PDA

View Full Version : Scene Sousa/Cabarate June????

Pepp-1
03-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Whats up everyone. I'm thinking about taking a trip to Cabarete/Sousa during the 1st or 2nd week of June. Got inspired to take my first trip to the DR by reading different postings from the members. TrEEP Cabarate's report definitely was informing. I'm just wondering what the scene is like in Sousa/Cabarete during June. Reading other forums like DR1, I came away feeling that June is really slow. I would like to know some of your opinions.

1. Is June a good month to visit(low season)

2. Are the chicas still out in force? Is the nightlife still jubiliant and jumpin?

3. Thinking about staying in Cabarete and kickin it in Sousa at night. Does Cabarete still have a good mixture of tourists during June?

4. Has anyone ever stayed at Cita del Sol in Cabarete? Read a post from an ISOC member who says the hotel is guest friendly.

Any help will be appreciated. I'm probaly rolling solo, practicing Spanish now. So I'm counting on you DR headz to help me with the beneficial knowledge you have. Thanks.

trEPP33
03-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Thanks for posting this. I'm tagging on to hear responses since I'm scheduled to arrive in Cabarete/Sosua on June 4. I don't know much about that hotel but it looks really nice.

eldorob
03-05-2009, 03:36 AM
. . Reading other forums like DR1, I came away feeling that June is really slow.
1. Is June a good month to visit(low season)

2. Are the chicas still out in force? Is the nightlife still jubiliant and jumpin? .

Can't speak much for Cab, but you will be fine Sosua. Not much dif between low and high season when it comes to chicas in Sosua. I never worry about time of year when planning a trip, and always have a great time. There will be plenty of chicas and the nitelife jumping.

the only difference I see sometimes is that it's easier to find lodging if booking last minute, other then that it's business as usual.

yayow
03-05-2009, 03:49 AM
I used to live thirteen straight months in Sosua, which means I saw it at all times of the year. There will be plenty of chicas in both locations, lodging may be cheaper. The chicas got to eat no matter what time of year it is. In some cases you may actually find the ratio of chicas to mongers, much more to your advantage. As far as Cabarete the same thing goes, there will be plenty of tourists there during that time of year, many students and such are out of whatever University they attend and will want to hang on the beach. I think it is possible that there are more tourist during this time of year. It will be hot as hell during the day, so bring your sunscreen and enjoy.

3somefan
03-05-2009, 06:52 AM
I was there last June and had a great time!! There were plenty of chicas everywhere in Sosua. I stayed at the New Garden and was like the second person to stay in the new rooms. We also had the very successful bikini contest there in June and a lot chicas turned out for that....

Like others have stated, anytime of the year is a good time in the Dominican Republic!! :D

Pepp-1
03-05-2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks guys for the info you shared. I see Sousa/Cabarete "does it good" year round. I believe I saw that bikini contest somewhere maybe some pics. Looks like a lot of fun. Bikini idol, I wonder who was Simon? Does anyone have any info on guest friendly hotels in Cabarete or any hotel expeirence or recommendations in Cabarete. I know Hotel Magnifico has been mentioned and looks PLUSH.

DRJones
03-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Early June is relatively quiet in Sosua and Cabarete, but still fun.
Cita del Sol is the perfect place to stay in Cabarete and guest friendly.

eldorob
03-07-2009, 09:16 AM
. Bikini idol, I wonder who was Simon? .

I guess that would be Mr Pink, he snuck off with the winner.

So would 3some be Ryan Seacrest? :rofl:

Pepp-1
03-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks Dr Jones for the info, big help. How did you like the Cita del Sol. Can't find any detailed pics of the place other than the few posted on their website. When booking the room should I say for two or will it be cool if I just book for one, in regards to having guests. Nice rate for apt/hotel during the time I'm interested in going 60 US; already got a response from them.

DRJones
03-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Pepp,
No need to identify guests, its your apartment.
And its a 5 minute walk from the discos or 10 minutes by car from Sosua.
I tip the watchman 50 or 100 pesos occasionally because he's a good guy, but its not necessary.

Pepp-1
03-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Cool, Dr Jones, similiar to my Brasil experience. I like having an apartment, got to be careful and make sure you set the deal with the chica b4 she comes through. Also tipping the watchman or doorman can also be a big help.

prtyr2
03-11-2009, 08:06 AM
This may not help much but I stayed at Velero Beach for a few nights. I like the place. It is sort of at the east end of the beach and each room is privately owned and the management rents out the units when unoccupied by owners. Nice pool right on the beach. Not an AI but they do have a few restaurants literally next door. I ate a nice steak argentina style at a small place across the street.

I liked the fact that it felt like a resort but I was not trapped into staying there and eating there etc. There was a tiny bar right across the street that has some waitresses that may be available and some other chicas hanging out to meet tourists. One of the waitresses is an amiga of mine and she is great for Cabarete info.

I was with a date, who I unfortunately lost contact with. One night when we got back late the security guard was following us to get her to sign in, so I assume it is guest friendly but you need to register the girl. I told the guard she was registered in the room with me and he apologized and left us alone.

http://www.velerobeach.com/

Thanks guys for the info you shared. I see Sousa/Cabarete "does it good" year round. I believe I saw that bikini contest somewhere maybe some pics. Looks like a lot of fun. Bikini idol, I wonder who was Simon? Does anyone have any info on guest friendly hotels in Cabarete or any hotel expeirence or recommendations in Cabarete. I know Hotel Magnifico has been mentioned and looks PLUSH.

Pepp-1
03-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Thanks prtyr2, definitely worth checking out. Website makes u want to be there.