PDA

View Full Version : Nice condo in Costambar (near Blackbeard's)

NJT
12-06-2004, 11:40 PM
Hi guys,

Want to let you know about a condo that I bought and am renting in Costambar. 2 BR, 2 bath, pool, near beach, full service. Lots of info and photos are at
www.tedriskin.com/DR

Thanks,
Ted

Don Tomas
12-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Ted, I would like to ask some questions and that way maybe you can generate some business. I read your site and want to highlight some items too.

Questions:
1. I am presuming yes or why advertise here, but is your complex chica friendly? Would a "Happy Hour" be frowned upon?

2. You mention internet, high speed? Is it wireless or ethernet cable? I am presuming you need to bring your own PC.

3. I usually travel alone, are one bedrooms available?

4. Is there any sort of security?

Amenities:
-Louvered windows to feel the ocean breezes (sorry but do they make them any other way in the DR? :D )
-All maid service and linens included
-Free bottled water!!!
-Full kitchen with modern appliances
-Cable TV with 60 channels
-DVD player with small DVD collection
-Small cassette / CD / radio
-Internet
-Back up generator for full-time power!!!
-58,000 gallon back up water supply!!!
-Washing machine!!!
-Lovely pool
-Large roof area with ocean view for private sunbathing

There some additional services available which are slight premium over standard rates but they would fit the gentleman who wants no hassles during his vacation.

-Airport pick up: $25
-Airport pick up with tour guide (Anny): $25 plus $15 per hour
-Full time guide (Tomas) with vehicle: $80 per day
-Cook: $15 per meal / $85 per week
-Massage (at home): $25 for 45 minutes
-Cell phone: $20 first week, $10 additional weeks

JDR
12-07-2004, 09:43 AM
I have a girl that cooks and does Laundry available as well.

NJT
12-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Hi Don Tomas,

Thanks for your reply and interest.

Re: chica friendly, this place would be great for a guy with a novia, or who can have even a little discretion. You would have your own condo, and probably wouldn't come across anyone going in or out. However, out of consideration for other guests, getting raging drunk and then banging two chicas on the balcony would be frowned upon.

We're in the process of getting a new computer and "Flash" internet. Not sure how long that will take. The computer is in the office, which is open in the afternoon, or by arrangement with the staff. Once that's done, I'd like to see if the construction of the building will permit Wifi.

There are two 1-bedrooms and a studio. I could refer you to another owner to check availability.

There is a security guard there - I'm told 24 hours, but I'm not sure if that really happens.

Thanks for posting some of the other details. Again, for rates and photos, folks should visit www.tedriskin.com/DR.

Daybreaker: if you recommend your cook / laundry girl, perhaps I could have her contact info for other guests? She's close to Costambar?

JDR
12-07-2004, 02:44 PM
Daybreaker: if you recommend your cook / laundry girl, perhaps I could have her contact info for other guests? She's close to Costambar?

She can take the public cars to get there. Contact thru me. My girl knows how to reach her.

psienk
05-27-2006, 04:03 PM
This is a nice condo, I stayed there in April and loved the place except there was no housekeeping (I don't know if I was supposed to ask for it). The only other problem was that if your a late sleeper, good luck, it's a lttle noisy in the am hours (between 7:00 and 9:00) by the pool. It is chica friendly (just don't abuse this). Your right next to the beach and a 5 min. walk from BB if needed. I would stay this trip but the condo has been rented.

Kevy
05-27-2006, 04:08 PM
In 2004 I stayed in an aprtment next door to there and there is a German guy accross the street that also rents Apartments. I found it quiet and there weren't any problems.

psriches
05-27-2006, 05:42 PM
In 2004 I stayed in an aprtment next door to there and there is a German guy accross the street that also rents Apartments. I found it quiet and there weren't any problems.Did you have a car? If not, were you able to get around ok?

Kevy
05-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Did you have a car? If not, were you able to get around ok?

It was my first trip and I did a lot of Moto conching into POP.

psriches
05-27-2006, 06:26 PM
It was my first trip and I did a lot of Moto conching into POP.Just curious, as a newbi how did you hear about a condo way out that way?

Kevy
05-27-2006, 06:28 PM
I spent four days at blackdeards and wasn't liking it, so I met some Canadians there and they helped me find it. If you are at Blackbeards it isn't far out of the way. One of the other guys stayed a few days a Blackbeards as well until he found another place.

Apos
05-27-2006, 06:34 PM
I spent four days at blackdeards and wasn't liking it, so I met some Canadians there and they helped me find it. If you are at Blackbeards it isn't far out of the way. One of the other guys stayed a few days a Blackbeards as well until he found another place.
those DAMN CAnadians! always helping people:rolleyes::corky:

BlueDevil
06-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi guys,

Want to let you know about a condo that I bought and am renting in Costambar. 2 BR, 2 bath, pool, near beach, full service. Lots of info and photos are at
www.tedriskin.com/DR

Thanks,
Ted

The presentation on the website is so appealing that I decided to book Manana Hoy #4 for my upcoming trip during the second week of October. Thanks, for the tip, Ted! :wink: