PDA

View Full Version : Pumped Up!

Heero
05-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Hey guys this time tomorrow i'll be chilling by the pool tomorrow at BB for my first trip to dr and im pysched as hell. That said i've been reading the forums for the last two months but i still have a couple of questions hopefully the more experienced guys could answer for me, and i apologies if this has been asked/answered already but i just missed it

1. I know there are various places that i can withdraw/exchange money while im down there but i was think it was just easier to just bring all the cash i was planning on spending. Is that too risky, i was going to bring about a grand

2. Cell Phone, i know it is probally a bad idea to bring one but i was going to just so i could recieve txt from family/friends in an emergency. Is that a good bad or expensive idea ( txt charges for over seas)

3. Water, i know i should probally try to avoid drinking it over there to avoid montazumas revenge , but does that apply to drinks and cocktails made with the water also?

I have a couple other questions but i cant remeber them at this exact moment so i'll post later and thanks in advance for the answers

mikelodge
05-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Hey guys this time tomorrow i'll be chilling by the pool tomorrow at BB for my first trip to dr and im pysched as hell. That said i've been reading the forums for the last two months but i still have a couple of questions hopefully the more experienced guys could answer for me, and i apologies if this has been asked/answered already but i just missed it

1. I know there are various places that i can withdraw/exchange money while im down there but i was think it was just easier to just bring all the cash i was planning on spending. Is that too risky, i was going to bring about a grand

2. Cell Phone, i know it is probally a bad idea to bring one but i was going to just so i could recieve txt from family/friends in an emergency. Is that a good bad or expensive idea ( txt charges for over seas)

3. Water, i know i should probally try to avoid drinking it over there to avoid montazumas revenge , but does that apply to drinks and cocktails made with the water also?

I have a couple other questions but i cant remeber them at this exact moment so i'll post later and thanks in advance for the answers

I am not the experienced guy on the DR but am on many other places and they are the same on most of these questions. Cash is never a good idea to walk around with in excess but BB has security and safes so leave it in the safe except what you need. Travelers checks and ATMS are another option don't mind having to deal with them I use the checks and ask directions to a bank (banco) where it is easy. I have talked to BB and you can charge your food and drinks with Credit Card on file so the cash will be for chicas and off site partying. To go to town and have any fun you would need a hundred bucks for food and drinks and other course girls are extra. There is enough writen about the prices. Drinks made on site will be safe. I will be stopping in there next week when in POP on business. Enjoy

Skynyrd
05-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi and welcome aboard,

I also will be there tomarrow, however I will be at my home away from home, The New Garden Hotel.
if you make it to sousa look me up, will be there a week.
also on your questions:

1. I always bring about a grand with me, always carry (9) 100.00 bills and (2) 50.00 bills..this way not a bulk in my pocket..I go straight to Hotel and put it in safe, then changed out 100.00 at a time for pesos.

2. I always bring my Cell phone, Just lock it safe and dont carry around on you hip :)

3. Dont drink the water..I only drink bottles and I dont order drinks that need water..I only drink the bottles beer")

have fun cause i know im hitting town HARD tomarrow.

Peace

yayow
05-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Skynard answered all your questions well, also try and make it into Sosua one night so you can experience what that is all about, Classicos etc. the strip on Pedro Clisante is something that all newbies should experience. Although it doesn't really get hopping till about 11 pm, but you can always make arrangements with a cabbie and have him pick you up at a designated time.

Ter319
05-27-2009, 10:54 PM
I exchange my money usually as soon as I get out of customs, there is a bank to you left as you leave customs, the rates they give are good only a few cents difference from what the exchange rate is going at, and its better then what you get at BBs which could be almost a 3pesos difference and just leave it in the room safe. You can also walk up to Jennys Market who also gives a good rates about 10 mins walk. As for charging stuff to your room I done it every trip with no problem I pay cash at the end to save on taxes as well as cash for the room. Drink the bottle water you would be fine and there is no problem with the ice either its all filtered. Just be careful of the tap water, although I never had a problem yet, I use the hot water to rinse after brushing, figuring all the bacteria is killed off by the heating process. If you happen to want a change of venue for dinner, there is a nice italian restaurant right around the corner, Sole Mio, very good food and pizza. I don't know what service you have, but I got ATT, it gets expensive so keep use to a minimum and you will be alright. Be of Luck and enjoy

blacksultan
05-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Here is some advice. Fuck chillin by the pool until you take a couple of chicas to the jacuzzi and get your dick sucked.

jstarebel
05-27-2009, 11:54 PM

First off.. Cash.. I only keep 200.00 dollars with me, and I have the Taxi stop so that I can withdraw 10K in peso@ ScotiaBank with my ATM. (that lasts me two to three days, and then I go back for another 10k) I have a BOA account in the US, and it costs me NOTHING.. I also get the going exchange rate for my money. I do not use BancoPopular as I pay a fee both to BOA, and Popular. Then EVERYTHING except what I will be spending that day goes in the safe. As does my Passport and wallet. I keep a photocopy of my passport with me just in case.

Cell Phone. I have an UNLOCKED cell phone and an Orange SIM that I bought and pay for minutes. ATT will not work there, and as far as the others, I am not sure. It is easy to get set up on both Claro and Orange. You will see their shops everywhere..

In your room @ BB's, there will be some bottles of water in the fridge. They will refill it as needed, and it is not too expensive. I usually stop by a market prior to getting to my motel, and buy a few bottles of water to have on hand, but I drink a lot of water.

As far as the questions you missed... The chicas are totally hot, they want more than anything for you to FUCK their brains out, the food @ BB's is good, and if you want to take an adventure to the beach, go outside the property and turn left... Oh, there are a couple of other restaurants that same direction if you prefer dinner out!!

Hope this helps!!

Last... HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!! Take LOTS of pictures...

yayow
05-28-2009, 07:41 AM
As far as cell phones all US carriers have international coverage, but you have to have that option which is easy with your company. As others have said however, the cost can be prohibitive. When I used to travel internationally on vacations, my normal cell phone bill of $50 would often be $300 - $400 depending on how much I used the service while abroad.

For the few days you are travelling I don't think it is worth it, just go to a local call service center and call back to the US, the call centers are to be found just about everywhere and they are very reasonalbe.

whatever
05-28-2009, 07:58 AM
<snip>I use the hot water to rinse after brushing, figuring all the bacteria is killed off by the heating process.

If you can tolerate the temperature of the water so can the bugs/bacteria.

Hoseman
05-28-2009, 08:14 AM
If you can tolerate the temperature of the water so can the bugs/bacteria.I don't trust it either.I use the bottled water.

leeway99
05-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Here is some advice. Fuck chillin by the pool until you take a couple of chicas to the jacuzzi and get your dick sucked.

Damn Sult, those were the good ole days.:smile: