PDA

View Full Version : What can be bought a SD pawn shops ? electronics ?

PARTYBOY
12-10-2004, 08:44 AM
Assuming they are stocked with stolen goods....

How is the selection? prices?

Jimmydr
12-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Assuming they are stocked with stolen goods....

How is the selection? prices?

They are not stolen. Victor owns 6 shops in the North and cops are always checking to see if he has stolen goods.

PARTYBOY
12-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Why was a robbed tourist directed to a local shop to reciver his stolen cam corder

Don Tomas
12-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Why was a robbed tourist directed to a local shop to reciver his stolen cam corder

This is probably a catch-22.

1. Yes people get robbed, that is life.
2. Some people file police reports.
3. In the DR a police report isn't shared and only applicable to that town.
4. I am sure cops check the pawn shops, but you can steal in Sosua and sell in Santiago to defeat the cop check.

nuhomet
12-10-2004, 10:31 AM
I visited a pawn shop on my second trip and saw nothing of any value.

BrooklynBeas
12-10-2004, 11:05 AM
i never really noticed any pawn shops... maybe i wasnt looking for it... but where are they in Sosua and what do they have... someone must know... anyone know if i can find my ipod there?

Don Tomas
12-10-2004, 11:07 AM
i never really noticed any pawn shops... maybe i wasnt looking for it... but where are they in Sosua and what do they have... someone must know... anyone know if i can find my ipod there?

You can find it here BB...

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

JDR
12-10-2004, 11:07 AM

They are called compra/vende or something like that. There is a big one near Leo's.

BrooklynBeas
12-10-2004, 11:18 AM

They are called compra/vende or something like that. There is a big one near Leo's.

Guess i just never noticed... I go to Leos every other day for a haircut and or shave

BrooklynBeas
12-10-2004, 11:19 AM
DT i know you can find it there... but i dont want to buy it and if i do buy it i dont want to pay full price :D

I need to save my money for Colombia!

jd_mine
12-10-2004, 05:11 PM
They call em Compravendas. Beas, there is one next to leos in that very small shopping centre. The putas are always bringing their stuff there or picking it up...

domfan
12-11-2004, 08:57 AM
you can get very good deals on jewellery, too. in that case, the best assorted is ANTONIO downtown puerto plata, near caribe tours terminal.
all my novias got their presents from there, they wrap them nicely, makes better impression than just a manila enveloppe.....