PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Meat

guttaman
12-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Any one know if it is safe to buy steak and burgers at the big market near the police station.

JDR
12-31-2004, 07:29 AM
Any one know if it is safe to buy steak and burgers at the big market near the police station.

Hahaha

I bought my cutlets, pork, burgers and hot dogs there the last 7 nights.

RearWindow
12-31-2004, 08:29 AM

Hahaha

I bought my cutlets, pork, burgers and hot dogs there the last 7 nights. And everyone is recovering nicely? :wink:

JDR
12-31-2004, 08:30 AM
No really, the meats at Playero are fine. Burgers taste a little different but the chicken tastes like chicken.

Apos
12-31-2004, 08:39 AM
No really, the meats at Playero are fine. Burgers taste a little different but the chicken tastes like chicken.

But is smells like fish!

RearWindow
12-31-2004, 08:46 AM
No really, the meats at Playero are fine. Burgers taste a little different .Anyone seen Soylent Green? :shock:

prtyr2
12-31-2004, 03:05 PM
As someone that has lived in the DR for 2 years, the lack of quality meats was one of my biggest peeves. The chicken is fine. Pork is OK as well.

Beef?. . . . .no thanks. Even in restaurants I only eat imported beef.

In santo domingo price smart had fozen angus burgers. They have an omaha steaks outlet in SD as well. . . . .but VERY expensive! It costs less to go to OutBack and have them cook you a ribeye with fries and salad than to just buy one at omaha gourmet to cook yourself.

There was a place on churchill called red market that sold baby back ribs frozen at a nice price. I would make them once a week or so.

guttaman
12-31-2004, 05:25 PM
Looks like i should find out where big Lou gets his burgers. Gonna get parts to fix the Q at the Palace for a Patriots playoff cookout. It would be great if they played ( i mean, beat ) the Jets.

psriches
12-31-2004, 07:03 PM
during my last trip, i bought a burger at the small place next to passions. dude said it was 100% beef but it tasted like chicken........

smileysmile
12-31-2004, 08:03 PM
Psriches, if you want chicken you must pay 1.500 TLN....

jd_mine
01-01-2005, 05:08 AM
Go to the Fleischerei on the main road. It's a german guy and he has good meat! Great hotdogs! Real spicey. He speaks German, English and Spanish. It's somewhat more expensive, but a lot better. It's next to the carwash (not the carwash where the concerts are).

JDR
01-01-2005, 08:02 AM
Go to the Fleischerei on the main road. It's a german guy and he has good meat! Great hotdogs! Real spicey. He speaks German, English and Spanish. It's somewhat more expensive, but a lot better. It's next to the carwash (not the carwash where the concerts are).

Thats where we shop. Very good quality there.

guttaman
01-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Thanks. I will seek out the German butcher. Sounds like i'm going after ******.