PDA

View Full Version : Bosch film: Fortunato's best

NewsWhore
04-01-2009, 06:00 PM
"Bosch: President on the Imperial Front", a documentary about the Juan Bosch presidency (February - September 1963) will be showing at theaters nationwide as of Thursday, 16 April. The 95-minute film on the story of the founder of the two leading political parties in the DR, the PRD and the ruling PLD, premiered at the National Theater in the presence of the board of the ruling PLD political party and government cabinet members, including Vice President Rafael Alburquerque. El Caribe reviews the film, saying that it is director Rene Fortunato's best documentary, and also provides an anecdote about the audience reaction.
On screen, when the late Bosch comments: "I do not have anything, I do not have money or a house in the country or abroad, nor does my wife, Carmen Quidiello have assets," the audience burst into enthusiastic applause. More applause came when in the film Bosch ordered an investigation into corruption denounced by businessman Celso Perez, resulting in the dismissal of a government official. In the DR today, multiple cases of corruption are denounced by the press, often backed up with evidence, yet officials continue in their posts despite the irregularities.
The film will also be shown at the Lincoln Center in New York on 8 May.
El Caribe reports that the film chronicles the main political and social events during the first months of 1963 - the military coup, US foreign policy under President John F Kennedy and the links with military coups in Latin America.
"I am presenting a film that may serve as a reference of a model of government for our society, and on the country Juan Bosch envisioned. So that this and the future generations can understand the vision for the country that Bosch had conceived and the men who worked with him and drafted the Constitution of 1963, when these principles, values and those dreams were incorporated, " Fortunato told El Caribe.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#13)