PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu

gmalet
04-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Start stocking up on Tamiflu. Looks like the stock on that drug is going to go sky hi.

MegaSquirt
04-26-2009, 09:48 AM
They are saying that some kids in a local high school in Queens possibly have them. By the way, wasn't Obama just in Mexico last week?

SJG
04-26-2009, 04:15 PM
They tracked the source of the swine flu:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/48664846d1d927cd1.jpg

spinner1414
04-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Better than that darn Bird Flu- hated the symptoms of having nausea, upset stomach and wanting to shit all over the hoods of a car.

SJG
04-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Better than that darn Bird Flu- hated the symptoms of having nausea, upset stomach and wanting to shit all over the hoods of a car.

Actually, they say that this virus is a combination of avian, swine, and human flu viruses.

JD426
04-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Actually, they say that this virus is a combination of avian, swine, and human flu viruses.
Heard on the radio from a woman who has been working in the medical field with a pulmonologist of 35 years, that he and other MD's in his field predicted 2 years ago that this '"crossig over into another species", ie HUMANS was going to happen, eventually. She also said the only thing you could do to protect yoursef is to wash your hands & dont let anyone sneeze on you, etc etc, common sense stuff
those blue masks do absolutely NOTHING.
So, what percautions have been taken since this was common knowledge in the Medical field 2 years ago ???
Its a disgrace really.
And at that school in NY, didnt they have a social Function (a Class Reunion or some shit) , AFTER they knew of the contamination, talk about stupid.

gmalet
04-27-2009, 09:31 PM
I hope they don't stop us from flying to other countries. I'd go nuts having to deal with only American Women.

Downtown
04-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Start stocking up on Tamiflu. Looks like the stock on that drug is going to go sky hi.

The "powers that be" are saying that pharmaceuticals such as Tamiflu, which are anti-viral drugs known as oseltamivirs or zanamivirs, will not be effective for the reasons SJG quoted.

I was just watching CNN and they were asking some residents of Mexico City where they thought the flu virus originated. Believe it or not, some said the USA!! It's no wonder how shit like this gets screwed up!

Jimmydr
04-28-2009, 12:09 PM
So far there are 120 dead in Mexico and people say you can a disease from whore!

SJG
04-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Disease from a whore?!?!?!?! I've never heard of such a thing!!

eastcoastallstar
04-28-2009, 03:35 PM
[They tracked the source of the swine flu:

Was it one of Black Sultans chicas?

knotty
04-28-2009, 03:43 PM
man, this shit is really gettign bananas. they actually handed out memos at my job regarding the swine flu. every year there's a new strand of some virus out there.

trEPP33
04-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Over 150 dead in Mexico and they're saying many schools kids have it. This is just going to get worse and worse.

Elvis
04-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Yeah, this panic is getting out of hand ! These past few days I'm selling more hand sanitizers, tamiflu and masks than average. Good business !

eldorob
04-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Just heard on the tv that a plane coming into USA from Mexico has been quarentined after landing - didn't hear what city.
If true, They are gonna be some very testy flyers. I wouldn't want to be a stewardess on that one.

gmalet
04-28-2009, 07:06 PM
I just called Delta to change a seat and the agent stated many folks are cancelling flights everywhere. Maybe the flight prices will go down. While everyone is stocking up on Tamiflu I'm going to be stocking up on flights!!

yayow
04-28-2009, 07:11 PM
They are saying that some kids in a local high school in Queens possibly have them. By the way, wasn't Obama just in Mexico last week?

The school is St. Francis Prep. one of my old High Schools biggest rivals, and a bunch of them had just gotten back from a school trip to Mexico.

As far as Obama is concerned, his host on his trip to Mexico City died the day or two days after Obama left, but they felt it was because of other complications and not necessarily the swine flu. Obama has been checked out and he is fine, it has an incubation period of three days or something like that, and if it hasn't showed up with him by then he really doesn't have anything to worry about unless he some how gets exposed to it now.

For any of you motherfuckers from NY;;) better not be bringing that shit down here to DR and infecting our putas.

eastcoastallstar
04-28-2009, 08:01 PM
I just called Delta to change a seat and the agent stated many folks are cancelling flights everywhere. Maybe the flight prices will go down. While everyone is stocking up on Tamiflu I'm going to be stocking up on flights!!

Must be true, Jet Blue to POP just dropped to $357, from $371 yesterday.

blacksultan
04-28-2009, 08:11 PM
[They tracked the source of the swine flu:

Was it one of Black Sultans chicas?

I like women of all sizes if we are cool and the chemistry is cool. If you are trying to clown me, oh well. My money. But I am pretty sure that if the CDC were to run a cotton swab under your bottom lip, they would find enough viral particles to quarantine your ass and make you the first Puerto Rican Bubble boy.

I AM LEGEND

eastcoastallstar
04-28-2009, 08:18 PM
OH, and I almost forgot, If I am a Post Whore then at least I am DISEASE FREE, MUTHAFUCKAS!!

Only time will tell playboy:rolleyes:

blacksultan
04-28-2009, 08:22 PM
OH, and I almost forgot, If I am a Post Whore then at least I am DISEASE FREE, MUTHAFUCKAS!!

Only time will tell playboy:rolleyes:

Only time will tell for any of us.

eastcoastallstar
04-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Only time will tell for any of us.

exactly.....
I forgot how emotional you are when your off your meds...chill out

blacksultan
04-28-2009, 08:30 PM
exactly.....
I forgot how emotional you are when your off your meds...chill out

It seems like you are the one with the issue. I have none with you. I am fine. Do you.

eldorob
04-29-2009, 06:50 AM
First American swine flu death reported - a two year old from Texas

yayow
04-29-2009, 07:39 AM
First American swine flu death reported - a two year old from Texas

The most vunerable (the extremely old and the extremely young) are always the first to go, I fear there will be many more.

thunderstar
04-29-2009, 08:51 AM
Well - its a world wide panic!
It goes from the very top of the UK to the very bottom - Scotland to Torbay.
Apparently we have enough flu vacine for 30,000,000 people and now we have just brought 20 million more! Lets hope the tablets work or what a waste that will be!

What happened to Bird Flu? It just kinda went away didnt it?

SJG
04-29-2009, 08:58 AM
The most vunerable (the extremely old and the extremely young) are always the first to go, I fear there will be many more.

OH NO! Not Weyland!

JD426
04-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Ok
We found the little bastard who started this whole SWINE FLU PANDEMIC..

IF I ever get my hands on this little pervert......

blacksultan
04-30-2009, 03:11 PM

Older and younger individuals have immune systems that may not be able to mount an effective response to an invading viral pathogen.

kris boog
04-30-2009, 11:52 PM
So far it seems that all except 1 or 2 of the deaths have occured in Mexico. Scientists have not yet been able to determine why that is. I am wondering if it has something to do with the quality of the water, or something else in their diet that differs from the U.S, U.K., Canada, etc.

That being said, I am scheduled to land in POP on May 20th, and I am wondering if there is a higher than normal risk for this illness to get to DR in the next few weeks. While I have not heard anything in the media or read it online, the fact that DR is a poor country might increase the odds of it spreading where it to arrive there.

Any thoughts?

Jimbo44
04-30-2009, 11:59 PM
If the flights go below 300, I am going again, who is in???

blacksultan
05-01-2009, 08:02 AM
So far it seems that all except 1 or 2 of the deaths have occured in Mexico. Scientists have not yet been able to determine why that is. I am wondering if it has something to do with the quality of the water, or something else in their diet that differs from the U.S, U.K., Canada, etc.

That being said, I am scheduled to land in POP on May 20th, and I am wondering if there is a higher than normal risk for this illness to get to DR in the next few weeks. While I have not heard anything in the media or read it online, the fact that DR is a poor country might increase the odds of it spreading where it to arrive there.

Any thoughts?
I don't think too many muthafuckas on this board want to wrap their minds around that highly plausible scenario.

Choirboy
05-01-2009, 11:40 AM
If the flights go below 300, I am going again, who is in???

I'm at the NG May 19-May 31 and June 26-July 6.

gmalet
05-01-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm there July 31 to Aug 7, Sept 5 to Sept 12, oct 30 to Nov 7th and more.....

greydread
05-02-2009, 03:18 PM
THIS IS BULL SHIT

We are watching the press create a hugely expensive and totally out of proportion general panic over this relatively harmless natural event.

36,000 Americans die from influenza or complications from the flu annually. Each and every year! This year we've got 1 and it's a kid who was already sick when he was brought to Texas from Mexico. 1! OMG!!! This is a "new" strain and we don't have immunity to it!! Well guess what?? The last time we had a swine flu scare they made immunization mandatory for the military under threat of an article 15. It was a brand new strain then too and I refused the vaccine, demanding a courts martial. As it turned out, more people died from the vaccine than the fucking flu that year (1976/77) and they dropped the shit. Yeah, I caught the shit. I got a little sick for a couple of days and got over it just like every other flu.

If they spent this much time and money trying to get heart disease, type II diabetes and the plethora of preventable ailments that kill us by the tens of thousands under control now that would be newsworthy. Personally I think the President and Vice President should be concerning themselves with getting my Got damn money back and leave this for HHS to deal with.

The real problem is that there are too many competing 24 hour news networks and they are trying to outscare one another with this bullshit. If hundreds of Mexicans die from the flu and thousands die from the unsanitary conditions that most of them live under...which one is news? Why is the White House over reacting to every over reaction that these stupid "news" channels kick out?

Dear Executive Branch:

Get me my money back, get my peeps out of the Middle East, find jobs for a couple of my buddies and stop fucking twittering. Your "Facebook" page is just plain silly.

Okay, I'm done now.

Kevy
05-02-2009, 03:58 PM
THIS IS BULL SHIT

We are watching the press create a hugely expensive and totally out of proportion general panic over this relatively harmless natural event.

36,000 Americans die from influenza or complications from the flu annually. Each and every year! This year we've got 1 and it's a kid who was already sick when he was brought to Texas from Mexico. 1! OMG!!! This is a "new" strain and we don't have immunity to it!! Well guess what?? The last time we had a swine flu scare they made immunization mandatory for the military under threat of an article 15. It was a brand new strain then too and I refused the vaccine, demanding a courts martial. As it turned out, more people died from the vaccine than the fucking flu that year (1976/77) and they dropped the shit. Yeah, I caught the shit. I got a little sick for a couple of days and got over it just like every other flu.

If they spent this much time and money trying to get heart disease, type II diabetes and the plethora of preventable ailments that kill us by the tens of thousands under control now that would be newsworthy. Personally I think the President and Vice President should be concerning themselves with getting my Got damn money back and leave this for HHS to deal with.

The real problem is that there are too many competing 24 hour news networks and they are trying to outscare one another with this bullshit. If hundreds of Mexicans die from the flu and thousands die from the unsanitary conditions that most of them live under...which one is news? Why is the White House over reacting to every over reaction that these stupid "news" channels kick out?

Dear Executive Branch:

Get me my money back, get my peeps out of the Middle East, find jobs for a couple of my buddies and stop fucking twittering. Your "Facebook" page is just plain silly.

Okay, I'm done now.

Couldn't agree more, reminds me of the overkill on SARS, only worse.

next they will be counting how many people coughed today

JD426
05-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Grey,
I could not agree with you more.
All you need to know do figure out WHY is to look at who owns the Media. Corporations like GE who own NBC, and their bottom line is to MAKE A PROFIT and they do this with ENTERTAINMENT and RATINGS, has absol NOTHING to do with what is REAL or newsworthy. Did you know a Corporation like GE has only ONE responsibility, to make a profit for its stockholders, they have absol NO other obligations to give you the "news" . Ask any Corp Lawyer.
So their media reports what they are TOLD to report to us, by the corporate powers that be, since only ratings which translate into DOLLARS of AD REVENUE matter to them, nothing else.
They could give 2 shits about your kids. Its not their responsibility. In fact the stockholders could go after them if they chose to report NEWS which is not PROFITABLE.
Everyone Ive ever explained it to has to literally digest it a couple days and then they realize how true it is.
Its all entertainment, absol NO different whatsoever from a SCARY movie, an episode of CSI or The daily show with John Stewart.

eldorob
05-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Columbia - 1st reported case of Swine Flu, the news report didn't say what city yet

Kevy
05-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Columbia - 1st reported case of Swine Flu, the news report didn't say what city yet

There were four in Bogota a while ago. They travelled to Mexico.

Gladiator
05-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Swine flu can cause a lot of damage…

yourmomma999
05-07-2009, 03:21 AM
this is why you should watch fox news for the truth.
they do not have the liberal media bias.

Grey,
I could not agree with you more.
All you need to know do figure out WHY is to look at who owns the Media. Corporations like GE who own NBC, and their bottom line is to MAKE A PROFIT and they do this with ENTERTAINMENT and RATINGS, has absol NOTHING to do with what is REAL or newsworthy. Did you know a Corporation like GE has only ONE responsibility, to make a profit for its stockholders, they have absol NO other obligations to give you the "news" . Ask any Corp Lawyer.
So their media reports what they are TOLD to report to us, by the corporate powers that be, since only ratings which translate into DOLLARS of AD REVENUE matter to them, nothing else.
They could give 2 shits about your kids. Its not their responsibility. In fact the stockholders could go after them if they chose to report NEWS which is not PROFITABLE.
Everyone Ive ever explained it to has to literally digest it a couple days and then they realize how true it is.
Its all entertainment, absol NO different whatsoever from a SCARY movie, an episode of CSI or The daily show with John Stewart.

yourmomma999
05-07-2009, 03:22 AM
also do not forget the american drug companies which way overcharge for medicine want people to flock to buy tamilflu and the other one.
the only people who would die from this are babies and old people who could just as easily die from the regular flu.

gripe porcino is swine flu in spanish.

Couldn't agree more, reminds me of the overkill on SARS, only worse.

next they will be counting how many people coughed today

yourmomma999
05-07-2009, 03:24 AM
you are more likely to get dengue from a mosquito from dirty stagnant water in the DR than the swine flu, if you are really worried buy one of the little paper masks and wear it, if you sit next to me i will laugh at your ass and poke fun at you the whole flight.

I don't think too many muthafuckas on this board want to wrap their minds around that highly plausible scenario.

yourmomma999
05-07-2009, 03:28 AM
I think I should get my penis tested for the swine flu. LAst time I was with a chica, it was so good that when I busted a nut he started squealing!!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::eek::eek::icontd::p

greydread
05-07-2009, 10:27 AM
this is why you should watch fox news for the truth.
they do not have the liberal media bias.

Faux News has been runningt the same bullshit hype on this subject as everyone else. They ain't special, just ignorant.

greydread
05-07-2009, 10:31 AM
the only people who would die from this are babies and old people who could just as easily die from the regular flu.

WRONG

Check the facts. Unlike the "regular" flu, this one has claimed the lives of Mexican citizens mostly between the ages of 25 - 45 and otherwise healthy. This was the initial cause for alarm there. The American cousin of this flu (let's call it "piglet") is a far milder strain and has not adversely affected this key age group.