PDA

View Full Version : Black Beards Nov 20-28 2004

skittels
12-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Jimmy asked me to repost this, so here it is.

After reading some short stories on the wsgforum and spelling the BB website i took the plunge and went for a late november week break to BB.

After 12hrs flying from Amsterdam Holland I arived on the airport where the promised taxi was allready waiting for me! A 30min trip would bring me to BB.
The resort emerged as a small tastefull gemm in the middle of nowhere and very close to the waterfront.

The Resort (i would use private resort, it's small and cosy) welcomes you with a good warm vibrato knowing you are on the right spot right now! It has a real friendly open, modern style, everything looks "allmost" new or well maintained.

To the room i had to cross BB's beautifull two legged flowergarden with a wide variety of species every time suprising with new spicy flavours and friendly colours.

The Single Deluxe room suprised me as being tastefull, clean, roomy, with a REAL GOOD BED! And of course, AC,TV, Bathroom, SafeBox!

After freshing up I went down to take another peak in the flower garden. To my surprise, no-body was pushy, just plain friendly and wanted to know if i had a good flight etc... Somehow it clicked with me and actually the first girl i spoke tooo and guess what in English! She would end up staying with me for the rest of the week
I asked here and here friend for diner and went for another extreme good surprise... The Food!

Do not expect haute cuisine (go for france if ya want that), but good honest tasty spicy caribean style food. I've checked out a big part of the menu in the week and did not have bad surprises at all (not after to which tells me it's like the rooms in that kitchen "CLEAN").

After this we relaxed. And again what's most noticeable is the allmost family atmosphere of relax and no pressure. In Holland we would characterize it a little bit like a brown cafe or an irish pub. Untill someone puts on "Gasolina" then you will now pretty fast what caribean bubbling style dancing is (after you peeled youre eyes from your sun-glasses of course) and made a reservation for the washing machine ;-)

The rooms seem to be good insulated as well (well C-5, is), I did not hear anybody sporting, nor got complaints if i did, only some music. So we had a good night rest and even better wake up by a Rooster... I took a cold one from the mini-bar in the room, my eye spotted the price list, less than 1usd, and i had to smile... A mini bar which will not kill ya wallet!

The Breakfast enclosed a nice surprise again. Of course the tortilla was good, but oh man decent coffee! And no problemo if you take a refill. Thats what i call service which counts ands makes me smile and come back for more.

Reading a book in the morning near the pool i was surprised by the tranquility of the place, no children running around, most people just relax, the stereo is the only thing you hear. Very good to unwind and build up some energy for later ;-)).

Around noon the flower garden seems to grow again showing new variety every day untill 9pm when only some night creatures stay. Beware for "gasolina"!. Some local expats seem to have a soft spot for BB too showing the loyal most important friendly visitors which help to make this place so good. It's quite international as a place and somehow it looks like most people can get along allmost instantenous.

I tried snorkling the reef in front of the hotel, but David is right, it's not much fish out there, but a lot of sea-hedgehogs and sea weed in the shallows a strong current at approx 200yards out of the shore, bad visibility and a beach without people make it a little dangerous and futile to do. If you do it, please do it with 2 people. And even better ask David to plan a snorkling trip for you near Sosua.

A week went by very fast and my "girlfriend" realy made a huge part of this week but also limited outgoing a bit, so keep that in mind if you go steady.... Next year I will go with friends and make sure that i have the first days to give you an update of the excursion options at day and night.

Checking out i had the last surprise, the bill.... less than 1k for 7 days, in which we eat and drunk on average with 2.5 people and i had the single deluxe... Real your moneys worth in my opinion and in respect to dutch prices i am acustomed to.

Just a Break down for you all regarding those financial details.

BB for 1 week
Single Deluxe Room, 2 occupants USD350
Food and Drink for me and my full time occupant plus some drinks/food for invited USD650. Is approx USD 250pp, based on a 2.5 factor.
What it cost for me is therefore approx USD 600. The rest was a volunteered donation for a good cause 8)

A Beer in any bar in Holland will allready set you back twice, three times what BB is asking for his Mini-Bar fee, the same applies to the food, He is asking McDonalds, Burger King Amounts in respect to my Dutch wallet.

Of course this is not as cheap as you can get (in Thailand i've eaten/drunk for less than usd 10 a day). And some point out that you can have a LT outside BB for as much as 500pesos.
But good quality, service and safety has its price. The no hassle attitude with visitors combined with a nice room and relaxed atmosphere make it a very very good price to me.

Next year I will defenitely try to book the jacuzzi room or the penthouse when i go with friends which like me are not speaking spanish terribly well.

My Last minute comfortclass ticket from Amsterdam with Holland Exell cost me USD600 including all fees.

The cost of the chicas.
1300peso ST, 2500peso LT, 4000peso GFE. No Salida! .First two rates are BB fixed, last one is not, just an indication what you can expect, acc to my girl, I payed just 3000 peso a day though, because somehow i have given the girl a good BFE ;-)). It counts to be nice... It really does. In BB it is not essential to speak spanish (I do not).

As far as what i've heard (got a gfe all week so i did not check myselve) a chica from outside (Puerto Plata / Sosua) will set you back 1500 just as salida (barfine) on top of that expect 2500-4000 peso. But i also heard of 500pesos LT, no salida... :roll:

LOL but I am a lazzy bumm, so if i do not need, i do not hunt. :D

Only regret was leaving the place especially because the bikini contest started at the time i left ;-(( There will be a next year though.

Bottom line If you are looking for a friendly peacefull place with an excellent flowergarden which does not want to ambush you! Like me hate to sit on top of disco's or be in >100people hotels, get mugged at the check-out but don't mind to pay for service, etc. then look no further. BB is it! Next year I will be back with friend's and I guess it will be more than once.

Have Funn and say Hi to BB from Ivo

gdogg
12-05-2004, 10:31 AM
Thanks for passing on the details...great report!
8)

D_W_
12-05-2004, 01:07 PM
The cost of the chicas.
1300peso ST, 2500peso LT, 4000peso GFE. No Salida! .First two rates are BB fixed, last one is not, just an indication what you can expect, acc to my girl, I payed just 3000 peso a day though, because somehow i have given the girl a good BFE ;-)).

Good report! Sounds like you had a great time!

But I have to be adamant about this...$4000 is ridiculous.
I'm sorry my man but that is flat out not necessary.

Folks (I mean newbies and weak mongers) please don't crap where we eat. I don't give a shit what a chica says...you shouldn't have to pay that ridiculous amount for her to be nice and give GFE.

Please let's not further ruin DR.

jd_mine
12-05-2004, 01:43 PM
I agree that if you go for GFE it should just be that: a girlfriend. Meaning that you're not paying for her time. It's quite easy to get in the DR. Just pay for the food and drinks and pay her salon, some clothes and maybe a nice present.
If you're still paying for her time in my opinion it is just a longer variation of LT.
Ofcourse BB girls are there to be rented and not exactly GFE material......

skittels
12-05-2004, 01:46 PM
Well it looks like the BB Rates are steep, it would be very interesting to hear what other guys paid at BB's. ST and LT looks to be fixed, though it would be interesting to hear about other deals.

Don't be afraid that i would ruin the rest of the DR though, I tend to pay what is custom on that spot. Meaning if it's less in sosua, i will pay sosua price.

BB, might be expensive, but you are absolutely right, i had a great time, which was for a big part to Hanoi, who was behaving like a girlfriend with good tactils, knowing how to please and when to leave alone.
Sex was good but not excellent. But i am spoiled regarding that aspect, having had a moscow girlfriend living here for a year.... :twisted:

I will be back next year in BB, with friends.

JDR
12-05-2004, 02:38 PM
The cost of the chicas.
1300peso ST, 2500peso LT, 4000peso GFE. No Salida! .First two rates are BB fixed, last one is not, just an indication what you can expect, acc to my girl, I payed just 3000 peso a day though, because somehow i have given the girl a good BFE ;-)).

Good report! Sounds like you had a great time!

But I have to be adamant about this...$4000 is ridiculous.
I'm sorry my man but that is flat out not necessary.

Folks (I mean newbies and weak mongers) please don't crap where we eat. I don't give a shit what a chica says...you shouldn't have to pay that ridiculous amount for her to be nice and give GFE.

Please let's not further ruin DR.

Thats the beauty of DR, you can stay where ever you want, so many choices, so many reports.

Dick Dawson
12-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Although I enjoyed staying there in early November, I'll probably try somewhere else on my next trip. It's a great place for absolute newbies but I think once you get your feet wet in the DR it's time to explore outward. Or at the very least, split your time between there and another place.

Macky
12-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Skittels

This is ancient history but last year BB was 1000 ST and between about 1700 and 2000 overnight. A few superstars asked for a little more. I kept a novia and she was 2000 per day, that was for 24 hrs, and back then the peso was about where it is now. BB prices have gone up and down with the peso fluctuation, a lot slower down than they went up. You didn't pay the 4000 which would be an outrage. This is the first I have heard of a price for a round the clock novia being more than the LT rate. Although LT means different things to different chicas. Some will stay 24/7, others will cut out for the middle of the day and come back later.

BB was always more expensive than Sosua, so what's important is that you had a good time. Both places have their good and bad points.

Prices for Sosua are reported lately that are all over the place. But ST in Sosua for 1000 should be no problem. With the peso where it is, that is really too much, but you should not ever pay more. That is top peso.
Some guys are reporting paying a lot less, I can't say I haven't been there in a while. In August I was paying 1000 ST and the peso was at 44. So 1000 now is a lotta money. I only kept one chica overnight back then, it was 2000, but the peso was 44. What it should be now, I don't know, 1500 maximum. I wouldn't pay more than that anyway because I am not so much a fan of overnighters anymore.

Glad you had a good time. Interesting report. Next time you will like it even more, now that you know your way around. Interesting that keeping a novia seemed to keep you from going out much, or did I misunderstand that? Anyway the same thing happened to me, my novia just wanted to hang around BB forever. She wouldn't go out. I had to ditch her to get my vacation moving.

Macky
12-05-2004, 07:39 PM
My apologies to the ISOC members for giving those prices to Skittels, they are high. Should be a lot less, doing the math at present peso levels. I was just trying to give him a ball park, absolute maximum for a stunner, to compare to BB prices. Ordinary chicas would not rate that much money.

MisterPink
12-05-2004, 08:08 PM
CENSORED

Macky
12-05-2004, 08:36 PM
I know, those prices are blasphemy, but I was trying to give Skittels a rough idea of the disparity between BB and Sosua. Also I hesitate to tell a guy to pay prices that I haven't negotiated myself, that is when I get to Sosua again and get 700 ST and 1000 LT then I would feel better about telling him to do that. For now, for me, it would just be talk. Last time I was there the peso was 44, so I will have my work cut out for me next time around. Last time for me it worked out to about 22 bucks in pesos for ST. Next time I will be shooting for the same 20 dollar mark.

I would say that right now guys on this and other boards are reporting everything from 500 to the moon on prices. But you are right, those prices I quoted in the last post are out of line in light of where the peso is now. Whether they are double I don't know. Seems to me that 700ish and 1200ish would be about right, I think those are more or less the prices that guys were reporting last year when the peso was in the same place it is now.

el_papi_chew_low
02-06-2005, 03:52 PM
[quote=skittels]The cost of the chicas.

I may stay at BB for 1 day in March so I can check out the bikini contest. From the looks of this post, I better either bring a babe with me or go on an off day cause ain't no way I'm gonna pay a hoe these prices.

Willie
02-06-2005, 03:58 PM
I agree with you papi. For those prices I should be leaving with a golden diamond studded dick.

For me its always a ten second thrill. The real fun is the chasing, negotiating and just enjoying the environment. Sometimes the sleazier the better. After you bust that nut , what left but that stupid feeling?

Willie