PDA

View Full Version : Questions-Plz answer by 6pm today so I can book

Skynyrd
03-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Hey guys,
Im booking my American tickets today and normally I fly in/out POP..I noticed today that I can fly IN /POP as normal BUT...If I fly OUT of Santiago it cuts down on the layover time and gets me home to Tampa 6 hrs ealier 4:30pm and not 10:30pm..Remember its a 2 hr drive from Tampa so I get home at like 1-2am which SUX.

QUESTIONS:
How long does it take to get to Santiago Airport and how fast is the chk in time?
Whats the average Taxi from NG to STI ?

The price from Pop is identical $345.00 RT..Im just nopt sure about catching a 8:40am flight home if I gotta get up at 3am to get there :)

Hemp
03-27-2009, 01:40 PM
average taxi ride NG TO STI is about $80 bucks takes about an hour and a half to 2 hrs depending on traffic, rain etc...

STI is a main hub, always crowded and constant planes arriving and departing AA always has the longest lines...i would say be 2 and half hrs early for your departing flight. i stopped flying into and out of STI a while ago, POP i find is much smoother. perhaps because its less busier than sti.

Skynyrd
03-27-2009, 01:46 PM
average taxi ride NG TO STI is about $80 bucks takes about an hour and a half to 2 hrs depending on traffic, rain etc...

STI is a main hub, always crowded and constant planes arriving and departing AA always has the longest lines...i would say be 2 and half hrs early for your departing flight. i stopped flying into and out of STI a while ago, POP i find is much smoother. perhaps because its less busier than sti.

Wow based on that info for an 8:30am flight I need to allow 2hrs drive and 2 hrs chk in time so I need to leave NG at 4:00am (wake at 3:00am)
PLUS 80 bucks..F*** That ..im going the normal way POP

Thanks

Hemp
03-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Yea...I mean, the drive from sosua to sti you never know what could happen on those D.R. roads so i used to always make sure i was a couple hrs early.

More importanly, i didnt know Ocala was 2 hrs from Tampa??? Im down here in south broward county bout 6 or so hrs from ya. The Miami-dade county city limit is about 2 mintues up the rd. from my home. I'll be spending a weekend in tampa in the next few months so i'll PM you when i come up that way.

elsucio
03-27-2009, 02:18 PM

What he said....

Skynyrd
03-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Yea...I mean, the drive from sosua to sti you never know what could happen on those D.R. roads so i used to always make sure i was a couple hrs early.

More importanly, i didnt know Ocala was 2 hrs from Tampa??? Im down here in south broward county bout 6 or so hrs from ya. The Miami-dade county city limit is about 2 mintues up the rd. from my home. I'll be spending a weekend in tampa in the next few months so i'll PM you when i come up that way.

Great I look forward to hearing from ya...Yes the TPA is 2 hrs maybe 1 1/2 if ya lucky..right down I-75.
The great thing about Ocala is the distance is the same to MRO Orlando Airport so I can chk both prices and pick the cheapest...its funny sometimes Orlando is cheaper and other times like this one (I booked today RT Sosua) $345.00 Tampa...Versus 385.00 Orlando

DCIronman
03-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Wow based on that info for an 8:30am flight I need to allow 2hrs drive and 2 hrs chk in time so I need to leave NG at 4:00am (wake at 3:00am)

Thanks

Yeah. It'd be pretty tight unless you want to consider spending that last night in Santiago (you could do a lot worse for your last night).

That's why I never book morning departure flights. It's hard making that morning rush to the airport after partying all night.

Ah well. Since it's an AA flight out of STI, the reality is that you'd probably rush to the airport and find that your flight has been delayed anyway. I've never had an AA flight arrive or depart from STI on time. A couple of times, it ended up being more convenient to fly out the next morning. The only reason I still fly into STI is because I always spend a couple of nights in Santiago.

I can't wait for Delta to restart service to STI. They're scheduled to do so later on this year.

jadedguy
03-27-2009, 05:22 PM
What are your dates skynrd?

Skynyrd
03-27-2009, 06:05 PM
What are your dates skynrd?

May 28 - June 2

KoKi9290
03-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Just a thought but many times I have left from Santiago, and spent the last night at the Hotel Platino, or more often, at a cabana (requires car). The road from town to the airport is filled with cabanas and Passion nightclub is right in the middle as are a couple car washes. The early morning flight is usually not full and I've never had a problem with tardy check ins. I've always liked Santagueras and the night life is good if you know your way around. But it is not point and click like Sosua. If you go, check with ChicaSeeka for the latest. He lives there about half the time.

rdmatheny
03-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah. It'd be pretty tight unless you want to consider spending that last night in Santiago (you could do a lot worse for your last night).

That's why I never book morning departure flights. It's hard making that morning rush to the airport after partying all night.

Ah well. Since it's an AA flight out of STI, the reality is that you'd probably rush to the airport and find that your flight has been delayed anyway. I've never had an AA flight arrive or depart from STI on time. A couple of times, it ended up being more convenient to fly out the next morning. The only reason I still fly into STI is because I always spend a couple of nights in Santiago.

I can't wait for Delta to restart service to STI. They're scheduled to do so later on this year.

I have a flight leaving STI April 25 to ATL on Delta.

whatever
03-28-2009, 10:53 AM

Thanks

I was checking a couple of weeks ago and I saw the STI flights
were less than POP. I didn't like the morning departure from STI
(get up at 3am - argh!) and did some searching and found AA
has evening flights from STI->MIA on Wednesdays, Fridays, and
Saturdays. I don't know where you're coming from but if you go
through MIA you don't have to get up so early.

whatever
03-28-2009, 11:04 AM

$80 * 2 = $160. You can rent a economy car (Chevy Volt) for less than that.

It's an old post but I found directions from STI to Caberete here (http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/39358-request-sti-sosua-driving-directions-4.html#post300821). I
found a recent confirmation of the route here (http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/86545-roads-santiago.html). And bus routes here (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68515).

Hemp
03-28-2009, 11:13 AM
there are other alternatives for those who dont want to take the rent a car route such as, Caribe Tours bus for less than 200 pesos i believe.

$80 * 2 = $160. You can rent a economy car (Chevy Volt) for less than that.

It's an old post but I found directions from STI to Caberete here (http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/39358-request-sti-sosua-driving-directions-4.html#post300821). I
found a recent confirmation of the route here (http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/86545-roads-santiago.html). And bus routes here (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68515).

jadedguy
03-29-2009, 08:10 PM
May 28 - June 2

Oops, will miss you by a month... come back in Nov too lol :D