Hoseman
06-03-2009, 06:19 PM
http://sosuasunshine.com/Sosua%20Map%20Restaurants.jpg

Jimmydr
06-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Cool map, but its missing baileys.

Hoseman
06-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Cool map, but its missing baileys.It's missing Pedro Mc Murphy's also and the Blue Atlantic is closed.I like La rocha but they kill you with that 26% tax.Lou's Shark Bar is not on there either.

Jimmydr
06-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Baileys was my all time favorite, we went there for ice cream and Snitzel.

Kevy
06-03-2009, 06:49 PM
they are both old maps, been around awhile.

Hoseman
06-03-2009, 06:54 PM
they are both old maps, been around awhile.Yeah.But like Jimmy was saying it gives the Newbies a good Ideal of how things are situated and most of the Hotels are still there on the Hotel map.

Hoseman
06-03-2009, 07:02 PM
1 vote for La Passions.The Restaurant not the Girls:corky:

Jimmydr
06-03-2009, 07:03 PM
1 vote for La Passions.The Restaurant not the Girls:corky:

They have a restaurant?

jensenspecial
06-03-2009, 07:06 PM
lol what kinda list is that???????????
the best restaurants are not on it...the absolute No 1 in Sosua is El Batey Restaurant with Richy as a 5 star chef , unbeatable food, tasty, top notch quality, meat as well as seafood, excellent lobster and shrimps, and good portions at reasonable prices...how could you miss that..it is right in front of Club Residencial.
Another top notch restaurant is La Finca , at the corner before getting to Baileys...1 st runner up in Sosua

Jimmydr
06-03-2009, 07:08 PM
the best restaurants are not on it...the absolute No 1 in Sosua is El Batey Restaurant with Richy as a 5 star chef , unbeatable food, tasty, top notch quality, meat as well as seafood, excellent lobster and shrimps, and good portions at reasonable prices...how could you miss that..it is right in front of Club Residencial.
Another top notch restaurant is La Finca , at the corner before getting to Baileys...1 st runner up in Sosua

I am looking at the poll and both those places are listed?:confused:

Hoseman
06-03-2009, 07:10 PM
They have a restaurant?Yep very good wings

Hoseman
06-03-2009, 07:14 PM
How much is the average Meal at those 2 and I am sure they tack on that 26% tax.Your talking about guys that go there to spend their Money on Pussy not Food.Why do you think guys were talking about Flasks earlier.When Mongers are down there everything equates in Pussy Dollars.

Jimmydr
06-03-2009, 07:15 PM
How much is the average Meal at those 2 and I am sure they tack on that 26% tax.Your talking about guys that go there to spend their Money on Pussy not Food.Why do you think guys were talking about Flasks earlier.When Mongers are down there everything equates in Pussy Dollars.

When you go for two weeks at a time, 6 - 12 times a year, you need to watch what you are spending or you will have to cut back on trips.

Hoseman
06-03-2009, 07:18 PM
When you go for two weeks at a time, 6 - 12 times a year, you need to watch what you are spending or you will have to cut back on trips.
Your right.Thats why I don't do the villa thing or even the NG.I pay $30 bucks a night at the Romanoff.

Jimmydr
06-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Your right.Thats why I don't do the villa thing or even the NG.I pay $30 bucks a night at the Romanoff.

I looked at the Romanoff and then we walked over ad decided that we liked the New Garden, so we checked in. You have to like the place you sleep in to have a good trip.:iconTU:

Hoseman
06-03-2009, 07:25 PM
I looked at the Romanoff and then we walked over ad decided that we liked the New Garden, so we checked in. You have to like the place you sleep in to have a good trip.:iconTU:On my next trip which will be a prelude to my moving there I may try a couple of days at the NG.

Jimmydr
06-03-2009, 07:26 PM
On my next trip which will be a prelude to my moving there I may try a couple of days at the NG.

So where are you going to live? Will you have a room to rent out?:confused::confused:

whatever
06-03-2009, 07:28 PM
They have a restaurant?

Of, course. They only have one dish: chica. And you can get it
cooked any way you like. Dine in or take out. The only thing
they don't have is a drive thru.

Jimmydr
06-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Of, course. They only have one dish: chica. And you can get it
cooked any way you like. Dine in or take out. The only thing
they don't have is a drive thru.

You will learn or maybe you know this, but deciding where to eat takes longer than finding a chica.

Hoseman
06-03-2009, 07:30 PM
So where are you going to live? Will you have a room to rent out?:confused::confused:
I have a couple of places in mind I am going down for a month to chech them out I The plan at the Moment is to stay in Sosua or at the furthest one of the places across the HWY.

jensenspecial
06-03-2009, 07:40 PM

thats also true

jensenspecial
06-03-2009, 07:42 PM
I am looking at the poll and both those places are listed?:confused:

you just added them...lol but thats ok they are really good...

Jimbo44
06-03-2009, 08:27 PM
I forgot the name, but if you walk around the corner from the NG towards the ball field and keep going a few more blocks, there is a good fish place that i went to 2x last trip. Some guy hipped me to it and there was not tax or tip added. Service a bit slow but food was excellent and inexpensive. It is on the opposite side of Bologna or he same side as the ballfield.

yayow
06-03-2009, 09:52 PM
I am surprised that none of the German Restaurants are not listed. Although I wouldn't put any of them in my top Restaurants, the first time I ever tried Schnitzel was in Sosua and absolutely fell in love with it, a guy I knew was having some and invited me to try it, one of the German Restaurants not far from Classicos. The price was right too.

Hoseman
06-03-2009, 10:28 PM
This is basically a generalized map if someone has computer skills to update it that would be nice.

Hoseman
06-03-2009, 10:40 PM
For example I went to Susanna's in March I went back in May and it is not where it was. Come on guys anyone that has been down there numerous times knows how businesses disappear others ones appear and the same with the chicas and you can see businesses that never get off the ground or not fast as they should.

curiousdude
06-08-2009, 12:39 AM

Many guys eat at Rocky's so that Peter can eat at El Batey and La Finca.:p

jensenspecial
06-12-2009, 05:14 PM
that was a good one ...RESPECT !!!!!

Mags
06-13-2009, 03:06 PM
For example I went to Susanna's in March I went back in May and it is not where it was. Come on guys anyone that has been down there numerous times knows how businesses disappear others ones appear and the same with the chicas and you can see businesses that never get off the ground or not fast as they should.

Susanna's moved to a side street off Pedro Clisante. I beleive it's
Ayuntamiento. Susanna's is on the left side of the street coming down Pedro Clisante.
It's next door to the pizza restaurant. I was there last week. $200 pesos for dinner and a coke. She has a small bar setup now to the left as you walk in.

mikelodge
06-19-2009, 12:00 AM
This is basically a generalized map if someone has computer skills to update it that would be nice.

www.gringo-times.com (http://www.gringo-times.com) has some maps on there and they are working on an interactive one that is only partially finished. What they have on there so far can be found if you are want to know just click this www.gringo-times.com/maps/sosua-map-interactive.php (http://www.gringo-times.com/maps/sosua-map-interactive.php)

I was in POP last weekend briefly on business and was shown this. We may be advertising there.

mikelodge
06-19-2009, 12:05 AM
www.gringo-times.com (http://www.gringo-times.com) has some maps on there and they are working on an interactive one that is only partially finished. What they have on there so far can be found if you are want to know just click this www.gringo-times.com/maps/sosua-map-interactive.php (http://www.gringo-times.com/maps/sosua-map-interactive.php)

I was in POP last weekend briefly on business and was shown this. We may be advertising there.

I forgot to mention if anyone knows them it might a good place to advertise and be a plus for Americans to find stuff that don't necessarily share our hobby.

Jay_t
06-19-2009, 05:44 AM
In my opinion Rockys is overrated and over priced.
Ate there a few times at start of my trip thought the ribs were expensive for Sosua , unsure what meat was in the burger to be honest.
Final straw was when I went for dinner with a chica , she talks to them and they produce the "other menu". Exact same dishes , spanish language menu for half the price.
I understand people have to make a living and maybe want to charge gringo's a little extra but twice the price is taking the piss.
Dont like being done over and had been for 3 days or so.

I ate at Pedro's mostly after this, daily specials from 100P.

KoKi9290
08-01-2009, 11:00 PM
I am a big fan of Bologne's but recently, Choirboy turned me onto Bailey's pizza which i have to say is superior to Bologne's.

Also would recommend the little restaurant between the farmacia and the Bon just down from New Garden. Small Mother and daughter operation. They make everything fresh when ordered and prices were reasonable (except for mero). Very good pasta dishes and salads for dinner. And excellent sandwiches for lunch or to take on airplane.

KoKi9290
08-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Also wanted mention a relatively new fare on the beach at 108 or 109, Big D's. Gringo named Derrick does a really nice BBQ ribs and chicken but only Thursdays thru Sundays. Nice guy! Good sauce and side salad.

My mini-homage to Chino below.

shredder
10-17-2009, 05:15 PM
It's not talked about much here but Cafe Cubano is excellent for sandwiches. Everyone who goes there raves about it. It is located across the street from Classicos...not straight across but across and a few doors down towards the beach. The usually have a special running of a sandwich, chips and beer for 200pesos.

The place is run by an expat and his wife and they know how to make really good sandwiches.

Juggles
10-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Really good sandwich place is on the corner DR Rosen? around the way from Don Antonio, and facing the Metro Tours buses.

Basic Menu. Chicken sandwich or Ham & Cheese. $40 pesos.

Fresh Juice. $30-40 pesos.

Great Value.

SeaWeed
10-19-2009, 09:49 PM
pics of eating establishments from a couple weeks ago........

5839ll

JD426
10-19-2009, 10:02 PM
thanks Rocko, now I'm hungry... again.
My question though is has anyone tried the 90 peso Dominican Lunch at La Roca ? and what is it excactly ? sorry if this was already answered before. I could probably eat this as a snack on my way to the beach, washed down with a 60 peso presidente.

SeaWeed
10-20-2009, 05:38 PM
have to admit I was tempted to try that 90 Peso lunch at LaRoca.......that's why I took the pic........ but I never did get around trying the place......but the place always had people in it so you know the food was turning over which is good for us worried about getting sick etc......actually saw a few places that advertise what I thought were really good specials around Sosua.......there was a nice place down by the Coco Hotel that was offering a 100 Peso meal too that should be checked out too.......

so many places to eat, so little time..........

SeaWeed
10-20-2009, 06:03 PM
some more places to eat and drink around Sosua......

This first place hardly ever had any customers in it........

and this place looked inviting.........

this place always did a huge business.......

Pizza place on the beach.......

think I could try a couple weeks trying out all the places to eat on the beach and still not be done with them all......same could go for the places around downtown too!

though I think I did a pretty good job of finding the best places to drink and observe the beautiful Chicas in Sosua in two weeks time this last reach.......lol

SeaWeed
10-20-2009, 06:18 PM
more places to eat and drink in Sosua......

place beside the Romanoff.....maybe the Romanoff own......dunno

Eddy's Sport Bar.......

not sure who this blackboard menu goes with on this street......

Eddy's

200 Pesos for breakfast at Eddy's......a lot cheaper places in town

SeaWeed
10-20-2009, 06:26 PM
menu at PJ's........cheap enuff eh........some say the food is good here........some say it could be better......

yayow
01-11-2010, 04:09 PM
menu at PJ's........cheap enuff eh........some say the food is good here........some say it could be better......

Tell you the truth Rocko, most guys when they are in Sosua, they are in the bag most of the day anyway, when you are like that it don't matter how good it is, it just needs to fill you up, so you don't throw up.

I remember and still to this day when I lived in NY, when ever we were drunk where did we go to Murder Burgers, or White Castles there was nothing better than that, when you were feeling no pain.

When I lived in Los Angeles the best place at that time of night was Fat Burgers, again no pain and just like at White Castles when you went there you had no idea who or what you would find as far as the clientele went.

Man just talking about those places, my mouth is watering for a good Fat Burger, and absent that I would settle for a half dozen Murder Burgers with cheese.:eek::eek::eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:

yayow
01-11-2010, 04:11 PM
On a more serious note I noticed that JD426, recommended Romanoff's I never tried that place but I have heard a few good things about the place, what do you guys say about that place???

Is it worth a reach next time up there??

SeaWeed
01-11-2010, 09:25 PM
mi kinda checked it out but thought the prices were a likkle high and did not try the food so can't be a food critic........
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/170084b4bdd421f158.jpg
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/170084b4bdd41d3c35.jpg

whatever
01-12-2010, 07:04 AM
mi kinda checked it out but thought the prices were a likkle high and did not try the food so can't be a food critic........
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/170084b4bdd421f158.jpg)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/170084b4bdd41d3c35.jpg)

I tried the schnitzel there last November and it was delicious. The schnitzel at Hotel Romanoff costs less than the schnitzel at Schnitzel Paradise and you got twice as much meat as Schnitzel Paradise. The meat covered the plate.

gdogg
01-12-2010, 08:05 AM
For the most part, I always enjoyed my stays at The Romanoff. I just had issues on consecutive trips with the security guard there (I almost killed him!). He's probably not there anymore. The rooms are nice, and the AC blows COLD (essential for me). I stopped staying there when GardenKeti became New Garden, and the rest is history. Back then the best part was that most chicas didn't know where it was, so you didn't have to worry about stalkers. For the price ($30 at the time for AC and TV, cheaper without), it couldn't be beat. Oh yeah, the showers are small as hell! Especially in my old room (D-2)

Old Romanoff thread:
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7844

I'm pretty sure this entire trip was spent at The Romanoff. You can see the hotel/room:
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9576

Just do a search of my name and Romanoff and you'll find plenty of info and pics.

gdogg
01-12-2010, 08:35 AM
I tried the schnitzel there last November and it was delicious. The schnitzel at Hotel Romanoff costs less than the schnitzel at Schnitzel Paradise and you got twice as much meat as Schnitzel Paradise. The meat covered the plate.

Sounds like the schnitzel they have at Rocky's as well. Had to take part of it with me.

chicmatic
01-24-2010, 06:02 PM
I had some surprisingly good Thai food at the Romanoff...other than that, I've just had their spaghetti. Looking back at my pictures, I eat a lot of spaghetti in Sosua but it's mostly at Rocky's. I like PJ's but I wouldn't say the food is cheap there. And at La Rocha, my brother's food actually had a rock in it and he hurt his tooth when he bit into it. I believe they comped us the drinks for that. My most memorable meals were the chicken from the street vendor, fresh fish on the beach, and pulpo from El Fogon right up the street from Sosua. El Fogon is the truth!!

whatever
01-24-2010, 06:54 PM
I like PJ's but I wouldn't say the food is cheap there.

I agree with about PJ's. What I like about PJ's is their plates
have some veggies that are COOKED. I don't trust the raw
veggies in the DR I'm afraid they are sliced and then washed
with local water and I know you know you don't want to
drink the tap water there. With PJs you can get some
veggies without worrying about getting sick. Excellent
service as well. Don't tip they include it in their bill.

psriches
01-24-2010, 07:42 PM
I had a burger at PJ's last week and it wasn't bad at all!!!

Jimmydr
01-24-2010, 07:43 PM

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

With bacon?

psriches
01-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

With bacon?:rofl::rofl: No, not with bacon.

WSJ and I had a couple cheeseburgers with lettace, tomato, ketchup, fries and juego (limon). We watched the Jets game on the big screen.

We also ran into maximus, office manager, jiggified, tony toca, erikS, juggle, sage, Lou, Peter, a few other ISOC members and tons of chicas.

But no bacon!!!!!

Jimmydr
01-25-2010, 04:25 AM
:rofl::rofl: No, not with bacon.

WSJ and I had a couple cheeseburgers with lettace, tomato, ketchup, fries and juego (limon). We watched the Jets game on the big screen.

We also ran into maximus, office manager, jiggified, tony toca, erikS, juggle, sage, Lou, Peter, a few other ISOC members and tons of chicas.

But no bacon!!!!!

No Bacon, no threesome?

Fordtech
01-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Is the map posted here the best map of Sosua eateries, hotels and bars? I found this map but I think it might be old map and is in a different language.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/181584b5f5dca92b93.jpg

gdogg
01-26-2010, 09:04 AM

I've heard that PJ's food is actually good now. Has been for a while now. I'm still scared of it though. Back in the day, it got everybody sick. Especially if you ate there at night.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/34444b5ef62b17115.jpg

Fordtech
01-26-2010, 08:17 PM
What is up with the places on the left of the map, what language?

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/181584b5f5dca92b93.jpg

Kevy
01-26-2010, 08:32 PM
What is up with the places on the left of the map, what language?

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/181584b5f5dca92b93.jpg)

Hotel Orchidee is run by Germans, so it is a German map. Years ago the place was mostly Germans, but that changed over time. Once we did a trip to Sabenetta and there were bars with German signs all over, but most of the Germans have moved on.

balcoach
01-26-2010, 08:51 PM
for pasta
best spot in town is the "hostelria 24" just before brittannia, jolly roger, cuban cafe
on pedro clisante

husl2001
02-01-2010, 10:10 PM
for pasta
best spot in town is the "hostelria 24" just before brittannia, jolly roger, cuban cafe
on pedro clisante

Bailey's is good, but don't sleep on Morua Moi. Good breakfasts, sandwiches and real dinners, everything is properly cooked, and the prices are reasonable (not cheap) and include all taxes.

Alexandra (the owner) and "Big D" get the majority of my food dollars these days.

DCIronman
03-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Bailey's is good, but don't sleep on Morua Moi. Good breakfasts, sandwiches and real dinners, everything is properly cooked, and the prices are reasonable (not cheap) and include all taxes.

Alexandra (the owner) and "Big D" get the majority of my food dollars these days.

And the wifi at Moru Mai is good and strong as well. Yup, Alexandra and her husband are good people. But if he (the husband) calls me "playa" one more time, we're going to have a problem. I used to find it amusing, but now it's just annoying.

JD426
07-28-2010, 05:26 PM
I was advised by someone in town that LaRoca is out of business?? Can someone else confirm ? I kept forgetting to walk by there to check. Didnt really care for their service there so no surprise to me if its true.

Dave Diaz
11-03-2010, 10:49 AM
I need to expand and visit more places to eat. This map is awesome, this board has every answer to pretty much any question you could ever have. Its all a matter of finding it and knowing where to look.

Sidney
09-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Movida is very good=Italian.:lol:

Goober17
09-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Movila is very good=Italian.:lol:

and where is it located?

Sidney
09-20-2012, 05:32 PM
and where is it located?

Near the end of PC, on left side, near the cheapie CA bar/restaurant.