PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants in BC

RearWindow
04-12-2004, 04:59 PM
I have had some great meals from a few restaurants in Boca Chica, notably Italy Italy, and Muchachachas,and Da Nancy, and The Suisse. One can also get a great grilled pork sandwich in the evening from a cart vendor that sets up next to the internet place near La Cueva. Fantastic seafood from Italy Italy, and Muchachachas, Da Nancy has something good for everyone, and the pasta dishes at The Suisse are great.

Bug Boy
04-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Italy Italy is good. I ordered the same dish (filet mignon) two nights in a row. The meat is good, but the bacon mushroom sauce they pour on it is fantastic.

-Helpmann

RearWindow
09-05-2004, 08:33 PM
Also, check out The Boathouse, near Italy Italy, but ON the beach. Really nice garlic dishes, notably the shrimp, and my fave pulpo (octopus).

The German place next to Plaza Isla Bonita has reopened , and they have a very good pasta bolognese, which i find (imho) to be the best mongering dinner ever. Not heavy, you get yer protein AND carbs, and yer good to go all nite. : :wink:

WSJ3
09-05-2004, 08:44 PM
RearWindow I love the "You dont pay them to FU%K You pay them to leave line"

RearWindow
09-05-2004, 09:00 PM
But 8) it's not original, merely a twist on a very old saying. But one that never fails to be relevant and especially true in BC. And sometimes paying them won't get them to go... :wink:

Peace is very elegant. And needed right now!
Sorry we can't meet this time. God willing, many more opportunities for all of us here!

kammakaze1
04-29-2005, 11:13 PM
check out the restaurant at the el caucho hotel...has been reviewed on the boca chica and hotel section for boca...

good italian and dominican food..rotisserie chicken fresh daily!
www.elcaucho.com

continentalmike
05-06-2005, 07:23 AM
I was there in early March.. even for a simple pizza they tried for US$ 20-25 for a dinner.. we wound up eating at the beach from the stalls just off the beach.. we would send the novia's to get fish from our favorite stall and some papas as well... have some ron y coke or whatever we wanted to go with it... breakfast was around RD$ 100-200 for 4 and dinner around RD$ 500 for 4...

We really cut down on the food expenses!

Bug Boy
05-06-2005, 07:40 AM
I was there in early March.. even for a simple pizza they tried for US$ 20-25 for a dinner.. we wound up eating at the beach from the stalls just off the beach.. You were in Boca Chica in early March???

-Helpmann :shock:

continentalmike
05-06-2005, 11:24 AM
I was there in early March.. even for a simple pizza they tried for US$ 20-25 for a dinner.. we wound up eating at the beach from the stalls just off the beach.. You were in Boca Chica in early March???

Yep, around 5 days at the start of March.. you too?

We stayed at the Italian cheap hotel.. Azurri I think it's called

We just hung out at the beach with a party of 4-5 (DT, 2 novia's and my friend and me) during the day.. mainly went to SDQ at night..

Bug Boy
05-06-2005, 11:48 AM

Yep, around 5 days at the start of March.. you too?

We stayed at the Italian cheap hotel.. Azurri I think it's called

We just hung out at the beach with a party of 4-5 (DT, 2 novia's and my friend and me) during the day.. mainly went to SDQ at night..OK. DT said he was in BC around that time and he left a couple of messages on my Orange voicemail.

I didn't arrive until Saturday, March 5. :(

-Helpmann

continentalmike
05-06-2005, 12:16 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pfff... glad it's OK.. you had me worried a bit there..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know we just missed you ... prob not your thing we were with the serious girls..

prtyr2
05-07-2005, 11:48 AM
I agree on the El Caucho recommendation. I am one of the pickiest eaters on the planet, and I ate there 3 times! Of course I ate the same thing all 3 nights. . . .LOL. Danny is an italian guy and certainly seems to enjoy making the guests happy.