have additional suggestions? On that front, I might also make a quick 2 day side trip outside of Sosua to explore, what other nearby locations is good for mongering you guys would suggest?
Blackbeards is in Puerto Plata. Women are women everywhere, so if you're staying in Sosua, I don't see the need to go to Puerto Plata to get more of the same. There's plenty of action in Sosua. You'll find it!

9.) Finally, for the chicas, do they usually ask for cab fare and a tip after conclusion? If so what is the expected range of donation?
Like everywhere else, the chicas will try to get something out of you, even if you don't take them out. They don't take taxis, they take moto-conchos, which would be like 30 pesos or so. Do as you please!

Sorry for so many questions, as you can see, this newbie believes that preparation is key. Look forward to seeing many of you in less than a week!
Not problem. As you can see, there's plenty of help here.
For my first trip, I had a lot of worries too, but once I got there, I found out that everything was (ridiculously) close by. Nothing to worry about, but to have fun. Enjoy your trip!

ElPlomero
03-03-2009, 07:30 AM
Hey there,

First of all, let me say that the answers to all your questions can be found by searching the various topics in the board.

However... I'll do a little data dump.

1. I think the airport fee went up to $15. I haven't been since November and it happened after that, so I cannot speak first hand. You can do a search on it, though.

2. Don't use the airport cambio (exchange) It sucks and is for suckers. I change green for DOP at Playeros, the supermercados (supermarkets) in Sosua. They seem to offer just about the best rates. You can also pick up some stuff for the room while there.

3. Email Wilfred at The New Garden. Have him send Silvio (Taxi) for you at the airport. Obviously, you'll need to give him your flight info. You can pay Silvio at The New Garden and Wilfred will change money for you. They don't have the best rate, so change only what you need.

4. Blackbeards is not in Puerto Plata. It's in a small gated community past Puerto Plata called Costambar If you are not staying there, there is very little reason to go there. The girls aren't any better than any others and all the benefits you would get from going there are from staying there, (Convenience) with the possible exception of the huge jacuzzi that they have. Again, I recommend staying there, if you want to experience it.

5. The Puerto Plata strip joints (El Bohen and Crystals) are expensive and not worth the bother. They are hard core venues and unless you like being pawed and pressured to take someone who chooses you, I'd stay in Sosua. Except for some rare exceptions, there are plenty of chicas in Sosua for anyone and everyone.

6. Other than in cases of extreme stupidity, you should have no problems, security wise in Sosua as long as you stay around the central area of Sosua and the beach. There is a time, after which you should be in your room for the night, but even still, you shouldn't have a problem unless you wander into Los Charamicos. During the daytime, you will definately be fine.

In regards to casas, I think there is a new one on the main highway, but I've heard that it's expensive. There are a number of massage parlors in which you can get whatever and a couple that are strictly massage. Read the board and do a search.

The main chica supply can be found at La Passions and the beach during the daytime, and Classico's, El Flow, Seacrets, Latina Bar, and just by walking down Pedro Clisante.

Enjoy. Don't forget to read the board before you go. You will be much happier if you do.

davemaryland
03-03-2009, 09:20 AM
# 7 Here is a link , to a good map of Sosua. Was posted by pacoloca and Beads. Sosua is small, but I found a liittle map was nice on my first trip. Have a good time.

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=z1zxmhfbn3f&thumb=5

cainer
03-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Read this thread by Eriks, after reading this and then landing in Sosua, u will feel like you have already been here a time or two in the past.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134831&highlight=sticky

dr.dr
03-03-2009, 07:15 PM
# 7 Here is a link , to a good map of Sosua. Was posted by pacoloca and Beads. Sosua is small, but I found a liittle map was nice on my first trip. Have a good time.

thank you, this is a huge help!

Read this thread by Eriks, after reading this and then landing in Sosua, u will feel like you have already been here a time or two in the past.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134831&highlight=sticky

Cainer, it says I have no permission when I click on that thread...

cainer
03-03-2009, 07:28 PM
thank you, this is a huge help!

Cainer, it says I have no permission when I click on that thread...

It must be in the green section then. You would think something like this would be for eeveryone to see. Especailly the newbies. Althou, if u buy a membership(i think its only $10) u will easily get your $10 back in information.

Jimmydr
03-03-2009, 08:04 PM
It must be in the green section then. You would think something like this would be for eeveryone to see. Especailly the newbies. Althou, if u buy a membership(i think its only $10) u will easily get your $10 back in information.

You can join for a year for $29.95 and there are 75,000 pictures and maybe a 1,000 reports, maybe more. At least 50% of the authors of these reports are still on this board and 90% of the authors are still around Sosua. You will get your monies worth.

milone
03-03-2009, 10:41 PM
as long as you are not out in a dark alley past 3 am, and you do not dress with a gold rolex and diamond and gold jewelry, wear pants or shorts and a shirt you should be plenty safe, the politur or tourist police - policia turistica hence poli tur, are outside the main strip in sosua until about 3am, after that it can be the wild west when drunk locals want to fight, find a chic and leave before everyone empties out onto the street.

A cab from the airport to sosua should be $20 -25 dollars, you can always try to bargain.

the entry fee into the airport is $10 us.

the price for a cab and other things is usually included in the fee

since you are not new to the game, just different locality, do not let the chicas scam you bargain them all down, lie and only show you only have so much money left, tell em you were there a few days and it is the end of your vacation.

do not carry around more money thatn you will need for a few hours at night, lock all of your valuables and personal info, passport, cellphone, etc in your safe when they are there. The LP girls will not try to take your stuff ever. but the ones you meet outside of there may.

I myself have never encountered problems, but you are in a 3rd world country full of poverty and corruption, so just keep your senses alert.

order your own drinks and never give them to a chica if you to to piss. finish it and then go, so no one will slip you anything. but that is anywhere these days. a general rule

negotiate the price and length of time, and other things, ahead of time to avoid problems.

Also during the day there is a selecion at Sosua beach, nowhere near the amount of or hotness of the bars at night, but they are around, any chica on the beach or in that town (sosua) that looks you dead in the eye like they are interested in you, is game.

They usually walk alone or with friends.

The ones that appear crazy and high, usually are.

Have fun. I will be interested in hearing how it compares in your mind to CR.
i'm lost.......why should you never give it to them :confused:

Revolutionrock77
03-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Never leave your drink unattended. . . if you leave it and go to the john or something, there is always the chance someone will put something in it and you will find yourself waking up with empty pockets.

I think that's what the he had in mind with that advice.

milone
03-03-2009, 11:12 PM
oh hahah thank god i don't drink

trEPP33
03-03-2009, 11:13 PM
...you will find yourself waking up with empty pockets...Hopefully that's all as it's the least of your worries. You could wake up with a pita. :)

dr.dr
03-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Thanks everyone for your awesome responses so far, will take time out to purchase a membership and read the threads this fri/sat before i board the plane.

another quick q: is obtaining DR cell phone necessary? Can I just call the chicas who's number i want to keep from the New Gardens hotel room phone? Since it'd be a local call? Also, what is the best/cheapest/fastest way to obtain a DR prepaid cell if it is necessary?

Jimmydr
03-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks everyone for your awesome responses so far, will take time out to purchase a membership and read the threads this fri/sat before i board the plane.

another quick q: is obtaining DR cell phone necessary? Can I just call the chicas who's number i want to keep from the New Gardens hotel room phone? Since it'd be a local call? Also, what is the best/cheapest/fastest way to obtain a DR prepaid cell if it is necessary?

There are no phones in the rooms?

dr.dr
03-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Well that's what I'm asking, I assume NG hotel would have a room phone and be able to make local calls. But again I have never been to DR so I would not know.

From what I've read in ISOC threads most vets suggest to carry a DR prepaid phone w/ you while down there, I was just wondering if that is necessary? And if so, where the best place to find one cheap?

Jimmydr
03-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Well that's what I'm asking, I assume NG hotel would have a room phone and be able to make local calls. But again I have never been to DR so I would not know.

From what I've read in ISOC threads most vets suggest to carry a DR prepaid phone w/ you while down there, I was just wondering if that is necessary? And if so, where the best place to find one cheap?

I am one of the few that never carry a phone, I don't want to be bothered.

davemaryland
03-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Hey dr. dr I took a phone with me. From e -bay. A unlocked att phone that uses simm cards. Claro shop right around the corner from the NG, they set me up with a local # and min. Just ask for a chip and how your passport with you. And they have phones there, starting at 600 pesos.
But a phone is not a must have.

sicpup71
03-05-2009, 09:25 PM
i would say to get a phone it's cheap enough, plus if u want to call to the USA it's only a few peso's a min.

ElPlomero
03-05-2009, 11:10 PM
oh hahah thank god i don't drink

You don't drink water? Coca Cola? Fruit Juice?

ElPlomero
03-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Hey dr. dr I took a phone with me. From e -bay. A unlocked att phone that uses simm cards. Claro shop right around the corner from the NG, they set me up with a local # and min. Just ask for a chip and how your passport with you. And they have phones there, starting at 600 pesos.
But a phone is not a must have.

On the other hand, I would say that a phone is a must have. If you run into a problem, if you need to get in touch with friends or they need to get in touch with you, to call or receive chica calls, and a handy way to take pictures and store chica numbers.

Claro works, but Orange next to Banco Popular is just as good.

The best deal is like Dave maryland said. Buy an unlocked GSM phone on ebay. Nothing too nice that someone will want to steal it, but nice enough that you have the features you want.

DCIronman
03-05-2009, 11:28 PM

I have an unlocked GSM motorola razor that I use as my DR phone. I bought it on Ebay for less than $100.

If you're only going to venture within a couple of blocks of your hotel, you may not want to bother with a phone. But some, like me, prefer to venture out a bit. Sometimes the hunting is a bit better away from the main drag.

And even though I always have a rental, one of the first things that I do is find a good cabbie and get his phone #. There are long stretches of poorly lit road between Puerto Plata, Sosua, and Caberette. And I've had rental cars that were beat to hell. The last thing that you want is to be stuck out on Rte. 5 at night with no way to call a ride. That little bit you spend on a phone is a small amount to pay for peace of mind.

And a phone is also good to have for getting chicas #s when you are cruising around seeing the sites.

But if you aren't the adventurous type, don't sweat it.

Maretti
03-05-2009, 11:49 PM

I think that Paco is loco no loca.
A pacoloca would go to DR for the guys, not for the gals! :D

Roy
03-06-2009, 11:17 AM
i would say to get a phone it's cheap enough, plus if u want to call to the USA it's only a few peso's a min.

I bought a cell a couple of trips ago right there in the D.R. across from the SeaBreeze. It was 500 pesos with a 100 peso card included. I used it for about a week before I had to add minutes/pesos.
I found the same phone, already activated right on the street my last trip for 200 pesos. I also bought another one from a fellow monger for 100 pesos because he didn't want to take it with him. You don't need a NICE phone.

Now, the use of the phone can be a two edged sword. Its great to get phone numbers from chicas during the day, and you'll have a ton of numbers to call on chicas for later....BUT...I can't tell you how many times I got texted or called right in the middle of the act and the mood swings it caused with the chica of the minute. LOL

That is why I have 2 phones now, one with all the chicas numbers on it that I turn off when I'm with them, and the other with only the chicas number I'm with on it so I can show her.. "see, I'm only with you, no otra chicas!". We both know its a lie, but they somehow smile and feel good about the fact the phone I have turned on is not ringing.:mrgreen:

cainer
03-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Roy

I bought that same phone from the same location:)

Ive never owned a cell phone in my life and for the life of me, i could never get it to work:(

Funny thing was this, almost half the chicas that i was with had the same identical phone. Of course when id ask them how much they paid for theirs, everyone of them said around 300.

So my question to u Roy is this, on my next trip, do i just bring that phone back with me and reload it and it will work fine? thanks
I bought a cell a couple of trips ago right there in the D.R. across from the SeaBreeze. It was 500 pesos with a 100 peso card included. I used it for about a week before I had to add minutes/pesos.
I found the same phone, already activated right on the street my last trip for 200 pesos. I also bought another one from a fellow monger for 100 pesos because he didn't want to take it with him. You don't need a NICE phone.

Now, the use of the phone can be a two edged sword. Its great to get phone numbers from chicas during the day, and you'll have a ton of numbers to call on chicas for later....BUT...I can't tell you how many times I got texted or called right in the middle of the act and the mood swings it caused with the chica of the minute. LOL

That is why I have 2 phones now, one with all the chicas numbers on it that I turn off when I'm with them, and the other with only the chicas number I'm with on it so I can show her.. "see, I'm only with you, no otra chicas!". We both know its a lie, but they somehow smile and feel good about the fact the phone I have turned on is not ringing.:mrgreen:

Roy
03-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Roy

I bought that same phone from the same location:)

Ive never owned a cell phone in my life and for the life of me, i could never get it to work:(

Funny thing was this, almost half the chicas that i was with had the same identical phone. Of course when id ask them how much they paid for theirs, everyone of them said around 300.

So my question to u Roy is this, on my next trip, do i just bring that phone back with me and reload it and it will work fine? thanks

As far as I know, yes. I believe after 90 days of being gone, you lose your "activation", so you'll have to go back by Claro and get it "reactivated". I don't know for sure, I'm like a circus freak, after about a week of being back in the US, I book another flight down.

Have one of the chicas sort you through the phone, believe me, I had one that somehow had two chips, one Claro and one Orange, and could switch the damn thing faster than you can say Batman, and then she'd forget and text me and have the number of whichever card she had hidden. Sly little biatch!

dr.dr
03-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Hi all, thanks for the answers so far, keep them coming! This can be used a newbie blueprint for others as well I'm sure.

Only one day til I'm leaving for DR, I'm v excited.

Anyways, this is more of an opinion question: When chicas ask you how long you're staying in town, what is the best answer? I was told in CR that it's better to say you will be in town for like a few weeks, this way they will do better on the service since they want to maintain you as a "repeat" customer.

Earlier in this very thread I was given a different opinion, that I should say this is my last night in DR, as a de-leverage bargaining tool to explain why I cannot afford to pago mucho dinero...

I admit both responses have their merits, which of the two do most of the vets prefer?

Roy
03-08-2009, 10:41 AM
When chicas ask you how long you're staying in town, what is the best answer?

Tell them you're staying two months longer than you plan.. LOL! You will be in the "slow play" method, they'll start telling you how much "they love you", and "have feelings for you", and "it doesn't matter how much you pay". Then, on Saturday night, they come looking for you, and you were "wheels up" at 3PM headed back home.

Believe me, there are so many levels of games these girls play, you have to stay on top of it. One chica saw me, and was talking to one of my buddies. He claimed she'd been talking about me for 2 hours so he called me to come meet her. We sat together and she pawed on me like it was the petting zoo, told me how beautiful I am (which was a definite red flag), and then I told her I was ready to go. As we left, she said something to my friend - "tell him I get 2000" - I laughed so hard, and told her "you mean you don't really love me?" - and offered my standard 1000 + a 500 propina for attitude and service. We had a great night.

dr.dr
03-09-2009, 01:43 AM
thanks for the comments roy, appreciate your insight. my question really have no right or wrong, one response prolly have a few cents more ev than the other one but its v minimal.

in regards to your standard rate of 1000 +500 offer, i'm just curious: is that for ST or TLN?

basically I have been here for one day and so far I have dished out the following for ST service: 1.5k (for dos leches), 1.5k (a hottie), 1k (for a bad service).

I'm curious if I'm at the approx ballpark of the optimal bargain price would be

cainer
03-09-2009, 02:24 AM
I know u directed this question at roy, but, my middle name is roy:), so ill answer:) I would say your in the ball park, thats what i was giving for short-time

basically I have been here for one day and so far I have dished out the following for ST service: 1.5k (for dos leches), 1.5k (a hottie), 1k (for a bad service).

I'm curious if I'm at the approx ballpark of the optimal bargain price would be

dr.dr
03-09-2009, 10:14 PM
ADVICE for all newbs like me who's staying/planning on staying at NG, LOCK your fuckin' door always!

there is a story here somewhere i suppose which i will save for my eventual trip report. Basically a chica (who I was friendly w/ earlier) just stormed into my room this evening (I'm used to hotel rooms that lock behind you automatically, apparently NG rooms you have to lock both ways) while I was taking a shower uninvited.

Long and short of it was that she was pissed and furious i was going to take otro chica to my room later on (nevermind the fact that she has two kids, and one novio). It surprised the hell out of me, even in CR they don't just bust into your room like that even if you leave it unlocked. They at least knock first.

Anyways it didn't end well for me as the other girl came and it almost came to blows, i ended up paying for one to leave. (and up to that pt I was actually pretty pleased w/ my progress so far considering this is my first DR trip) But the point was that, I could've ended up paying far more, I didnt have the safe closed all the way and the chica could've stolen my whole stack from me from the safe, since I didn't even hear/see/feel her come in b/c I was in the bathroom w/ the shower on and bathroom door closed. So I suppose I should be thankful that she was too hot blooded for her own good that she didn't even think about going for the safe.

The moral of the story: LOCK YOU DOORS.

On a side note: these DR chicas are fuckin' loco!

yayow
03-10-2009, 04:22 PM

Good idea to lock your door, and yes they are loca, that is where they get their passion from.

They can smell a newbie, so you are being tried right now. Don't let them get the upper hand, it is your vacation, don't let one lock you down unless that is what you desire, be firm about it, because they will try it if you let them. They want nothing more than to get as much out of you as possible.

Not to be critical, because I wasn't there, but why pay one to leave, just tell her to get the hell out or you will call security, and have her banned from the property. We can play the game too, if we have too.

Jimmydr
03-10-2009, 06:30 PM
ADVICE for all newbs like me who's staying/planning on staying at NG, LOCK your fuckin' door always!

there is a story here somewhere i suppose which i will save for my eventual trip report. Basically a chica (who I was friendly w/ earlier) just stormed into my room this evening (I'm used to hotel rooms that lock behind you automatically, apparently NG rooms you have to lock both ways) while I was taking a shower uninvited.

Long and short of it was that she was pissed and furious i was going to take otro chica to my room later on (nevermind the fact that she has two kids, and one novio). It surprised the hell out of me, even in CR they don't just bust into your room like that even if you leave it unlocked. They at least knock first.

Anyways it didn't end well for me as the other girl came and it almost came to blows, i ended up paying for one to leave. (and up to that pt I was actually pretty pleased w/ my progress so far considering this is my first DR trip) But the point was that, I could've ended up paying far more, I didnt have the safe closed all the way and the chica could've stolen my whole stack from me from the safe, since I didn't even hear/see/feel her come in b/c I was in the bathroom w/ the shower on and bathroom door closed. So I suppose I should be thankful that she was too hot blooded for her own good that she didn't even think about going for the safe.

The moral of the story: LOCK YOU DOORS.

Do you leave your doors open at home?

Roy
03-11-2009, 07:54 PM
ADVICE...............staying/planning on staying at NG....................Basically a chica (who I was friendly w/ earlier) just stormed into my room this evening

Are you saying that just any chica can enter the grounds at New Garden, walk to a room, and (if it's open) bust into your door?

For true, you can't be careful enough with ANYTHING valuable, lock, lock, lock, although it would seriously bother me if I thought the girls were free to come and go all the way to the door of my room. I've never stayed at NG, please tell me this is an ODD SITUATION!

Revolutionrock77
03-11-2009, 10:08 PM

Maybe he is Canadian.

yayow
03-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Are you saying that just any chica can enter the grounds at New Garden, walk to a room, and (if it's open) bust into your door?

For true, you can't be careful enough with ANYTHING valuable, lock, lock, lock, although it would seriously bother me if I thought the girls were free to come and go all the way to the door of my room. I've never stayed at NG, please tell me this is an ODD SITUATION!

They do have quite a bit of access there. More than in just about any other place I've seen. But I guess a lot of the guys that stay there, feel that is part of the charm of the place.

dr.dr
03-13-2009, 12:49 PM

during the day, yes

dr.dr
03-13-2009, 12:53 PM

I suppose I should have been more technically precise in my advice, something along the lines of "Please double check your door lock, to make sure it is secured, EVERY time someone enters/leave your room; As the locking mechanism does NOT automatically engage, as it does back in the States, even if you originally left the knob in the locked position. Even someone entering/leaving such as the maid or room service, will sometime forget to lock the door on the way out, even if the door was originally in locked position on their way in, therefore double check every time!"

Somehow I don't think that has the same precise effect as the original "LOCK YOUR DOOR" comment, regardless I'll leave the above definition as a footnote.

eldorob
03-13-2009, 07:32 PM

Not everyone lives in Gotham City Jimmy....

sicpup71
03-14-2009, 01:41 AM

nope thats what the .38 is for.it's nice growing up in a cops house.always a gun around.