PDA

View Full Version : Promoting Concerts..........

JDR
12-06-2004, 02:13 PM
Now that might be a business to get into, any suggestions?

BrooklynBeas
12-06-2004, 02:17 PM
i have a suggestion... if you want a business in the DR to make money... then make it a business that you run from your computer and make money off people over the net... if you want to make money off of Dominicans then good luck!

domfan
12-06-2004, 02:46 PM
sin my opinion and hort (12 years....) experience, yes, you can make money out of dominicans in three ways:
>as a ladron - thief, might be risky, see recent posts
>as a military, police or politician, skimming off the own people, not without dangers
>as a chulo - pimp, competition is tough, but clients flowing - see our monger brothas

take your pick, not much left for us gringos.....

BrooklynBeas
12-06-2004, 04:24 PM
sin my opinion and hort (12 years....) experience, yes, you can make money out of dominicans in three ways:
>as a ladron - thief, might be risky, see recent posts
>as a military, police or politician, skimming off the own people, not without dangers
>as a chulo - pimp, competition is tough, but clients flowing - see our monger brothas

take your pick, not much left for us gringos.....

own a monger hotel but make sure you know the right people and make enough money to pay off those right people.... make sure you dont get extorted by the wrong people...

psriches
12-06-2004, 10:13 PM
renting out your condo to a monger is the way to go. purchase a condo in an established hotel. they will rent it out and maintain it for a 15% fee. you just need cash up front to buy. mortgage rates are sometimes crazy.....

Reel Deal
12-07-2004, 01:14 AM
Jimmy-for US$100 an hour, I will consult with you on how to make money in the DR...

:D :D :D

BrooklynBeas
12-07-2004, 07:49 AM
renting out your condo to a monger is the way to go. purchase a condo in an established hotel. they will rent it out and maintain it for a 15% fee. you just need cash up front to buy. mortgage rates are sometimes crazy.....

you dont pay the interest rates in the DR... you take your loan in the US... pay for the condo in DR in FULL... then pay back the mortgage in the US...

Reel Deal
12-07-2004, 08:39 AM

you dont pay the interest rates in the DR... you take your loan in the US... pay for the condo in DR in FULL... then pay back the mortgage in the US...I'd love to find a US financial institution that would take a foreign property as collateral....

I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

That is the primary reason you see property for sale for so long in the DR-financing is problematic.

BrooklynBeas
12-07-2004, 08:58 AM

you dont pay the interest rates in the DR... you take your loan in the US... pay for the condo in DR in FULL... then pay back the mortgage in the US...I'd love to find a US financial institution that would take a foreign property as collateral....

I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

That is the primary reason you see property for sale for so long in the DR-financing is problematic.

what i really meant was that you take a loan in the US and pay it back here and pay off the condo/house in DR in full... I guess it is a lil different then a mortgage... right?

JDR
12-07-2004, 09:00 AM
Properties are cheap enough, pay cash! Refinance your home in the USA.

Reel Deal
12-07-2004, 09:09 AM
what i really meant was that you take a loan in the US and pay it back here and pay off the condo/house in DR in full... I guess it is a lil different then a mortgage... right?

Properties are cheap enough, pay cash! Refinance your home in the USA.Yep. That is the ONLY logical way I'd do it if you cannot get seller financing in the DR @ reasonable rates (and then I wouldn't trust the mortgage holder).

Maybe it's time for a few of us to form a C of A, build a small condo complex FOR our brethren here, and sell units. Think of a building like the Palace (maybe a tad larger), where a guy could own a 1BR unit for around $15,000-$20,000.

BrooklynBeas
12-07-2004, 09:11 AM
[quote=BrooklynBeas]what i really meant was that you take a loan in the US and pay it back here and pay off the condo/house in DR in full... I guess it is a lil different then a mortgage... right?

Properties are cheap enough, pay cash! Refinance your home in the USA.[/qoute]Yep. That is the ONLY logical way I'd do it if you cannot get seller financing in the DR @ reasonable rates (and then I wouldn't trust the mortgage holder).

Maybe it's time for a few of us to form a C of A, build a small condo complex FOR our brethren here, and sell units. Think of a building like the Palace (maybe a tad larger), where a guy could own a 1BR unit for around $15,000-$20,000.

Make sure you know the right people before doing this so your property is not seized by the government... I believe we already know the DA of Sosua... right Jim?

JDR
12-07-2004, 09:16 AM
That is correct, I know the "DA"