PDA

View Full Version : get reimbursed(the difference) if the price drops AFTER YOU BOUGHT THE TICKET

joeysterr
03-19-2009, 05:45 AM
www.yapta.com (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/www.yapta.com)

1) Not only they can watch the price of the ticket and alert you whenever it drops.(if you choose not to buy the ticket yet)

2) If the price happen to drop of let's say for example $100 AFTER YOU'VE BOUGHT YOUR TICKET they also will get you the reimbursement of the 100 bucks!! Could be either back to the credit/debit card or thru credit in your favor.

This should really cover any worries you had.:wink: I never have used the system before but I believe in it. I first saw it in a news program on TV - not 'paid commercial program' - real news program on 'How to save money'....you betchaaa!!!http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/images/posticons/thumbup.gif never thought of sharing it(forgot) before seeing your thread/post(in the new post button). So there my peeps!!

Jimbo44
03-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Thanx for the heads up!! And I am about to buy a tic on jet Blue either today or tomorrow. I will have to check this site out shortly!!

cainer
03-19-2009, 11:26 AM
They are actually running commercials for it now, althou, i dont think it is this company but a different company. Its where a guy lands in a hovercraft and gives the buyer a rebate check due to them selling the same trip/fare to another person for less.

kris boog
03-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Orbitz.

JD426
03-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Orbitz.
Orbitz sucks my ass. they tried to fuck me out of $250 , I never even signed into the hotel cause it was a fleabag piece of shit. They wanted PAYMENT IN FULL FOR 3 NIGHTS (BILLED ON CC, which I had to dispute) . Not a cancellation fee, but 3 full nights same as if I stayed there.
Better read the fine print.
So Fuck Orbitz, just my .02.

Don Tomas
03-19-2009, 05:46 PM
2) If the price happen to drop of let's say for example $100 AFTER YOU'VE BOUGHT YOUR TICKET they also will get you the reimbursement of the 100 bucks!! Could be either back to the credit/debit card or thru credit in your favor.

Most major airlines do the same thing, just many people are unaware of the policy. Remember someone is paying the middle man, if you want the convienence of being notified of a price change go for it. If you are on the net all day, then why pay someone to keep a browser window open and refreshed...

bige810
03-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Orbitz sucks my ass. they tried to fuck me out of $250 , I never even signed into the hotel cause it was a fleabag piece of shit. They wanted PAYMENT IN FULL FOR 3 NIGHTS (BILLED ON CC, which I had to dispute) . Not a cancellation fee, but 3 full nights same as if I stayed there.
Better read the fine print.
So Fuck Orbitz, just my .02.

I have to say Fuck Orbitz as well. My first trip to the DR was booked through them. The price was right but I booked for PP without knowing that STO wasn't as easy to get to as I thought by being a newbie. Well, taxi fare was $165 USD round trip but I didn't have a problem with that. My problem was that Delta changed the flight times on the return trip and I got NO notification about it. Needless to say that I missed my flight and had to lose a day's salary from work, a $50 USD trip to the Hotel Platino, another $100 USD for the room and $40 back to STO.
Now I book all phases of the trips on my own. My advice is to look and book early if you see a bargain or spend some time to find what falls through the cracks when the time is right.....
But not on orbitz
Peace:smile:

Pacoloco
03-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Most major airlines do the same thing, just many people are unaware of the policy. A few years ago but not anymore. Delta used to give a credit towards your next ticket but last time I checked it's a 100.00 change fee to rebook at the lower fare. Now according to this chart it's 150.00! along with American, United, Northwest, Continental and US Air.
http://www.bestfares.com/news-newsID1371-Domestic_Airlines_Change_Fee_Chart.html

Don Tomas
03-19-2009, 10:01 PM
A few years ago but not anymore. Delta used to give a credit towards your next ticket but last time I checked it's a 100.00 change fee to rebook at the lower fare. Now according to this chart it's 150.00! along with American, United, Northwest, Continental and US Air.
http://www.bestfares.com/news-newsID1371-Domestic_Airlines_Change_Fee_Chart.html

You are talking change fees, where the itinerary changes. I am talking about "rollovers" the same thing that the website mentioned above provide where the price on the same exact flight changes.

Here's an article a few months ago about it, actually they mention Yapta.
http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/103059/How-to-Get-Money-Back-When-Airfares-Drop

Pacoloco
03-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Hmmm, I understand what you're saying but if the price drops on a flight I already bought, Delta charges the change fee to "rebook" it at the lower fare. At least that's what they told me twice last year, that they no longer "downfare" and it would cost 100.00 so if the fare hadn't dropped over 100.00 it would not be worth it.

But still you have me wondering, a flight I recently booked to NY has dropped 60.00 so I'm going to call them again...

Jimbo44
03-20-2009, 03:57 PM
I just booked yesterday on Jet Blue for a RT trip from JFK to Pop for a price that was 43.00 less than Yapta quoted me!!

balcoach
03-20-2009, 05:37 PM
yapta has a substantial FEE! best to go to the source!

Jimmydr
03-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Most major airlines do the same thing, just many people are unaware of the policy. Remember someone is paying the middle man, if you want the convienence of being notified of a price change go for it. If you are on the net all day, then why pay someone to keep a browser window open and refreshed...

American Airlines stopped last year.