PDA

View Full Version : Lynyrd Skynyrd - Bassist Wayne "Ean" Evans dies

Downtown
05-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Wow! This band has sure had more than its share of tragedy. Bassist Wayne "Ean" Evans passed away yesterday from cancer. He had been battling it for many months and was already replaced for a recently announced tour as a result. Following the death of Lynyrd Skynyrd bassist Leon Wilkeson, Ean joined Lynyrd Skynyrd on August 11, 2001 in Las Vegas, Nevada. They had just lost their keyboard player Billy Powell to a heart attack in January 2009. I don't think I can name another group that has had so much bad luck. Still, they seem to move forward with their amazing music!

prtyr2
05-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Wow! This band has sure had more than its share of tragedy. Bassist Wayne "Ean" Evans passed away yesterday from cancer. He had been battling it for many months and was already replaced for a recently announced tour as a result. Following the death of Lynyrd Skynyrd bassist Leon Wilkeson, Ean joined Lynyrd Skynyrd on August 11, 2001 in Las Vegas, Nevada. They had just lost their keyboard player Billy Powell to a heart attack in January 2009. I don't think I can name another group that has had so much bad luck. Still, they seem to move forward with their amazing music!

Time to call Tim Lindsey and have him ditch matchet for a go round with skynyrd.