PDA

View Full Version : Mountain View Hotel

sota
06-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Has anyone stayed at the Mountain View Hotel recently. The only information I could find is back in 2008 and I would like some updated information. From its website it said that it has been renovated recently and is centrally located. Any comments and advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Sota

http://www.mountainviewdr.com/default.html

weyland
06-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Has anyone stayed at the Mountain View Hotel recently.
Never stayed there but have looked around since the refurbishment. It's o.k.for the money but is mainly for Dominican businessmen and officials. Not aimed at gringo mongers, and it is no longer a prime pick-up place as it was five years ago. Same owners (Anoeca) as Field of Dreams which most of us would prefer. Mountain View is certainly central though. Right in the middle of Puerto Plata. Not sure if I would consider that an advantage unless I was a travelling salesman.

sota
06-05-2009, 02:12 PM
it is no longer a prime pick-up place as it was five years ago. Same owners (Anoeca) as Field of Dreams which most of us would prefer. Mountain View is certainly central though. Right in the middle of Puerto Plata.

I was actually thinking of using this place for my tourist phase of my trip. You know seeing the other sites of the Dominican Republic. If anyone has suggestions of a better location. I am all ears. Please note that I will not be driving or riding a motorcycle. I am not as adventurous like some on this board (i.e. Kennilingus, great trip report by the way :clap:). Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.

jstarebel
06-05-2009, 11:18 PM
Has anyone stayed at the Mountain View Hotel recently. The only information I could find is back in 2008 and I would like some updated information. From its website it said that it has been renovated recently and is centrally located. Any comments and advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Sota

http://www.mountainviewdr.com/default.html
It is an OK hotel, and I have stayed there before. The staff is nice, they dont mind guests, and they do not charge for them. The rooms are also ok, and it has been updated.. Dominican Style.. The problem I have is that it is loud because of all of the traffic there, and while outside the room, the smell of the two stroke motos is awful. It does put you closer to all of the action in POP, but I personally prefer Field of Dreams when I stay in POP. I see where you are going to have a car, and FOD hotel is safer with refrence to your vehicle. With a vehicle, you can go where ever you want, and Field of Dreams hotel is very relaxing with a great staff and the restaurant is awesome.. The chicas arn't bad either, but they do not attack you as they do in other DR hotel environments. everything about this place mamkes me feel at home..

jstarebel
06-05-2009, 11:20 PM
I misread your post regarding a car... FOD Staff can easily hook you up with an affordable taxi guy that will not charge you an arm and a leg... Just ask them for a little help...

weyland
06-06-2009, 04:46 AM
I misread your post regarding a car... FOD Staff can easily hook you up with an affordable taxi guy that will not charge you an arm and a leg... Just ask them for a little help...
You can also get to a lot of other places from FoD very cheaply and conveniently by public transport as it is located just off a highway.

Puerto Plata, Montellano, Sosúa, Cabarete and Rio San Juan without changing. Cofresi, Imbert, and Santiago with one change onto very frequent buses. So you can sightsee a lot of places for a very few pesos.

Jimmydr
06-06-2009, 10:57 AM
This was the place to be in 2002!

Kevy
06-06-2009, 02:56 PM
I was told it was happening in 2004 and went there, there were a few chicas, but nothing else. In 2005 there was nothing. Never went back.

3somefan
06-06-2009, 07:44 PM
I was told it was happening in 2004 and went there, there were a few chicas, but nothing else. In 2005 there was nothing. Never went back.

I went there in early 2006 when I was staying at Blackbeards. We had some nice drinks and I actually took out a nice chica from there. First time I actually paid a salida for a chica. There was good music, a decent crowd of maybe 20 or so and plenty of dancing. Would have liked to have seen it when it was happening but then again I wasn't mongering then.