PDA

View Full Version : Need opinion on JFK airport

robo-dick
04-01-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm looking at booking again for end of May, POP. I usually fly thru Atlanta or Miami, but found a good deal out of Detroit, to JFK to Santigo. I don't mind landing in Santiago and taking the bus to POP. The flight to JFK arrives late, after 11pm, and leaves the next day at 7am, almost not worth getting a motel unless there is one thats close and cheap, OR are they laxed enough at JFk I can just find my gate and crash there all night? I never tried that.

Jimmydr
04-01-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm looking at booking again for end of May, POP. I usually fly thru Atlanta or Miami, but found a good deal out of Detroit, to JFK to Santigo. I don't mind landing in Santiago and taking the bus to POP. The flight to JFK arrives late, after 11pm, and leaves the next day at 7am, almost not worth getting a motel unless there is one thats close and cheap, OR are they laxed enough at JFk I can just find my gate and crash there all night? I never tried that.

Yes people sleep on the floor at these airports.

robo-dick
04-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Good, thanks for that info.

Jimmydr
04-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Good, thanks for that info.

Hotels nearby are $100 plus.

voltage69
04-01-2009, 07:24 PM
if you pick the right nearby hotel you can start mongering right there.

Juggles
04-01-2009, 08:50 PM
take a look at the website "sleeping in airports" (link below)

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/usa/newyorkjfk.htm

They are usually right on with the reviews. BTW JFK is consistenly rated one of the WORST.

Food for thought.

robo-dick
04-01-2009, 09:53 PM
take a look at the website "sleeping in airports" (link below)

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/usa/newyorkjfk.htm

They are usually right on with the reviews. BTW JFK is consistenly rated one of the WORST.

Food for thought.

Nice....Guess i'll have to stay focused on puta awaiting in Sosua to make it thru the night at JFK??

sicpup71
04-01-2009, 10:09 PM

what airline??if it's jetblue it's a new terminal also why not fly into pop on jetblue?

joeysterr
04-01-2009, 11:28 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl:HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA!!!!......that is true!!

sicpup71
04-02-2009, 12:10 AM

so true....

bpl0116
04-02-2009, 03:12 AM
look at a place inside jfk called oasis....you pay 30 for all inclusive..food booze and shower..its one of the terminals where all the shops are..it was the best 30 i ever spent for a 4 hr layover.

robo-dick
04-02-2009, 09:03 AM
look at a place inside jfk called oasis....you pay 30 for all inclusive..food booze and shower..its one of the terminals where all the shops are..it was the best 30 i ever spent for a 4 hr layover.

Is this place open all night?

robo-dick
04-02-2009, 09:04 AM
what airline??if it's jetblue it's a new terminal also why not fly into pop on jetblue?

Its on Delta, 135.00.

Hunter
04-02-2009, 09:54 AM
To me.. .jumping through hoops staying overnight somewhere, getting dog ass tired, to save a couple hundred books is just not worth it....

There are other areas in life to save but not that...

bpl0116
04-03-2009, 04:12 AM
i think it closes at like 3 am and then reopens at 5 am//

robo-dick
04-04-2009, 03:49 AM
To me.. .jumping through hoops staying overnight somewhere, getting dog ass tired, to save a couple hundred books is just not worth it....

There are other areas in life to save but not that...

Staying over night for 5-7 hours isnt exaclty jumping hoops when I'm looking at saving 150 plus bucks for a quick overnight stay.

Damn Hunter, Do you even have a clue?

Elvis
04-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Definitely consider the Oasis, it's a very nice club - very few people at night ! I wouldn't spend money on a hotel, as it's better to stay in the airport. I've done it when there were JFK-SJU (San Juan) flights, then heading to STI the next day.

Hemp
04-04-2009, 09:54 PM
fuck those over priced hotels/motels around there...crash at the airport! When i have long layovers i just throw on my IPOD find a nice corner stretch out carry on under my head set alarm and go to sleep.