PDA

View Full Version : HELL YES!!! Great Presidente News!!!!!!!!

Don Tomas
12-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Of major importance during vacations and holidays is the news that the National Brewery, makers of the ubiquitous Presidente beer, has just announced the introduction a new bottle size: one full liter, or 33 ounces. Rafael Melo, Presidente's brand manager, told El Caribe that the new bottle will contain as much beverage as "grande" and a "pequena" combined. At normal prices, these two bottles would cost RD$75, while the new size will sell for just RD$60. According to Melo, the new bottle will encourage family and friends to get together during the holidays.

knotty
12-10-2004, 02:02 PM
wow... a 33oz bottle. I figured the next size would be a forty, but 33 will do. That damn sure is alot of beer, and cheaper without buying separate.

Reel Deal
12-10-2004, 02:02 PM
"SuperGrande"?

That won't fit into your custom, hand-carved exotic wood Grande holder, wil it?

Don Tomas
12-10-2004, 02:10 PM
"SuperGrande"?

I haven't been able to find the bottle on the Web site yet but I am sure I will manage to survive without the holder. :wink:

JDR
12-10-2004, 02:22 PM
I am sure the new holders are being produced as we type. :D

Reel Deal
12-10-2004, 02:22 PM
"SuperGrande"?

I haven't been able to find the bottle on the Web site yet but I am sure I will manage to survive without the holder. :wink:Doesn't Colt 45 and Old English Malt Liquor (among many others) come in quart bottles in the US? How come we don't drink from those here, but want to in the DR?

Heck, in the US, you just put a quart of beer in a paper bag, and hang behind the 7-11 drinking it-and passing it around-to your buds... :lol:

BrooklynBeas
12-10-2004, 02:33 PM
"SuperGrande"?

I haven't been able to find the bottle on the Web site yet but I am sure I will manage to survive without the holder. :wink:Doesn't Colt 45 and Old English Malt Liquor (among many others) come in quart bottles in the US? How come we don't drink from those here, but want to in the DR?

Heck, in the US, you just put a quart of beer in a paper bag, and hang behind the 7-11 drinking it-and passing it around-to your buds... :lol:

In NY you dont pass it around to your buds you just drink it all by yourself

knotty
12-11-2004, 12:59 PM
"SuperGrande"?

colt 45 and Old E, as well as many other brands come in 22oz and 40oz bottles. I remember some years ago Old E had a 64oz bottle.

BigTrick
12-11-2004, 01:40 PM
wow... a 33oz bottle. I figured the next size would be a forty, but 33 will do. That damn sure is alot of beer, and cheaper without buying separate.

I'm with Knotty......I say we rally for a 40 oz bottle

gdogg
12-11-2004, 01:46 PM
colt 45 and Old E, as well as many other brands come in 22oz and 40oz bottles. I remember some years ago Old E had a 64oz bottle.

I remember those big Old E bottles. Brings back memories...I didn't even know they stopped making them. Gulp one down and you were STRAIGHT!!
8)

BigTrick
12-11-2004, 02:04 PM

I remember those big Old E bottles. Brings back memories...I didn't even know they stopped making them. Gulp one down and you were STRAIGHT!!
8)

Don't remind me. I can't beleive I ever drank that shit. But the worst is Sysco and MD 20/20

gdogg
12-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Don't remind me. I can't beleive I ever drank that shit. But the worst is Sysco and MD 20/20

You are definitely my homeboy!

Don Tomas
12-11-2004, 03:43 PM

8)

I still like Grape MD20/20! :shock:

Black Ghost
12-11-2004, 05:30 PM

8)

Cysco aka liquid crack.... 2 cysco's and a blunt was all it took...remeber the good ole days :wink: As for the big O-E bottles ya'll can thank guliani for that one he got rid of em same time he shut down 42nd st.

knotty
12-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Damn, y'all brought back alot of memories with the Cisco and Mad Dog. I use to drink those like crazy in high school. Cisco had so many flavors to choose from. But they sure would sneak up on you if you drank too many. Bad hangover at the end of the day.

Black Ghost
12-12-2004, 08:58 AM
Damn, y'all brought back alot of memories with the Cisco and Mad Dog. I use to drink those like crazy in high school. Cisco had so many flavors to choose from. But they sure would sneak up on you if you drank too many. Bad hangover at the end of the day.

You aint lyin....first time i ever drank it i thought it was like a wine cooler and drank 4 back 2 back :oops: i hurled almost allll dayyy never again! i had to take like 5 spliffs to the head to stop throwing up.

RearWindow
12-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Of major importance during vacations and holidays is the news that the National Brewery, makers of the ubiquitous Presidente beer, has just announced the introduction a new bottle size: one full liter, or 33 ounces. Rafael Melo, Presidente's brand manager, told El Caribe that the new bottle will contain as much beverage as "grande" and a "pequena" combined. At normal prices, these two bottles would cost RD$75, while the new size will sell for just RD$60. According to Melo, the new bottle will encourage family and friends to get together during the holidays. Only the DR could use that last sentence with a straight face :P And you sure as hell don't want to leave one of those empty moabs around your room. A Chica could put you down with one of them.

domfan
12-15-2004, 01:50 PM
well, hell, yes, best news since long. i washed down some chicharrone with one of these jumbos, good feeling! and 60 pesos at the colmado!