PDA

View Full Version : santiago

newyorkcitycarl2006
06-07-2006, 10:40 PM
flying in from nyc jet blue will be ther june 15 am need a place to stal for a couple of hours then catch the bus to pp or should i cab it after the flight?

Apos
06-07-2006, 10:43 PM
flying in from nyc jet blue will be ther june 15 am need a place to stal for a couple of hours then catch the bus to pp or should i cab it after the flight? a cab t ososua will cost you 1900 peoso, as of april last, so $60-70 USD

a hotel atleast 600 pesos plus the taxi to the hotel and to the bus station not to mention the 90 pesos to sosua and the taxi or the moto to where you are staying...:rolleyes:

myself if arriving after about 8:00pm it's a taxi direct!:mrgreen:

prtyr2
06-08-2006, 11:32 AM
He most likely arrives after 3 am since he is flying jet blue.

Taxi would be best bet.

Followed by staying in a cabana till morning and taking caribe tours to sosua.

Last choice. . . .which I may or may not have done once. . . .taxi from STI to Patron Burger and hang there till Caribe tours opens and jump on the first bus.

Don Tomas
06-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Last choice. . . .which I may or may not have done once. . . .taxi from STI to Patron Burger and hang there till Caribe tours opens and jump on the first bus.

Great Idea!!!

Patron Burger is 24 hours, but watch your bags, DO NOT sit next to the railing with your bags. (Someone told me a story of his first ever trip to the DR in 96, he was at Patron burger and had a backpack with him, with his wallet & passport in it. A pickup truck backed up to the railing and a guy came up, grabbed the bag, hopped the railing into the back of the pickup and off they went!)

As for Caribe Tours, it is practically a block away across the street.

Bug Boy
06-09-2006, 09:38 AM
flying in from nyc jet blue will be ther june 15 am need a place to stal for a couple of hours then catch the bus to pp or should i cab it after the flight?
cab it directly to sosua, hang there until rockys opens at seven, or call your hotel/condo and tell em to expect you early and they will probably accomadate you.

Beads
06-09-2006, 07:49 PM
id cab it directly to Sosua (prolly arrive 3 or 4am). drop luggage off at the palace (get a room for the night if your not staying there already they have a guy in front 24/7). hit classicos and snag a chica and head back to the room!