PDA

View Full Version : Harborview or Field of Dreams?

nnjdave
04-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Are these 2 one and the same? Is Billy gone? Just as I was getting ready to make reservations, these 2 appear crss-linked. They are both owned by the same developement company.

Does anyone have info newer than July 2008? I'm looking for a quality spot for me and my ATF.

weyland
04-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Are these 2 one and the same? Is Billy gone? Just as I was getting ready to make reservations, these 2 appear crss-linked. They are both owned by the same developement company.

Does anyone have info newer than July 2008? I'm looking for a quality spot for me and my ATF.
Hi Dave

This is the current position.

Field of Dreams is a hotel owned by Alberto Noesi (or by one of his companies). It is located about 2 miles to the east of Puerto Plata (in the direction of Sosúa) almost opposite Playa Dorada. Billy is not involved in the day to day running but helps liaise with English speaking clients (which is 98% of the guests) and is always willing to help and advise as he has a financial interest in the place doing well.

Harbor View is located just on the west edge of Puerto Plata (on the main road to Costambar and Santiago). It is a block of eight condos, owned by various people including Billy (he lives there), Alberto (for rental) and others. There are some owner-occupiers (and most are not mongers) and some are for short-term or long-term rental.

It is chica friendly but not the place for wild parties because non-mongers (including couples and sometimes children as guests) may be present. There are very limited vacancies but worth trying if you want a "family" yet "monger-sympathetic" environment. It is where I always stay and I love it, but I am too old and staid for drunken sex orgies so it suits me. It might suit you too if you intend to concentrate on one chica. All the condos have kitchens so she could cook for you too, although there is a bar with good food at reasonable prices if your chica is too lazy. There is a small pool.

Field of Dreams would also suit you if you want to be "romantic". It is a lovely setting and would be more tranquil than a popular monger hotel like "New Garden" which is more suited to revolving door mongering. The rooms at FoD are small (unless you book a double or suite) whereas the rooms at Harbor View are very large.

yayow
04-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Here is a thread that might help you in regards to the Field of Dreams photos etc.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=174112&highlight=field+Dreams

and another that may help

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=147793&highlight=field+Dreams

Read these threads regarding the Field of Dreams and most of your questions should be answered.

Roy
04-16-2009, 07:40 PM

Billy took FOD over.

3somefan
04-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Field of Dreams is a hotel owned by Alberto Noesi (or by one of his companies). It is Billy is not involved in the day to day running but helps liaise with English speaking clients (which is 98% of the guests) and is always willing to help and advise as he has a financial interest in the place doing well.

Billy took FOD over.

Billy has NOT taken over FOD, the above statement by Weyland is the most accurate account of Billy's involvement. :)

Roy
04-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Billy has NOT taken over FOD, the above statement by Weyland is the most accurate account of Billy's involvement. :)

This is from another site... in Billy's words - so we can all be clear:

"The Field of Dreams Inn

Hola Former Clients: I’m pleased to say we have the hotel back. Leno, the owner of Cristals was behind 8 months in payments and his flawed business plan showed no signs of him catching up. His Miami partners were not going to give him any more money so he was forced to return the property to us.

He took what he had put in that was not cemented or nailed down but still left us with much more than he was in arrears with his mortgage payments. Nice paved driveway, walled in complex, new pool side bar, with 2 new suites and a 2 bedroom suite out of my old living quarters.

Alberto will staff the hotel (fewer problems for him than I had) and will have more pull with the water company, electricity company and tax department. The regular room rate will be $35.00 a night and as always companion friendly.

I will be handling reservations and promotion of the hotel on the old web sites with new photos and rates for the suite.

Bill (DominicanBilly) Lane."

Jimmydr
04-18-2009, 10:52 AM

"The Field of Dreams Inn

Hola Former Clients: I’m pleased to say we have the hotel back. Leno, the owner of Cristals was behind 8 months in payments and his flawed business plan showed no signs of him catching up. His Miami partners were not going to give him any more money so he was forced to return the property to us.

He took what he had put in that was not cemented or nailed down but still left us with much more than he was in arrears with his mortgage payments. Nice paved driveway, walled in complex, new pool side bar, with 2 new suites and a 2 bedroom suite out of my old living quarters.

Alberto will staff the hotel (fewer problems for him than I had) and will have more pull with the water company, electricity company and tax department. The regular room rate will be $35.00 a night and as always companion friendly.

I will be handling reservations and promotion of the hotel on the old web sites with new photos and rates for the suite.

Destroyed by Greed! Crystals was the best in 2002 but they decided they needed much higher prices and drove us away. Once van loads of us would invade and take many chicas away.

weyland
04-18-2009, 12:10 PM

"The Field of Dreams Inn

Roy, that was the position some months ago but it has since changed. Alberto got his own team in quicker than anticipated so Billy was able to opt out quicker, which suits him fine as he is retired and doesn't need the hassle. As I stated earlier, under the terms under which Leno first bought out Billy, then Alberto bought out Leno, Billy still has an interest in FoD doing well so he will help out if there are problems. So far there haven't been any and long may that continue.

Alberto is not your usual Dominican. He is straight and he is competent. So the changeover went smoothly. We all know how long things usually take to get done in the DR (if they are not left half-finished for ever).

Incidentally the rooms are now US$40. The US$35 was a start-up special offer. See here:
http://fieldofdreams.20m.com/

DominicanBilly
04-19-2009, 03:39 AM
The e-mail address is [fieldofdream@hotmail.com] and the new phone number is 1-809-320-2232. Ask for Joceline who speaks English to make reservations and answer you questions. As Weyland pointed out I do not want to have the extra work load of the day to day operations at the Field of Dreams Inn. I'll drop in to visit old friends but that will be the extent of my involvement.

weyland
04-19-2009, 04:40 AM
The e-mail address is [fieldofdream@hotmail.com]
Should that be fieldofdreams@hotmail.com ?

Roy
04-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Alberto is not your usual Dominican. He is straight and he is competent. So the changeover went smoothly. We all know how long things usually take to get done in the DR (if they are not left half-finished for ever).http://fieldofdreams.20m.com/

Wow! I stand 100% corrected. NEVER in my life have I seen something change that fast in the D.R. - except that is, a chica changing outfits and getting back out on the street for another trick. :eek::eek::eek:

weyland
04-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Wow! I stand 100% corrected. NEVER in my life have I seen something change that fast in the D.R. - except that is, a chica changing outfits and getting back out on the street for another trick. :eek::eek::eek:
Billy is widely liked and trusted by mongers on this and other boards so he agreed to "front" for the new owners just to get the place started. But as I said the thing got off the ground quicker than hoped, partly thanks to some excellent reviews by TropicBob, lr444 and others, also Alberto found the people to run it quicker than planned, so Billy was able to revert to enjoying his retirement, although he seems to find plenty to occupy him with the eccentric occupants at Harbor View. He will have another one to drive him up the wall soon!

Kozban
04-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Any info...

On whether there are chicas onsite regularly or plan to be? Or is this still going to be strictly for those that grab and go from Sosua, Cristals, or search and find their own regulars?

I love this spot and it's a nice place from my previous experience so just curious if there is any convenient action onsite during the day for those that use taxis and enjoy short stays of 3-4 nights and like it away from Sosua???

Koz

nnjdave
04-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks, I may try Harborview next trip, for this one I booked Loase. It's close to a friend of my girl.