PDA

View Full Version : weather in puerto plata

domfan
12-15-2004, 01:47 PM
gee, its pouring down for 2 days now. the perfect weather to hide away into a cabana, doing a 152..........

BrooklynBeas
12-16-2004, 01:35 PM
gee, its pouring down for 2 days now. the perfect weather to hide away into a cabana, doing a 152..........

whatever the weather is in DR right now... its gotta be better then it was in NYC today... froze my ass off coming to work this morning... 28 degrees

gdogg
12-16-2004, 10:02 PM
It was just as cold here in Atlanta, if you can believe that. I just smiled and thought "two more weeks!".
:shock:

continentalmike
12-17-2004, 02:34 AM
It's still raining cats and dogs... in the Gaspar Hernandez area.. electricity difficult and comms by phone unreliable.. but the Doms are still preparing for Noche Buena!

Reel Deal
12-17-2004, 08:01 AM
I just learned about the DR "rainy season". Makeds me a little concerned about flying a small plane into it. Guess I'll monitor the weather before making a go/no go decision.

Last thing I wanna do is fly an instrument approach in IMC a strange airport without radar coverage, and listening to a controller who speaks pig English... :(

BrooklynBeas
12-17-2004, 09:03 AM
I just learned about the DR "rainy season". Makeds me a little concerned about flying a small plane into it. Guess I'll monitor the weather before making a go/no go decision.

Last thing I wanna do is fly an instrument approach in IMC a strange airport without radar coverage, and listening to a controller who speaks pig English... :(.

Good luck buddy... if you dont make it can you leave Gecko's to me in your will? Or can we at least finalize the adoption transaction before you leave :D

Don Tomas
12-17-2004, 12:06 PM
It's still raining cats and dogs... in the Gaspar Hernandez area.. electricity difficult and comms by phone unreliable.. but the Doms are still preparing for Noche Buena!

Noche Buena? Can I get a un-litteral translation of "Good Night"?

domfan
12-18-2004, 09:48 AM
NB = christmas eve,,,,,
this morning: bright sun, there is still hope for christmas my brethern...

Don Tomas
12-18-2004, 06:08 PM
NB = christmas eve,,,,,
this morning: bright sun, there is still hope for christmas my brethern...

Thank you,

BTW You mean you aren't dreaming of a White Christmas? :lol:

domfan
12-19-2004, 12:04 PM
today: bright sun again, there's hope.....

nuhomet
12-19-2004, 12:24 PM
BTW You mean you aren't dreaming of a White Christmas? :lol:

Actually I am dreaming of a dark chocolate to dark olive Xmas.

BigTrick
12-19-2004, 12:58 PM
IT'S FUCKING SNOWING IN ATLANTA.....WHAT THE FUCK!

Yes it's snowing but not cold enough to stick...like 40 degrees out. But it will be a mess tonight when it freezes. I think they only have one salt truck for the whole city.

WSJ3
12-19-2004, 01:23 PM
I didn't think that it snowed in ATL...

How often do you get snow during the year?

BigTrick
12-19-2004, 01:38 PM
I didn't think that it snowed in ATL...

How often do you get snow during the year?

We may get a few inches of snow maybe once or twice a year. The whole city shuts down. People from up north usually laugh saying they can't believe everything is closed because of 1 inch of snow.

Today they were only flurries. They turned to water soon as they hit the ground. But tonight it’s supposed to freeze. Atlanta isn't really equipment to handle ice/snow. Driving to work will be hell tomorrow

WSJ3
12-19-2004, 01:51 PM
It was like that when I lived in Southern California Big Trick...

When it would rain heavy there were always 10-15 car wreaks on the freeway.

Its like everyones mind shuts down and they can't function in bad weather.

Good luck getting into the office tomorrow.

gdogg
12-19-2004, 05:47 PM
It's down to 36 (and still dropping) in Atlanta. If there is a single patch of ice...the city will indeed shut down. There probably is a long line at all the grocery stores. It's funny, but I'm glad I'm here.

WSJ3
12-19-2004, 06:51 PM
It's down to 36 (and still dropping) in Atlanta. If there is a single patch of ice...the city will indeed shut down. There probably is a long line at all the grocery stores. It's funny, but I'm glad I'm here.

You are still better off then we are in NYC in terms of the winter months.

BigTrick
12-19-2004, 11:36 PM

You are still better off then we are in NYC in terms of the winter months.

Yea it pretty dam cold in the winter there. I don't know how all the Dominican do it. The ones who have never been to NYC or the USA and move.

D_W_
12-20-2004, 03:14 AM
It is too fucking cold...I mean it's fucking miserable.

Wheels up in Newark to POP T-Minues 42 days!

guttaman
12-26-2004, 10:35 PM
6 inches of snow and counting. NY to Boston train ran out of beer. Cab hit a light post. Dog shit on the rug. 17 more days and counting.

D_W_
01-20-2005, 05:24 PM
T-Minus 10 days 16 Hours and 46 minutes!

This is torture! :x :x :x

knotty
01-20-2005, 05:53 PM
try not to think about it. The time will go faster...I'm lying. :lol:

vagabond
01-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Here in Sosua, it was sunny good weather on sunday and monday. Since then it has been raining and raining, and you don't need an airconditioner, thats for sure.

D_W_
01-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Here in Sosua, it was sunny good weather on sunday and monday. Since then it has been raining and raining, and you don't need an airconditioner, thats for sure.

Why? Is it chilly?

D_W_
01-20-2005, 10:31 PM
try not to think about it. The time will go faster...I'm lying. :lol:

I can't! My buddies can't get any work done either!