PDA

View Full Version : Craig's List Shuts down "Erotic Services Section

ElPlomero
05-13-2009, 04:49 PM
It appears that after considerable pressure over considerable time, Craig's List has finally agreed to shut down its Erotic Services Section.

They stopped taking ads and soon, they will shut the section down altogether.

Oh well, another monger venue bites the dust.

I guess the opened an Adult Services section, but apparently that is being shut down as well.

Actually, I'm pretty surprised at how long it lasted. I wouldn't have expected a site to be able to publish ads with sex being openly offered for sale.

Hoseman
05-13-2009, 05:11 PM
It appears that after considerable pressure over considerable time, Craig's List has finally agreed to shut down its Erotic Services Section.

They stopped taking ads and soon, they will shut the section down altogether.

Oh well, another monger venue bites the dust.

I guess the opened an Adult Services section, but apparently that is being shut down as well.

Actually, I'm pretty surprised at how long it lasted. I wouldn't have expected a site to be able to publish ads with sex being openly offered for sale.
U.S.A.Land of the Free.They need to go ahead and Legalise it and Tax it like they tax everything else.

blacksultan
05-13-2009, 05:34 PM
U will see more service providers moving to advertise on forums like www.bestgfe.com.

JuanElGriego
05-13-2009, 08:05 PM
My cousin's girlfriend was sending around a petition to have the section shut down and i basically told her to fuck off and let adults do as they wish even they i've never used the section. What really pissed me off was that she agreed that prostitution shouldn't be illegal? :rolleyes:

mikelodge
05-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Why they are doing it is obvious to me. Do gooders, church groups, wanna be politicals, worst of all feminists. I would think a person could disguise it on their site with careful wording like "spiritual companion" "personal tour guide" or even perhaps something like Human Service Animal wants a master.

JD426
05-13-2009, 08:42 PM
What doesnt make sense is its all because that Med student who killed that massage girl. I think that was the murder that started this avalanche of shit. But even before that LE was using it to set up stings in NY and NJ & bust Girls and Johns . But a Murder ?? Thats quite a leap, blaming an onlie site for being somehow partly responsible for a murder because they met onlin ? That would be like blaming AOL for all the pedophiles in the chat rooms.
Thats just crazy, but Craigs list caved under pressure. Its a business and they just didnt want to fight it out in court it seems.
Based on 1st Amendment rights they would win, but at what monetary cost.
We blatantly talk about hookers,prices, contacts etc on BGFE. Its as obvious as one can get, but its done under the user agreement that its all just Fantasy, or make believe.
LE is just out of control. They cant PREVENT any cimes, and sometimes cant even solve the real crimes in front of them, so they have to pretend to do SOMETHING , even if it doesnt help anyone at all. What a Charade, all at our tax expense.

Dick Dawson
05-13-2009, 08:58 PM
And the migration to backpage.com begins.

Hemp
05-13-2009, 10:07 PM
this means nothing, one site goes...another one opens! Backpage is the new new CL anyway...

ElPlomero
05-13-2009, 10:12 PM
I already noticed that all the girls from CL have started posting on Citivibe and Backpage.

It didn't take but half a day.

I like Cl's format better, though.

knotty
05-14-2009, 09:40 AM
http://news.aol.com/article/craigslist-erotic-ads/480586?icid=main|main|dl5|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fcraigslist-erotic-ads%2F480586

officemgr
05-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Maybe some of the CL chicks will hit the streets and HP and LIC will rise. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!!

blacksultan
05-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Maybe some of the CL chicks will hit the streets and HP and LIC will rise. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!!

I don't think that will happen.

eastcoastallstar
05-14-2009, 04:41 PM
the hoes just started posting in the adult gigs section

purps1045
05-14-2009, 06:00 PM
It's 10.00 per post now for providers, isn't that a little harsh?

officemgr
05-14-2009, 06:21 PM
this will really hurt the semipro utr chicks that posted in casual encounters. the pros that used cl as their 9 to 5 will find a way even if they have to kick rocks. i wonder if prices will change.

blacksultan
05-14-2009, 06:24 PM
this will really hurt the semipro utr chicks that posted in casual encounters. the pros that used cl as their 9 to 5 will find a way even if they have to kick rocks. i wonder if prices will change.

If the majority of chicks move to other venues online to advertise, don't expect prices to move much. We are still in a recession and bitches want to get paid.

Kevy
05-14-2009, 06:27 PM
It ain't shutting down in canada.:)

MrHappy
05-15-2009, 07:08 AM
I already noticed that all the girls from CL have started posting on Citivibe and Backpage.

It didn't take but half a day.

I like Cl's format better, though.

Hmmmm, are you doing the full view of the ads? The brief view is almost the same as CL, but the full view lets you ram through them in no time.

I like backpage better than CL.