PDA

View Full Version : Sosua

masprod1414
04-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Help i'm going down to DR. somewhere in Sosua by myself. I need to know where a safe place is I can stay, with easy access to massage parlors and easy access to woman. Just a morning and night time BJ before and after my day is done. Recommendations please?

Jay_t
04-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Cant go wrong with the New Garden , should be a thread or two about it around here :wink:.

Stayed before , safe . no drama , clean and friendly.

Jay_t
04-29-2009, 11:36 AM
New Garden Hotel is safe and convenient....

yayow
04-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Go to the Sosua section of the DR forums and click on hotels and read.

bigcowboyzfan11
05-12-2009, 08:36 PM
The place to stay now would be the Sea Breeze Hotel. The Europa was once the hot spot,but things have gone bad there and management is trying to get their clientle back. No problem in going alone, i do it all the time. All you need is your Spidey Sense.

mikelodge
05-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Help i'm going down to DR. somewhere in Sosua by myself. I need to know where a safe place is I can stay, with easy access to massage parlors and easy access to woman. Just a morning and night time BJ before and after my day is done. Recommendations please?
Google Hotel Voramar Sosua they have a nice website and you will see what you will like. My friend was just there and I am looking into it as well.
A little farthar from busy part of town but it is all there and safe. I will be down in a couple weeks and let you know then.

mikelodge
05-12-2009, 09:10 PM
The place to stay now would be the Sea Breeze Hotel. The Europa was once the hot spot,but things have gone bad there and management is trying to get their clientle back. No problem in going alone, i do it all the time. All you need is your Spidey Sense.
Way to new to recommend only back open a short time. There website is very limited and not very revealing. I would wait for my of a website and services finished there.

Maretti
05-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Way to new to recommend only back open a short time. There website is very limited and not very revealing. I would wait for my of a website and services finished there.
How many times have you been in Sosua? I'd say that quite a few of us here have stayed in both, Sea Breeze and Europa, but not that many in The Voramar which is too far away from the action. If you stay there, you'll need a car or ride the motoconchos. Both options weight against the safety factor for a first timer.
Sea Breeze is far from being a five star hotel but they make you feel very welcomed there and it's very safe.

Hoseman
05-13-2009, 02:47 PM
How many times have you been in Sosua? I'd say that quite a few of us here have stayed in both, Sea Breeze and Europa, but not that many in The Voramar which is too far away from the action. If you stay there, you'll need a car or ride the motoconchos. Both options weight against the safety factor for a first timer.
Sea Breeze is far from being a five star hotel but they make you feel very welcomed there and it's very safe.I agree with you Hotel Vormar is quite a distance away and it is quite dark down there at night.

mephime
05-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Going next week staying at the Palms I thinks any tips

weyland
05-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Going next week staying at the Palms I thinks any tips
Nice place. Some of our top guys stay there. But are you aware it is a kilometre from the action? Easy walk in the daylight but you will need a ride back at night. No problem if you are renting a car or are happy to take a motoconcho.

mikelodge
05-13-2009, 08:59 PM
I agree with you Hotel Vormar is quite a distance away and it is quite dark down there at night.
I always rent a car everywhere I go to use primarily in the daytime. Is the risk any greater than Central America? What about at night or should I say early evening for example if I went to Puerto Plata and wanted to return just after dark say by 9pm would this be any more difficult than Mexico or C.Amer.?

Hoseman
05-13-2009, 09:08 PM
I always rent a car everywhere I go to use primarily in the daytime. Is the risk any greater than Central America? What about at night or should I say early evening for example if I went to Puerto Plata and wanted to return just after dark say by 9pm would this be any more difficult than Mexico or C.Amer.?since you are renting a car you should be allright one of the best things about Sosua is everything is so close .The only problem i see with it would be parking at night if it is busy i have never rented a car when I visted Sosua I have in Boca Chica It's not as busy as Sosua.

mho
05-15-2009, 02:52 PM
About the Sea Breeze Hotel, I spent most of yesterday afternoon walking around Sosua and stopped by the SB to check it out. As others have said, Giad (sp?) is a damn nice, friendly guy. It is refreshing to see a young guy who has his shit together. The SB was fully booked but he showed me a room that he keeps in reserve, he admitted that it needed some remodeling but it still had all the basics.

I would stay at the SB if the NG was booked.

weyland
05-15-2009, 05:04 PM
for example if I went to Puerto Plata and wanted to return just after dark say by 9pm would this be any more difficult than Mexico or C.Amer.?
No security issues and the road between Sosúa and PP is good. Just the usual dangers of driving in the DR, like cars and bikes without lights, oncoming vehicles overtaking in your lane (or even to your right-hand side!), animals crossing the road in the dark, etc., that you might encounter on any route.

Why would someone who is in Puerto Plata ever want to return to Sosúa? :)

Maretti
05-15-2009, 07:29 PM
No security issues and the road between Sosúa and PP is good. Just the usual dangers of driving in the DR, like cars and bikes without lights, oncoming vehicles overtaking in your lane (or even to your right-hand side!), animals crossing the road in the dark, etc., that you might encounter on any route.

Why would someone who is in Puerto Plata ever want to return to Sosúa? :)
I thought that driving in Honduras was bad until I went to the Dominican Republic.

jstarebel
05-16-2009, 09:27 PM
I always rent a car everywhere I go to use primarily in the daytime. Is the risk any greater than Central America? What about at night or should I say early evening for example if I went to Puerto Plata and wanted to return just after dark say by 9pm would this be any more difficult than Mexico or C.Amer.?

I have spent a lot of time in the DR. I NEVER drive. The Risks? There are too many to quote. I have driven in Mexico, Columbia, Bolivia, and Costa Rica and I do not drive in the DR, and I consider myself a pretty adventurous guy. Hell, I single hand my boat from TCI to the DR every three months. I find that is not necesary. While in Sosua, keep some 50 peso notes handy and hop a moto. If you want to travel from POP to Sosua, hire a taxi but make your deal with the driver before leaving. If you speak some spanish, Carro publico from POP to Sosua is 100 peso (sometimes 200 for gringos), but understand you are going to be jammed into a car with other Dominicanos, and they have a central drop point in Sosua on the main highway two of three blocks from the main drag, but you can then grab a moto to drop you to your hotel for 50 pesos.

If you fly into POP, the airport is closer to Sosua then it is to POP, and be prepared to pay top dollar for a cab as the prices are set to take advantage of the gringos. I am not sure exactly how much, because I do not usually fly into POP. If you come in by boat to Oceanworld, they will call you a cab, and it will run you 1,500-2,000 peso for a private cab to Sosua. From Ocean world to BB in Costombar is only 300 peso as it is very close.

I have a guy as do many others on this board that I use as a private taxi so to speak. My guy Jefri drives from POP to Santiago and picks me up at the airport, brings me to my appointments, then to my hotel for 2,000 peso. While I am in POP, he takes me where I want to go the entire day for 1,000 peso, and runs me back to Santiago for 1,200 peso. Of course when I eat I feed him, and always buy him a Presidente or two during the day. This works well for me. Unfortunately he speaks no english so unless your spanish is pretty good, he would not be of much use to you. You might ask others in here if they have have a guy to recommend to you.

Hope this helps..